Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Thread: SXR vs. SXI

whiteac

SXR vs. SXI

I am looking into an 800 SXR and have a few questions about them-

I currently ride a 95 SXI w/ Factory Pipe Limited, ECWI, plate, grate, 14/17 prop and aftermarket handlepole/bars.

Would an SXR be faster than my current ski?

How does the SXR perform in rough water and calm water compared to my SXI?

Is the new SXR hull more stable and better than SXI hull at top speed?

I came off a 98 sxi pro and the sxr just kills the old hull. It will not be as fast as your current ski stock but if you put the dry pipe on it will be faster. The sxr is great in rough water, does not porpise at all and stays hooked up. Carves almost as nice in pure flat. Sxr is the boat to have.
    Couple SXR's , 550's & STXR & 15F

AKA: WadKiller PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Mod Killer's Avatar
    sxr v sxi

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

i dont care how much money is dumped into a sxi, i would still take the stock sxr anyday.

this is a no brainer. whiteac, you will be happy on a sxr and heres why:
    -its got great low end
    -handles the rough better than any ski ever!
    -will not porpose
    -extremely stable at all speeds

only knock is that it is a pure race ski, and a kawi, which means it is heavy and not as easy to lean over in the turns as your sxi. weight and stability are great for racing, not really so fun for rec riding. never the less you wont be sorry for getting an sxr, only sorry you didnt get one sooner.
    Mod Killer aka: RiffyPoo, R2D2, mini B, Gus, Col. Klink, Less-mar, IF, Riffenkroger, Real (SXi) Pro, a immature snot nosed punk, & on some rare occasions...riff

whiteac
    So the SXR does not porpose very much? That sounds great! Much of my time is spent riding in rough water or on glass when I wake up early enough, but not much in between. It sounds like the new hull and more stability would be good for this kind of riding.

By the way, how much did you guys pay for you SXR's and when does Kawasaki put out the new model year boats?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JC545f's Avatar
    The SXR doesn't really porpuse at all. A stock SXR will not be as fast as a SXI (with the mods you list) but it will be very quick.

as far as racing goes the SXR is a great out of box package. For rec riding, it depends on what type of riding you do. If you do a lot of tricks then the SXR is not the best ski, I would lean towards a SXI Pro or a super jet. If you do freestyle, then avoid the SXR.

But for hauling butt around the lake, you can't go wrong with a sxr.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home mile9c1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ski

On a good water day the SX-R isn't any faster top speed than an SXi. And that pipe should give you an easy 3-4mph on the SX-R (on a good day).

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JC545f's Avatar
    3-4 mph, but with goobs of power everywhere else. Also remember to run a different prop with a dry pipe to get the most out of the power.

Thread Information