• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdrttoy
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
    • Jun 2010

Re: SXR Basic questions

I for one think lubrication is a myth. You don't need oil. You just get really fast a replacing top ends. But money should be no object. Just buy cylinders in bulk. Haha.
    All of the PWC parts and service you'll ever need can be found at High Speed Industries

Comment

• SteveTec
      Top Dog
      • Feb 2004

I carry nearly every brand of oil out there and have found that they all work as well as the next provided you mix a ratio that is suited to the type of setup you run.
      Visit Our E-Bay Store
      http://stores.ebay.com/APS-JETSKI-and-ATV-Parts

Action Power Sports Inc.
      Extreme Motorsports Center
      CHANDLER, ARIZONA.
      http://www.actionpowersports.net

Comment

• Mr. Bill
        • Jun 2008

If you use cheap dinasour oils, aren't those the thinned out crude oils that gasoline is made from ? So, why do you need any extra oil mixed with the gasoline ?

Tounge firmly placed in cheek
        Bill O'Neal
        www.watercraftmagic.net
        For repairs and/or parts and appointments only:
        626 914 9509 M-F 10 am to 5 pm PST, ask for Chris.

Always speak your mind because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Comment

• The Wayniac
          • Mar 2006

Id say quality of the oil is more important than mix ratio. On high rpm strokers a low shear strength oil will let you down quick. Like Steve said....pick based on your application and use at what seems like a reasonable ratio. I run my race boats at 40:1 and my rec boats at 50:1. I never ran any of my SXRs at 60:1, call me old fashioned.

Comment

• cam wrecker
            I dream skis
            • Oct 2009

Thank you to all who helped me figure this one out. I'm running 91 at 40-1 using full synthetic. That mix ratio the factory recommended gets a little confusing at times. Again thank you!

Comment

• cr21sparky
              Frequent Poster
              • Aug 2011

maxima formula K2, 40:1 have ran it for yrs in my tz250 racebike, twin engine laydown race kart, and my skis, mixes well and stays mixed well, doesnt leave a lot of resedue in pipe and on top of pistons, and smells good too, light red colored so you can tell when youve mixed your fuel.
              Casey

WWW.NEVERSATISFIEDMOTORSPORTS.COM

1997 SEA DOO SPX jdyn grate,vtec,beachhouse,miller head,spec1,skat sw17-22,wc nozzle,umi,44blackjacks,TNT ecwi,tdr-wb,microtouch,needs more!!!
              2010 KAWASAKI STX 15F r&d grate,r&d power filter

Comment

Working...
              X