Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    PWCToday Newbie

Re: Yamaha VX110 Overheat Warning Indicator

I’ve backflush and it seemed to help. I mixed vinegar and laundry liquid detergent in a gallon pump/spray bottle, took the nozzle off and slip in a tube size of the refrigerator water hookup, squirted into pisser hole until it drip out if the pump. Then I let it sat for 1-2hrs, hook up the hose to the pisser hoke, also made my own connector from a garden hose with the refrigerator tube glued together.

I flushed it for a good 15-20min with engine on. This is done only after running either in salt or muddy river water.

Frequent Poster

Is there a way to verify skirt blockage without pulling the head? Borescope or something?

Frequent Poster

Here's some videos I found on TY that helped me, and might help others, understand the system a bit better. I'm not condoning or disparaging the clearing method used in the second one but it's helpful to visualize the system regardless of your opinion on the method:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDUCAVkVd2A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT1YYsXvqDw
    Last edited by HEPHÆSTUS; 05-22-2020 at 07:47 PM.

Frequent Poster

Well, I pulled my anode and stuck a bore scope in there. I could clearly see all the way to the bottom of the head with no blockage / concrete. I also stuck a piece of plastic wire in the water inlet pipe all the way to the piston skirts and was able to see it, and past it to the head, no concrete. So a $70 HF bore scope saved me hours of labor and probably hundreds in parts. Highly recommend this procedure if you want to eliminate a possibility without pulling the head.

Of course, it took 3 defective HF bore scopes to get to one that worked. So bring 4 AA batteries with you and test it out before you leave the store. LOL

While I have the system apart I was thinking of forcing some water through each individual circuit to rinse things out. Does anyone see any reason not to do this?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information