Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Hellwoman Moderator

PWC Responsible Use, Are you a leader?

PWC Leadership and Responsibility

When you go for your recreational rides or practice sessions are you fully equipped to the letter of the law?
    Are you carrying all your safety gear and basic needs for self rescue?

Some of the bare minimum carried on board could be any of the following:

Water Whistle on your lifejacket
    GPS/Hand Held Radio
    Tow Line
    Small tool kit
    Hand Held Flares
    First Aid Kit
    Waterproof Bags
    Hand Held Mirror
    Fog Horn
    Jet Pump intake clearing tools
    Multi tool
    Zip Ties
    Duct Tape
    Compass
    Spare batteries-handheld flashlight
    Water/refreshments
    Small thermal blanket

Go to these links to visit additional items and photos:

http://k38watersafety.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23

http://k38watersafety.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Are you one of those people who don't have anything stored on board your PWC? Would you have to rely on the kindness of another boater to assist you?

Do you even have a tow line?

Or the flip side: How many people have you come across as a PWC enthusiast to help and shake your head wondering how poorly they are prepared for their boating experience? That's what I thought....

Re: PWC Responsible Use, Are you a leader?

Good thread.. I always carry in my stand up a rope, whistle, small flashlight, wrench, two screwdrivers, two spark plugs, and a piece of a rag.. So pretty much wherever I go I can either be spotted with the use of my life jacket or get towed by a rope. I was once in the middle of New Melones Lake which is huge and I broke down in the middle of winter. I was by myself and it was getting dark. I actually swam to the shore line with my ski and then used the tow rope to pull my ski behind me while I walked the rocky shoreline for 2 housr back to my truck. Not once did I see a boat and only because I was prepared was I able to get out of this situation. So like a boy scout you always need to be prepared for anything.....
    2012 Sponsors
    Blowsion - Kommander Indusrties - Hydro-Turf
    AZHIAZIAM - Fluid Film - GoPro

Absolutely--my bestest friend is a Missouri State Waterpatrolman on Tablerock lake where I ride most of the time. My ski is saftey inspected every year and has a sticker to show for it . But--I must say when no ones around we play hard!!! LOLLOL jimyed

You shouldn't ride away from shore alone. If you must make sure you have someone who knows where you will be and stay in that area. Also have a time to check in and go back and call them. You can get Vessel Safety checks through your local Power Squadron and Coast Guard. Both can be found on the web and I am sure have a location near you. The sticker helps keep you from getting stopped and will show you have a respect for being safe on the water. All of the above items are nice to have. I have most and also carry a half roll of duct tape in my crusing skis. I have broken down a number of times on my skis over the years and I can count the number of times on 1 hand I was asked by a boater if I needed help. Do not expect that someone will stop, sadly most do not.
    Thanks for a good post on safety.
    Bump..

Thread Information