Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: mccovey cove

mccovey cove

as soon as it hits 100 im tryin to go to a giants game, on my ski. yea yea salt water iknow but nothin a flush kit wont fix. n e body know if you can do this? i talked to the coast guard and they didnt have arule but sfpd says u gotta mantain a 1200ft line from the shore...someone help me out.
    Carbon C1 Hurricane 785
    78 wetbike
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    .. You are in posession of the world's biggest gonads or the world's smallest brain, or both. Wow, just wow. You've redefined hard-core for all of us.

Re: mccovey cove

Salt water is just fine.....just flush it well afterward and apply some WD-40 or fluid film all over the engine.....Presto!

Benny
    "I've got my own life to live, I'm the one that's gonna die, when its time for me to die, So let me live my life the way I want to.."....Jimi Hendrix.

96 B1..SOLD !!!__|___95 SN...Freestyle___|___99 RN....Freestyle

you gonna just float for 4 hours there during the game?

im not worried about the salt...im worried about gettin rolled on while im out there. my plan is so go into the cove, chill, go out and ride, come back and chill...you kow make a day of it. if was planning on just floating i would bring a tube or a kayak or somethin. i bring the motor for a purpose lol. my question is, is it illegal to ride ajet ski in mccovey cove. im sure its 5mph and im sure you cant get to close the the pier or the 3rd st bridge...but as for pwc operation in the cove..????
    Carbon C1 Hurricane 785
    78 wetbike
    .. You are in posession of the world's biggest gonads or the world's smallest brain, or both. Wow, just wow. You've redefined hard-core for all of us.

I have gone to the cove twice in my 550. I launched my ski at Jack London Sq and did the transbay ride. There was a lot of rollers, and boat wakes. When I got to the cove, gameday was a lot of fun. There was a lot of people floating, and partying. I did a couple of fountains and was told by the fans that I was on the jumbotron. I also brought a small tube and floated next to a bouy with my feet in the tray.

The only thing was that was 2000 and 2001. Now there is a SF law that prohibits jet skis/PWCs from being 1200 feet from the SF waterline. I heard the fine is around $250, and the cove is well patrolled by the USCG and SFPD.

It sucks we can't go there anymore. If we could, I would join you.
    CW #922
    '05 800 SX-R, '15 Sea-Doo Spark
    Team Tillman Member: http://www.active.com/donate/teamtillman/walker922
    2011 Mark Hahn 300 Stand-up Ironman
    "The man, the legend, a way of life"

see thats the thing, i talked to the coast guard and the only thing they said was you have to be like 20 feet from the pier and you cant go under the 3rd st bridge. the sherrifs even said as long as ur 5mph and blah blah blah away from the pier and the bridge. the only agency that has the 1200 ft line is sfpd. i might just say fk it and do it n e way. play the stupid card lol. i was thinkin about launching right down the road at pier 50 or sometin like that. its a yacht club and they have a public launch, we could mess around without n e gas worries, if it was a worry. thanks dude
    Carbon C1 Hurricane 785
    78 wetbike

Did you do it?
    Check out our fan page at www.fluid-film.ning.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dano50 View Post
    Did you do it?
    lol nope not yet. waiting for a string on 100 degree days. i dont have a wet suit...i would freeze my little tally whacker off if i did it right now
    Carbon C1 Hurricane 785
    78 wetbike

Thrasher,

A wet suit is a must especially if you are going to float. The bay will be around 55 degrees on a 90 degree day.

If you are going to play the ignorance card, write down the date and time you called the USCG and SFSD. Then get the name and rank of the personnel who told you that it was okay to ride there. That way if the SFPD contacts you, you can point out that you contacted these agencies, and talked to these specific people at that time.

Honestly, I would watch it out there. People have been ticketed for riding in the bay. They tried to play ignorant, but ignorance is no excuse (especially in a city that is in big time debt).
    CW #922
    '05 800 SX-R, '15 Sea-Doo Spark
    Team Tillman Member: http://www.active.com/donate/teamtillman/walker922
    2011 Mark Hahn 300 Stand-up Ironman
    "The man, the legend, a way of life"

Quote Originally Posted by 03walker View Post
    Thrasher,

A wet suit is a must especially if you are going to float. The bay will be around 55 degrees on a 90 degree day.

If you are going to play the ignorance card, write down the date and time you called the USCG and SFSD. Then get the name and rank of the personnel who told you that it was okay to ride there. That way if the SFPD contacts you, you can point out that you contacted these agencies, and talked to these specific people at that time.

Honestly, I would watch it out there. People have been ticketed for riding in the bay. They tried to play ignorant, but ignorance is no excuse (especially in a city that is in big time debt).
    TRUE.
    The water in the Bay is Cold as Chit all year round.

Benny
    "I've got my own life to live, I'm the one that's gonna die, when its time for me to die, So let me live my life the way I want to.."....Jimi Hendrix.

96 B1..SOLD !!!__|___95 SN...Freestyle___|___99 RN....Freestyle

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information