User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: First issue of the 2010 RIDE Magazine has arrived!

Quote Originally Posted by jsecape View Post
    Well i hear that thy may not have it in print any more. just on line
    Where'd ya hear that ? Be nice if the AWA sent members a lousy letter or even an e-mail to drop ya dime on that, if it's fact....being that a lot of people are long time members.....

My riding buddy has a three year subscription....he hasn't been notified either.....they better be cuttin' him a reimburse check if true........sounds a little fly-by-night, ya know.
    Northern fleet:
    85 550 (Power by PoM)
    86 550
    Southern fleet:
    89 550 (half owner, nice loaner ski)
    89 650
    92 550
    82 550 & 91 650 (don't own either, but do all the wrenching)

(prop, plate, grate, bars on everything...and other assorted mods on the whole shootin' match)

Member: SCCA, ALMS, IMSA Tudor Sports Car Series

Frequent Poster

call them...

Quote Originally Posted by jsecape View Post
    call them...
    Copy...sorry to bother ya
    Northern fleet:
    85 550 (Power by PoM)
    86 550
    Southern fleet:
    89 650
    92 550

(prop, plate, grate, bars on everything...and other assorted mods on the whole shootin' match)

Let us know what they say. I'm not in just for the 'riders need protection' BS. I'm in college and I spent my hard earned spending money to get a magazine. After several months of bugging them I finally got three issues mailed to me at once, and have never gotten another.
    My ski:

1986 Kawi X-2

750 fresh, blaster chamber, 46mm sbn, aluminum fuel tank, supertrapp waterbox, full steering mods, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Davenjw View Post
    Let us know what they say. I'm not in just for the 'riders need protection' BS. I'm in college and I spent my hard earned spending money to get a magazine. After several months of bugging them I finally got three issues mailed to me at once, and have never gotten another.
    Spoke with the AWA today....they said that due to budgetary woes that the mag is almost certainly to go the way of on-line edition only. In fact we have probably seen the last ever issue in print form. It seems that they are a little tardy with mailing out membership renewal notices as well. I didn't have the heart to ask if the AWA is gonna fold up their tent and pack it in.....although their membership may decline without the mag in print form to entice people to stay.
    Northern fleet:
    85 550 (Power by PoM)
    86 550
    Southern fleet:
    89 650
    92 550

The AWA is going to fold; it is only a matter of time. I have been a member of AWA since I started riding. However the reality is that most PWC owners are a bunch of morons that don't think twice about spending a 100 bucks a day on gas, but scream poverty when it comes to shelling out a few bucks to an organization that tries to fight for their rights. And contrary to what some may think, it is NOT a liberal vs conservative issue. It's a moron vs smart issue. The anti PWC crowd are well organized, thoughtfull of what battle they are going to fight, and persistent in their actins. They understand that in order to get their agenda passed, it costs money, commitment, and organization. We, the PWC crowd refer to them as tree huggers, and fish suckers. They just refer to us as, well, jerks. And they are right! Do you think it is just a coincidence that areas that are banned to PWC's are not banned to super-boats that suck down 100 to 300 gal per hour? Why you may ask. Well I'll tell ya. Super-Boat and yacht owners don't just complain and moan and fill the web pages with silly threads, they just reach into their pockets, organize, hire lawyers, lobyists, and sue. What does the average PWC owner do when a spot is banned? Go on the internet and say something stupid like "buy a super jet." or make some assinine statement that Obama has a secret plan to ban PWC's..........like he really gives a damn.

Last summer when I was riding, I asked everyone if they were a member of AWA. Out of a group of about 15 riders, I was the only one. When I asked why they didn't join, the most common response was "who are they," or "their magazine sucks," or the one that I loved the best.....as this idiot was sucking down his drink and eating a 12 dollar hamburger at the local marina (hey it's New York City, everything is priced silly), "it costs too much; what for."

Now I personally do not know how effective the AWA is or was, however the minimal amount of money they charge to represent our pathetic little riding activity is minimal. Even if Chirs Mathos is a money grabbing charleton (which I doubt), that would still not change the fact that most PWC riders are a bunch of idiots. Need examples? Just take the demise of the stand-up.

Now let me start off by saying I do not ride a stand-up, and have no desire. With that said, why are they banned? I'll tell ya why.... stand up riders, like most pwc riders, are just too dumb to organize and do anything about being peed upon by those that, well just don't like them. When I first started reading about the 2-stroke ban aimed at PWC's I was amazed at most of the comments on this board. What did the average commenter have to say? "It don't bother me too much.......I'll just keep on fixin em." missing the entire point.

Anyway, half time is over and my rant is over.

Frequent Poster

WOW did it feel good to vent?? Do you feel better?

I will be calling them to request a refund. I'm not amused by their budgetary woes....
    My ski:

1986 Kawi X-2

750 fresh, blaster chamber, 46mm sbn, aluminum fuel tank, supertrapp waterbox, full steering mods, etc.

AKA: Resident Smart Azz };-)~ PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Hurricane249's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonriverrider View Post
    The AWA is going to fold; it is only a matter of time. I have been a member of AWA since I started riding. However the reality is that most PWC owners are a bunch of morons that don't think twice about spending a 100 bucks a day on gas, but scream poverty when it comes to shelling out a few bucks to an organization that tries to fight for their rights. And contrary to what some may think, it is NOT a liberal vs conservative issue. It's a moron vs smart issue. The anti PWC crowd are well organized, thoughtfull of what battle they are going to fight, and persistent in their actins. They understand that in order to get their agenda passed, it costs money, commitment, and organization. We, the PWC crowd refer to them as tree huggers, and fish suckers. They just refer to us as, well, jerks. And they are right! Do you think it is just a coincidence that areas that are banned to PWC's are not banned to super-boats that suck down 100 to 300 gal per hour? Why you may ask. Well I'll tell ya. Super-Boat and yacht owners don't just complain and moan and fill the web pages with silly threads, they just reach into their pockets, organize, hire lawyers, lobyists, and sue. What does the average PWC owner do when a spot is banned? Go on the internet and say something stupid like "buy a super jet." or make some assinine statement that Obama has a secret plan to ban PWC's..........like he really gives a damn.

Last summer when I was riding, I asked everyone if they were a member of AWA. Out of a group of about 15 riders, I was the only one. When I asked why they didn't join, the most common response was "who are they," or "their magazine sucks," or the one that I loved the best.....as this idiot was sucking down his drink and eating a 12 dollar hamburger at the local marina (hey it's New York City, everything is priced silly), "it costs too much; what for."

Now I personally do not know how effective the AWA is or was, however the minimal amount of money they charge to represent our pathetic little riding activity is minimal. Even if Chirs Mathos is a money grabbing charleton (which I doubt), that would still not change the fact that most PWC riders are a bunch of idiots. Need examples? Just take the demise of the stand-up.

Now let me start off by saying I do not ride a stand-up, and have no desire. With that said, why are they banned? I'll tell ya why.... stand up riders, like most pwc riders, are just too dumb to organize and do anything about being peed upon by those that, well just don't like them. When I first started reading about the 2-stroke ban aimed at PWC's I was amazed at most of the comments on this board. What did the average commenter have to say? "It don't bother me too much.......I'll just keep on fixin em." missing the entire point.

Anyway, half time is over and my rant is over.
    Great post! 100% accurate.
    ACMC

TABOMPR

Quote Originally Posted by PrickofMisery
    Sprinkle it with as much powdered sugar and gold leaf that you want... It is still, and always will be a PoS Turd Ski. No hard feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Davenjw View Post
    I will be calling them to request a refund. I'm not amused by their budgetary woes....
    I'd be interested in hearing how that conversation goes....and shocked, quite honestly, if you get one lousy dime back from them. Let us know what they say though please....
    Northern fleet:
    85 550 (Power by PoM)
    86 550
    Southern fleet:
    89 650
    92 550

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information