Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I dream skis

Weber engine information

There are some questions concerning the different Weber engine packages. There are many differences between the S4, Polaris Watercraft, Polaris snowmobile, Redline ATV, Williams & Zodiac Marine engines.

They all share the same basic crankcase; bore & stroke, but there are many small changes that make interchangeability difficult, if not impossible. The S4 Hydrospace is the only engine Weber produced with an “open loop” cooling system; all the others are a “closed loop” design (Radiator). The oil tanks are in different locations, The Polaris kits use a Bosch ECU, the exhaust valves & compression ratio is different for the NA (non turbo) engines. Almost every configuration has its own motormount system. The bottom line is that if you aren’t Klipper, Mark Queen, Steve Crane or share similar mechanical talents, then purchase an engine directly engineered for your application.

A Weber engine isn’t easy to rebuild, and requires a few special tools, but isn’t any more complex than a Kawasaki or Yamaha runabout 4-stroke engine.

If you were at the World Finals or the Nationals this year, you probably noticed that the Hydrospace is winning more than ever and the mechanical breakdowns are minimal. I attribute this to the fact that most owners have figured out the maintenance required and the tuners have spent the last few years adjusting to the 4-stroke world. (similar to what happened when the first 4-stroke motocross bikes arrived). I personally wish we all had two-strokes as they produce more power, are simpler & cost less to maintain, but we need to face the facts... Four strokes are here to stay!

I don’t have time to post much, but if you have a question, you can always contact me directly at wcc@watcon.com

Sincerely,
    Randy @ Watcon
    Please visit www.weberpower.com

Re: Weber engine information

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    There are some questions concerning the different Weber engine packages. There are many differences between the S4, Polaris Watercraft, Polaris snowmobile, Redline ATV, Williams & Zodiac Marine engines.

They all share the same basic crankcase; bore & stroke, but there are many small changes that make interchangeability difficult, if not impossible. The S4 Hydrospace is the only engine Weber produced with an “open loop” cooling system; all the others are a “closed loop” design (Radiator). The oil tanks are in different locations, The Polaris kits use a Bosch ECU, the exhaust valves & compression ratio is different for the NA (non turbo) engines. Almost every configuration has its own motormount system. The bottom line is that if you aren’t Klipper, Mark Queen, Steve Crane or share similar mechanical talents, then purchase an engine directly engineered for your application.

A Weber engine isn’t easy to rebuild, and requires a few special tools, but isn’t any more complex than a Kawasaki or Yamaha runabout 4-stroke engine.

If you were at the World Finals or the Nationals this year, you probably noticed that the Hydrospace is winning more than ever and the mechanical breakdowns are minimal. I attribute this to the fact that most owners have figured out the maintenance required and the tuners have spent the last few years adjusting to the 4-stroke world. (similar to what happened when the first 4-stroke motocross bikes arrived). I personally wish we all had two-strokes as they produce more power, are simpler & cost less to maintain, but we need to face the facts... Four strokes are here to stay!

I don’t have time to post much, but if you have a question, you can always contact me directly at wcc@watcon.com

Sincerely,
    Randy @ Watcon
    This is one of the best explanations I have seen on this issue and to add to some confusion I have seen adds on craigslist and ebay stating these parts and motors are for a Hydrospace S4 and they are not.....thank you Randy....Dad

I dream skis

Weber engine information

This is a long read, but it will help you understand about Weber.They are a very large company, and the MPE series is a minor part of the big picture. Ford, Porsche, Audi, Chevrolet, VW, and other auto manufacturers purchase blocks, crankshafts & cylinder heads from Weber. The MPE is similar to buying a lawnmower from Honda in regards to the overall company outline. They are concerned with manufacturing automotive components, so race support isn't in their overall objective. (just like most major manufacturers).

They are willing to assist and usually answer my technical questions promptly as they are interested in supporting their customers with technical assistance, but don't expect to see any "factory teams"...

Weber has some new products coming soon, but they will not be as compact and won't have the same HP / weight ratio of the MPE-750 engine. There is a new 850 cc engine coming soon that will be more suited to ATV & Marine applications, it will be a little less performance orientated, and wont offer the same performance as the 750 engine.

Thanks,
    Randy

I dream skis

Re: More info

Weber Press release
    I will be handling many of the Weber questions like parts / service details for the Weber corp.

The Hydrospace is a very small portion of their market, and they offer complete motor packages from approx 50Hp to the 140 Hp "pump gas" packages for Watercraft, ATV, Boats, Off-road buggy’s & ATV, etc. The list is getting longer each day as more manufactures are purchasing their motor & drivetrain packages. If you have a question about any Weber product, please contact me and I will be happy to assist you.

If you are an existing Watercraft, Marine or ATV dealer, are interested in the Weber product line and are curious about becoming a Weber Sales and Service dealer please contact me. If you need or want to become a service dealer for all the Weber Product lines and recreational customers, I can assist you with all questions you may have and establish the contacts with Weber to become a Certified and OEM trained Weber Dealer.

We just returned from the 2009 IJSBA World Finals, where Weber equipped Hydrospace skis won multiple World titles. We spent all week assisting racers & tuners with the information necessary to improve their performance, and correct some of the misinformation that was causing some confusion about sensors, diagnostics, and troubleshooting. It’s always great to help people solve their problems, answer their questions, and improve their performance. As many of you know, I have been a “support center” for Polaris industries for over 10 years and I have accepted this position with Weber also. I am extremely impressed with the quality and durability of the Weber motor.

Sincerely,
    Randy at Watcon
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RJ; 11-08-2009 at 11:00 AM.

I dream skis

More stuff

Long presentation, but interesting.
    Attached Files Attached Files

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home millertime's Avatar

Knowing Randy is out there to help makes the 4 stoke change much less scarey. now the only thing stopping me is money. All of you HS owners should feel lucky Randy is here to help.

I dream skis

Weber Serial number location

If you aren't sure what Weber engine you have, I have attached some photos that will explain what series is your serial number. There might be an adhesive tag on the manifold or elsewhere, but the block is the only reliable spot..

Thanks,
    Randy
    Attached Images Attached Images

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home sxr951's Avatar

Re: More stuff

Wonder if windows 7 will have pp installed.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Long presentation, but interesting.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home sxr951's Avatar

<~~The new Technology. Moments before flying!~~~ By seasaki, shot with Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi at 2009-11-01
    Last edited by sxr951; 11-10-2009 at 11:09 AM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home momarski's Avatar

its part of office
    the Tesla S is the only real solution to all the worlds major problems

"You have enemies$ ? GOOD, mean$ you $tood up for $omething in your life."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information