Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Regular

Superjet Parts Install

Anyone around the ND area ever install footholds or a factory b pipe on a superjet? Also any other installs of modified parts? I am looking at ordering some stuff for my superjet but havent ever installed any before.

Re: Superjet Parts Install

iv done holds and a pipe, but havnt turfed holds tho
    96 race mod
    96 hx
    82 kawi js 300, "The Beast"

PWCToday Regular

how hard is it to install the pipe and also get it tuned properly?

installing the pipe can be hard but if you plan how you are going to do it (wich i didnt ha) its easy, and as far as tuning, unless your good at it you mite have to take it in
    96 race mod
    96 hx

PWCToday Regular

where locally are you able to take them to have them tuned?

well i would asume your local yamaha dealer
    96 race mod
    96 hx

Top Dog

I have done a few sets of foot holds (on kawi's) and turfed it in. Turfing is not hard if you do it right, but like anything... gets better with practice.

for the holds, make card board templates and then position them where you want them. Some guys like them back as far as possible, but some (usually shorter guys) want them a little more forward than that. cut out the holes (I usually use a dremmel). The cut should be about 1/2" smaller than the outter perimiter of the hold. most holds will not lay perfectly flat so you can make some relief cuts in them if you plan on glassing them in.
    Be sure the fit and are where you want them, then goop the heck out of the contact point around the hold where it meets the hull with PL5200 or any other Marine grade adhesive sealant. then you need to predrill and rivit all around the parimeter of the hold no more than 1/2" apart. This is best done with 2 guys because one can force or stretch the hold into place while the other drills and rivets. At this point, if you are satisfied with the seal, you can move on to turfing. about 50% of guys cover the seam in a few layers of fiberglass to ensure a smooth water tight finish, but not always necessary. I do it on all the ones I install.

turf is held on with contact cement from any hardware store. READ THE DIRECTIONS! Or it will be a PITA. Test fit EVERYTHING and heat and mold it to shape (with heat gun or hair dryer) before you apply the cement. Put a layer on the ski and the back of the turf panel. let it dry to a tack. Yes, I know its tough, but let it dry. once its tack to the touch and your finger no longer comes off wet, press the turf to the ski, but be sure its where you want it, cuz it aint comming off!

If you want help, Im in Mandan and can help out or explain more if you want. PM me if you want more info.

Wes

Edit: I doubt the Yami dealer will help tune an aftermarket pipe. Your better off searching on here for someone who has it and getting the settings from them.
    Last edited by bump; 04-06-2010 at 03:21 PM.

Thread Information