Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Regular

Installing a Factory Wet Pipe on Brand New SXR-800~~~~~Need Help

I am new to the sport and this website. So any information is appreciated, just to throw that out there.

I have a 2008 Sxr-800 and I just got my Wet Pipe in the mail today. I am hoping to install it myself, but I understand the tuning can be the hard part. Im am unsure of what jets to use and I am not quite sure how to tune the pipe once its on.

I read the instructions on their website but if anybody has any pointers or recommendations thatd be great. I plan on getting new air filters (not sure what brand), tbm super pump and the tbm impeller, and maybe the tbm head if that helps you with which jets to use.

I am looking to do more freestyle but I dont want to lose all my top end either. Thanks

Re: Installing a Factory Wet Pipe on Brand New SXR-800~~~~~Need Help

Use the basic jetting that FPP specifies, its the best for all around performance with that pipe, however on my skis the 2.0 needle seat gives me better throttle response than when I used the 1.5 (stock) You dont need any flame arrestors right now, just pull the trumpets out of the end of the airbox, it will flow more than enough air. Tuning the pipe is not hard, open the bottom screw 1/8 for coupler safety and tune with the top screw....it is the easiest one to access. Start at about a 1/2 turn open, thats more than the minumum water needed. Ride it for a while and see how you like it, want more bottom pull? Open up the top screw another 1/2 turn, if you want more top end rpms, close it down. I race so I only have the bottom screw cracked the 1/8, the others are closed. That keeps the pipe drier for more rpms up top (I do not suggest that setting unless you are trying to squeeze all the rpms out of the pipe that you can get for racing) Just keep in mind that there is no "perfect" tuning setting for the pipe, its how you like your ski to run. If you need help on any part of the installation PM me I have done a few of these.

also IMO opening any of the screws more than 1 turn is futile, as I believe this is the point where the screw plug clears the seat in the water jacket enough to flow the maximum water that it can push thru the little hole in the chamber wall, which surely is less than 1/16" in diameter.
    Last edited by RacerX2; 04-15-2010 at 02:04 AM.
    See di46 drink......See di46 drive......Don't be a di46......

PWCToday Regular

When you say open the screw Im guessing I should screw it in all the way until it stops and then back it off the disired amount? This might sound dumb but Im not sure which screws are even the correct ones. I bought my pipe used off of here.

PWCToday Newbie

What tool is needed to adjust the three screws?

Thread Information