Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Floating Dock Advice

Hey guys,
    I just bought a 2000 gp1200r waverunner. I'm looking into buying a floating dock for it. The problem is I will be docking the ski just south of the Mantoloking Bridge on the open Barnaget Bay. I'm concerned with the wave action on the weekends because it gets pretty bumpy. Does anyone have any reccomendations as to which brand I would be best with?
    Thanks,
    Brian.

PWCToday Newbie

Re: Floating Dock Advice

Update: Just picked up a Sport Port for $50. Needs some TLC but what the heck, for $50 I'll take the risk.

Man of Steel PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home davidw's Avatar

where on earth did you find one for $ 50.00 ?

PWCToday Newbie

everyday I'm hustlin...drove around lavallette and worked it..probably going to have to put $100 into it, but it should work. The foam inside it isn't 100% solid needs some TLC

PWCToday Regular

Re: Floating Dock Advice legal mooring dockage permits??

NJ dock permit law -- i know nothing--but do NJ residents have to put in for a state permit for a floating jet port type dock, i was about to buy one of these things and the neighbor that has says have to apply for a permit for each and every floating dock??? if it is for a ski or not-- any advice??? any jet ski attorneys out there??

PWCToday Newbie

Need help with diy floating dock. I building it with 35 gal plastic drums. I need help with the bung fitting. I am wanting to replace the bung with a pipe, will a fine thread 2" pipe work?

PWCToday Newbie

I'm right in the same area...about 3-4 miles south of the Mantoloking Bridge (Normandy Beach)....we have two floating 'EZ Port3s'. We are in a lagoon, so it's certainly not subject to the boat wake that you'd see on the open bay...particularly near that bridge...that's definitely a rough spot....lots of boats, and the channel narrows right there...creating even more wake.

You don't need permits for EZ ports..but I would definitely find out from a reseller if they can install in the place you're referring to. I know they knock those poles in, under the bay bottom pretty far...but once again, that spot is definitely rough. I don't know if those docs are designed for that kind of pounding.

Good luck

2009 Yamaha FX SHO Bronze Metallic
    2009 Yamaha FZS SHO Stealth Black

PWCToday Regular

check with your municipal code official-- it may only be a fee, but thats for a man made dockage or dredged lagoon, in the bay or natural harbor, creek, whatever -you WILL have to have deeded riparian right. that permit is thought the state and is backlogged 16- 20 months. just hate to see some one get fined, ignorance isnt bliss in NJ.
    (no you can't put it in first and say permit applied for)

Thread Information