» wallpapers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Re: SXR Basic questions

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyX2 View Post
    Frank, two bottles per tank will be twice as good! LOL

Im thinkin of running the Hydro oil, whats it the Mobil 1? 30-50? LOL

Its fun goin back and forth on each others knowledge of the sport or know how of the workings of motors. We all have different preferences on what kinds of oil to run and how much to run at what ratios. Its all ok to run something different than another rider at a different ratio. Kawasaki would love for all of us to run 60:1, or even 70:1 if we would do it. I don't have a problem running it at 60:1, but in this stage of the game I enjoy riding instead of building skis. It creates good parts revenue to burn the motors up and its also EPA minded. Run whatever you want to run, there are a lot of people on this forum that have plenty of experience tearing down motors or not having to as often as others, etc. Being on the water is the reason we are all here exchanging information that can be helpful. I guess my question would be to JohnnyX is, did you get an opportunity to get a new x2? And that's not a slam. Or are you riding the original. I know of two built x2's here locally that have all the goods on them if you might be interested in picking up another one.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home srh967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kawi105 View Post
    Dont argue with jonny.

jonny is my hero!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexanderthescoopgrate View Post
    Its fun goin back and forth on each others knowledge of the sport or know how of the workings of motors. We all have different preferences on what kinds of oil to run and how much to run at what ratios. Its all ok to run something different than another rider at a different ratio. Kawasaki would love for all of us to run 60:1, or even 70:1 if we would do it. I don't have a problem running it at 60:1, but in this stage of the game I enjoy riding instead of building skis. It creates good parts revenue to burn the motors up and its also EPA minded. Run whatever you want to run, there are a lot of people on this forum that have plenty of experience tearing down motors or not having to as often as others, etc. Being on the water is the reason we are all here exchanging information that can be helpful. I guess my question would be to JohnnyX is, did you get an opportunity to get a new x2? And that's not a slam. Or are you riding the original. I know of two built x2's here locally that have all the goods on them if you might be interested in picking up another one.
    I think he has 2 or maybe 3 of the 06 models. And he knows how to ride em!!!!!!

AKA: Resident Smart Azz };-)~ PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Hurricane249's Avatar

I guess my question would be to JohnnyX is, did you get an opportunity to get a new x2?
    He got a few of them actually.

There are only a few people on this site whose opinions I would completely trust, Jonny is one of them. He knows his stuff and has no issue sharing info. FWIW, I ran 40:1 for a tank in my SXR and changed to 50:1 with absolutely no issue.
    ACMC

TABOMPR

Quote Originally Posted by PrickofMisery
    Sprinkle it with as much powdered sugar and gold leaf that you want... It is still, and always will be a PoS Turd Ski. No hard feelings.

[QUOTE=Hurricane249;2667727]He got a few of them actually.

There are only a few people on this site whose opinions I would completely trust, Jonny is one of them. He knows his stuff and has no issue sharing info. FWIW,

I agree with you, Jonny has helped me out alot with my SXR..

Kawasaki Master Tech PWCToday Newbie

We use and recommend a 40:1 ratio!
    Last edited by skiworx; 05-08-2010 at 10:11 PM.
    Thanks, Steve
    Skiworx Watercraft Performance
    410-766-7900
    Ultra150.com Administrator/Owner

Please Visit Skiworx.com
    email steve@skiworx.com
    Visit Ultra150.com

50:1....

On every 2 smoke I have ever run...be it @ 190psi or 125psi...

Thats what I still use to this day even on my race ski now. And like the other Jonny...I have switched to the cheapest semi oil for comparison....for about 3 years with no problems. clean burn and piston wash is fine and never a oil related break down.

PLus remember the higher amount of oil you run you lean out your fuel mixture,,,,,this is to a extent by the way.

Arnold did you sell your gp??
    Get some or Get none...!! STXR Project page http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49594
    CHECK OUT MY LINK..>>>>gpr pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/20512559@N07/
    STXR pics >>> http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b8...pr/STXR%20pics

"Some times when you buy parts to modify your ski the modified parts have to be modified before the mod part can go on your ski that is to be modified" !!

Attention ***** PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JonnyX2's Avatar

I agree it is fun, but really not worth arguing over, thats why I left it at "to each his own"... Damned jet skiers are an opinionated bunch! Its all good man!
    AlexanderTSG, I did have the chance to get a new X2, a few of them now and just made a deal on another. Theres a few pics of my X2s here http://www.pwctoday.com/members/jonn...ding-pictures/ if you care to check 'em out!

PS thanks for all the props guys, I am always willing to help out if I can. You get what you give
    Last edited by JonnyX2; 05-09-2010 at 05:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird A/C&Heating View Post
    OMG.....Rules for 550 vintage ski class...550 ski riders do not conform to any kind of rules. That is why you are riding a 550 ski in the first place. Rules suck....
    PS...the rule book will be in my 550 pump
    Quote Originally Posted by WB1994
    Listen , stop your cryin' , its only an X2.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

wait u got another x2?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information