Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 4935 of 4935 FirstFirst ... 39354435483548854925493349344935
Results 49,341 to 49,346 of 49346

Re: The Question Game

Does "people" include football players? Aren't they already doing enough harm just playing so what's the difference?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home SxiPro's Avatar

Yes that includes football players, but they are also getting some cashola to be seen drinking that crap even if they dont' have a 'full' endorsement deal with the Vendor.

John, as far as impulse buys, I'd say my Fx1 was my most recent one, especially if you are talking about one that cost a bit of dough. I don't regret it. It's a blast to ride and is really challenging, and that's what I enjoy most about stand ups is the challenge of improving. Should I make seafood chowder or throw a porterhouse on the grill tonight?
    Changes aren't permanent, but change is.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home wetjet87's Avatar

I would go for the Porterhouse personally.

Most embarrassing professional moment in your working career?
    If you don't like it, leave!

"That's life, what can I tell you."

When I worked on the dock at my current job I had a shipment of magazines on a pallet and as I did a u-turn to go the other way the slick nature of them made the whole pallet come apart all over the place.......They turned out to be naked girlie magazines so I got plenty of help picking them up.
    Next?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Had a regular customer in my paint store years ago, nice middle aged lady that only had one hand. Made it a point of not asking her if she needed a hand out with her purchases. She's in buying some paint one day and I'm busy as he!!, must of had 6 or 7 people waiting for me to get to them. I'm a little flustered and of course ask her if she needs a hand. I turn purple, she busts out laughing and the rest of the customer give me an ovation as I'm carrying her paint out. Still makes me cringe.

Next?
    Remember Jerry, It's not a lie if YOU believe it. - George Costanza

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Cliff's Avatar

I feel for Ya, xpkal!!! You try your best NOT to go to the obvious with her. But end up in that awful place anyways. I’m very sorry that happened.

My most embarrassing moment at work was when a co-worker felt he could bully me around in front of the crew when I was brand new to the department. He started asking me questions about my experience and why I feel I belong there working alongside him. I gave my special, condescending and smart azz “two word” responses to down play his aggressiveness. But it only made him ratchet things up even quicker. After repeated aggressive behavior towards me. I pulled him into the supervisor’s office and explained that I wasn’t going to being driving around during Graveyard hours with a person who hates my guts for some reason and I don’t even know this d!ck’s name. The supervisor warned Us to knock it off and threatened to take us out of service(sent home with no pay). So I was assigned to another crew that night and wouldn’t you know it. As soon as we walked out of that office. He started in on me again. I almost snapped and walked right up to his face where he could smell my coffee breath and told him, “If you’re gonna flex. Then flex. Otherwise, shut the fukk up.” I stayed in his face staring into his eyes to make him understand I was serious. For 99% of what I said. I was bluffing hoping to stop this nonsense. But...I was willing to make good on that 1%.

The embarrassing part of this story is that I was so embarrassed by what transpired in front of the entire 15 man crew that I started apologizing to people that witnessed it. That’s how bad I felt about the situation and I didn’t do anything to deserve it. But get hired on there because someone felt I could do the job(s) and I like to prove those people right when I’m given those opportunities. I even feel embarrassed right now as I type this because I’m actually reliving it in my mind. Oy vay...

Next?
    Last edited by Cliff; Yesterday at 09:05 PM. Reason: Needing more therapy!
    What would Chuck Norris do?

Page 4935 of 4935 FirstFirst ... 39354435483548854925493349344935

Thread Information