• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Outkast750
    PWCToday Guru
    • Jun 2004

What pipes work on the 750sxi?

I have considered a new pipe for my 95 750sxi and havent really found much info. What do you guys suggest? Any experience with different pipes?

I just picked up the 750 and have grown used to the growl of my ole 550 and the explosive power, the 750 is just too quiet and doesnt seem as punchy. They are both about the same exact top speed. The 750 is bone stock and the 550 is fully modified.
  • kpm308
    PWCToday Newbie
    • May 2002

I run the factory dry pipe on mine and am really happy with it.

Comment

• Outkast750
      PWCToday Guru
      • Jun 2004

thats the one I was looking most at, still tryin to sell myself on the pricetag.......

Comment

• ski4
        PWCToday Guru
        • May 2003

the dry pipe is nice but you will have to play with your tuning a bit more, the older factory pipe is great, i run with a coffman's pipe and it has been good to me , there are a bunch to choose from, just find the best deal, although with one of the factory pipes you will get more help with parts and tech support from the company as coffman's no longer makes pipes for the 750, i am not able to get gaskets from them anymore
        "The only thing I ever saw that came close to Objective Journalism was a closed-circuit TV setup that watched shoplifters in the General Store at Woody Creek, Colorado." hst

Comment

• Outkast750
          PWCToday Guru
          • Jun 2004

so the older factory pipes will also work? Like for the Sx? Mine is the 95sxi by the way if it matters.

Comment

• ski4
            PWCToday Guru
            • May 2003

yep, most guys seem to think it gives better bottom end for freestyle uses
            "The only thing I ever saw that came close to Objective Journalism was a closed-circuit TV setup that watched shoplifters in the General Store at Woody Creek, Colorado." hst

Comment

• mile9c1
              PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
              • Oct 2002

ski

Yes, the SX/SXi limited pipe should give better low/mid range than the dry pipe (that seems to be a characteristic of the center bleed chamber). And you don't have to run ECWI and the couplers last longer.

Comment

• Outkast750
                PWCToday Guru
                • Jun 2004

Excellent info guys. What about the Coffman for the SX...will it also fit the SXI? I know they have to be very close, I guess the only issue would be clearances in the hull if they changed anything from 94' to 95'.

Comment

• john zigler
                  • Mar 2003

pipe for 750sxi

i have a coffmans "huricane" for the kaw 750, it was org for the sx. it will physically bolt on, but the port timing is a little taller on the sxi. it may not make as much hp as the factory pipe. it is also a limited pipe, it is new, complete with all fittings and instructions. looks cool, it is mostly polished alum. will sell 300.00. + s&h. let me know, i can get you some pics. zig
                  RCJS also doing business as WATCON
                  608-743-1305 9am to 5pm CST m-f
                  email [email protected]

Please visit our web site

new parts / products / services www.watcon.com
                  thank you

Please check out and like WATCON on Facebook

Comment

• Outkast750
                    PWCToday Guru
                    • Jun 2004

Thanks for the post Zig, I woud like to take a look at it if you get a chance. The port timing makes sense, and know that I know thats the difference(the main one I see), I know the SX pipes should work pretty well. In theory I guess it should just run like a ported SX.

Comment

• john zigler
                      • Mar 2003

750 pipe

here is a pic. again this is new, complete with all fittings, and instructions. zig
                      RCJS also doing business as WATCON
                      608-743-1305 9am to 5pm CST m-f
                      email [email protected]

Please visit our web site

new parts / products / services www.watcon.com
                      thank you

Please check out and like WATCON on Facebook

Comment

• ski4
                        PWCToday Guru
                        • May 2003

the only coffman's pipe you can not switch between the sx and the sxi is the rocket pipe, it has a one piece chamber and head pipe, pam at coffman's says you will open a can of worms if you do this. i am using the signiture pipe with no trouble

Comment

Working...
                        X