Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JC545f's Avatar

Bullett Racings Celebrity Race recap

Thanks to Nedra Atwood (PWC Racings #1fan):

Jeremy McGrath racing Jet Skis?

Spectators at Bullett's Jet Jam race Sunday were treated to a glimpse of the future. Jeremy McGrath was on the starting line in the first ever Celebrity race. When the band snapped, he found himself in the usual position on an unusual machine. Instead of a 125/250cc motorcycle, the machine he was piloting was a Kawasaki SXR jet ski. The position was his to claim on the hole shot. He established an early lead and maintained it through the entire first moto. When the helmet came off after the checkered flag flew, some fans knew he was hooked and speculated that he would prepare to race jet skis next season.

Victor Sheldon, a jet ski pro nearly since the sport's inception 22 years ago, organized the celebrities and put Region 1 in the history books. There has never been another Celebrity race anywhere. Other celebrites included: Buddy Antunez, Brad Hagseth, Donnie Wilson, Mike Yellich, Dana Wiggins and D.L. Woods.

Entering it's 3rd year, Jet Jam has earned widespread critical acclaim from sponsors, city officials, media executives and promoters alike for its expansive media campaign: winning presentation: and ever-growing value-added opportunities to enhance sponsorships: and its direct role in promoting the growth of Lake Havasu City. This 10 race weekend series takes place off the North Beach of Crazy Horse Campgrounds on the same site as the World Finals Championships.

Tim Gewecke, Race Promoter for Bullett Racing, announced that the next race will be at Crazy Horse Campground on June 26 and 27. Many thanks to Hydro-Turf, Gaslet Technology, Walts Motor and Marine, Rius Racing, Ritchie Racing, Stubricks Saloon and Steakhouse, Slippery wetsuits, Joels Tee Shirts, Miller Engineering, United Rentals, as well as Kawasaki, SeaDoo, and Yamaha for all their help and support in this endevor.

Great job Nedra! Can you get this article over to CycleNews with some additional photos of MC racing?

With your permission, I would like to copy this and get it submitted to a local publication in Northern California under the name of ISM, Intense Sport Mag. It's a free publication centering on local MX, Mtn Biking, skate boarding, etc. with some great articles. This would fit right in with the falvor of the magazine.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home #1fan's Avatar
    We will have to ask Jeremy first. He wanted to keep this pretty low key I think.

Yeah, I saw that information later under another post. That's cool, we can respect that. I'm sure it will get out eventually anyway if he keeps attending races. It would be great if he and his other MX buddys showed up and raced at Benicia this year, considering the huge amount of spectators and the whole festival atmosphere. They would probably have a blast. :P

Thread Information