pxctoday

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

Keihin needle seat replacement

I have a keihin cdk2 carb and I want to install a 1.8 needle seat to lower my pop off a bit, I have a 1.6 right now. My question is how do you remove it? is it pressed in? I know the needle seat is brass and the housing it fits in is aluminum. The linear expansion of aluminum is higher than brass so should I just heat it up and try to push it out? Thanks
    09 Superjet
    95 750sxi
    92 750ss

Re: Keihin needle seat replacement

On the Keihins,you have to replace the n/s plate.There is a 2.0mm size available.However i've drilled the hole out and adjusted the popoff arm accordingly with no drama.
    Old skool rocks!

Re: Keihin needle seat replacement

Quote Originally Posted by ethennes View Post
    I have a keihin cdk2 carb and I want to install a 1.8 needle seat to lower my pop off a bit, I have a 1.6 right now. My question is how do you remove it? is it pressed in? I know the needle seat is brass and the housing it fits in is aluminum. The linear expansion of aluminum is higher than brass so should I just heat it up and try to push it out? Thanks
    Yes, it's pressed in. You can just replace the spring for a lighter one. Before you remove the seat take note of it's orientation and depth into the plate. Pull the plate off, set it up with the seat on the open end of a socket and tap it out gently. If you want to drill it to the desired size you will need to remove the the plate and the screen but not the seat, then drill it. Make sure there are no burrs in the area that the needle sits. The seat size is 1.6 = .065, 1.8 = .071, 2.0 =.078 or 5/64 drill. Double check these numbers before you drill the seats.
    <---Head stand on a 550.

Thread Information