Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Man of Steel PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home davidw's Avatar

Re: 07 FXHO cooling hose recall

WTF still using the crappy clamps I hate em too. One almost sank my ski.

PWCToday Regular

Just back from getting the 5 hose recall job done.

Special thanks to

a. Dave Volltrex, for his usual helpful advice on this forum

b. Stirlingsmarine, Renfrewshire, U.K., for their prompt and professional service

c. Yamaha U.K., for standing behind their product
    Last edited by dudenstumpy; 12-04-2009 at 11:03 AM.

still no recall in the states that I'm aware of......

I just got off the phone with Yamaha US. They tell me that it is not a recall here in the states but it is a " code 90". Meaning that when the ski goes to the shop for repair or maintainence, when your hull ID is input into their system it will show up as an required upgrade. Yamaha corporation is not contacting us directly. It's up to the dealers service department to notify us, so thanks for posting. I dont know when I would have learned about this upgrade. ( Although I already had 1 clamp replaced due to the cooling line coming off WHILE OFFSHORE )

PWCToday Regular

"when your hull ID is input into their system it will show up as an required upgrade"

I presume lots of you will then have a one-day ( one return drive ) turn into 5 ski-less days ( and two return drives ) while your dealer awaits delivery of the parts.

I might be wrong, but surely if enough owners contact Yamaha USA, then the parts could be there waiting at your dealers/ service centres.

Code 90 isn't much help to owners who do their own maintenance and don't need any repairs ( at least until one of the 5 hoses fails ).
    Last edited by dudenstumpy; 12-04-2009 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dudenstumpy View Post
    "when your hull ID is input into their system it will show up as an required upgrade"

I presume lots of you will then have a one-day ( one return drive ) turn into 5 ski-less days ( and two return drives ) while your dealer awaits delivery of the parts.

I might be wrong, but surely if enough owners contact Yamaha USA, then the parts could be there waiting at your dealers/ service centres.

Code 90 isn't much help to owners who do their own maintenance and don't need any repairs ( at least until one of the 5 hoses fails ).
    Exactly. It's BS Why would yamaha just wait for us to go to a dealer and hope that they do a "hull ID search " . If this was never posted, I would never know about it as I rarely go to the dealer for service or repair. Yamaha US needs to follow Yamaha UK and contact owners. I hope other US owners pay attn to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by davidw View Post
    Exactly. It's BS Why would yamaha just wait for us to go to a dealer and hope that they do a "hull ID search " . If this was never posted, I would never know about it as I rarely go to the dealer for service or repair. Yamaha US needs to follow Yamaha UK and contact owners. I hope other US owners pay attn to this thread.
    Yamaha UK are obviously treating it more seriously then in the US.........it was posted as a red bulletin on their internal system, which basically means it is a must do job.

Dave

2007 FXHO 160 Cruiser, Sold
    2012 FXHO Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by volltrex View Post
    Yamaha UK are obviously treating it more seriously then in the US.........it was posted as a red bulletin on their internal system, which basically means it is a must do job.
    I dont get it. I was on the phone with Yami US today and nothingthey said made any sense. "The consumer will find out about it when their ski goes into the dealer for repair" !!!!!! " WTF ! How about sending a recall letter to owners instead of waiting for us to sink. Waht would happen if this happened while offshore? Are we supposed to swim back and let the ski sink. I'll be back on the phone with Yami US Monday a.m. dumbazz''z.
    I already spent $$$ out of pocket to have mine repaired because this happened to me before I heard of any recall.

Smile Re: 07 FXHO cooling hose recall

It's just like a few years ago my 2000 XLT 1200 had throttle shaft problems. Sticking open--very dangerous!! Also it had major problems with the catalytic converters. Yamaha was well aware of these design flaws!! But refused to stand behind their product.I didn't purchase another Yamaha because the company treated me well at all. I purchased the Yamaha because I truely love to ride and it's still the best bang for the buck with the least amount of problems. I tried a Kawa for a very short time. Always in the shop. Of course those were carbureted 2 strokes. Another reason I went with the 5 year Yamaha warranty. David good luck with Yamaha--My dealer and I tried for months to get them to help me out. No luck. After hearing about Davids mishap I put a couple of extra clamps and zip ties in my ski. But where I ride I'm always close enough to at least get to the shore. My dealer is 115 miles one way. And I too do all my own service now. I might call them next spring and see whats up. This guy is prince!! And I'm sure he'll help me out if he can. David--keep us posted!! AND Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to all !!! Jim :O)
    Last edited by jimyed; 12-04-2009 at 08:17 PM. Reason: spelling

Hey Jim, you too. I am going to try to make them understand that the result in this hose coming off could be a really big problem for someone.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information