Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oil in hull.???

PWCToday Newbie

Oil in hull.???

Somewhat new to jet ski maintenance and need some advice. I bought this ski last year .... 1995 Kawasaki 750 XI. When I bought it the hull was very clean. I rode it 2 times and noticed a little oil in the hull. I looked at it a bit and noticed one of the oil lines was cracking and leaking. I took it to the shop and asked them to convert it to premix. I guess all they did was unhook the the oil pump lines and plug the carb in lets because the oil pump is still on the crank ( no block off plate). Now the problem.... I'm slowly getting more oil in the hull. Not running oil or even enough puddle but it's just a little very spread out. A friend told me that the "plug" on the bottom of the motor may be letting the oil out and the oil isn't getting into the motor as it's burning from the compbustion. The "plug" he is referring to is the one that is connected to the little punger thing on top of the motor that you can pull to release pressure from the bottom. I really don't know what it is. Does this sound right. How do you know if it is performing properly, do I need to release this valve every once in a while? Is this problably the problem?
    Thanks for the help.
    BOYD

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home nightrider05's Avatar

Re: Oil in hull.???

Boyd, I am not a kawasaki guru...but I have read enough to know that those drains are a common nuisance on those motors. You can buy(maybe even make) a block off kit for that which disables that feature. A problem is, if that is sticking open you could in theory be getting too much air which will cause you to run lean.

From my understanding its basically just a way to drain your lower crank case in the event you get water in the motor. Or at least thats what would make sense to me...

PWCToday Regular

I have the same ski with the same problem...not such a big deal but the draining method does suck...i guess ur happy u switched to premix before that cracked oil line really did it's $$$damage$$$

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home PrickofMisery's Avatar

It is documented on this board ( I think by WB1994) on how to turn the existing CC drain set up into a block off. Also I have the flywheel cover block offs if you are interested.
    America, where everyone gets a second chance... Including PayPal.

PWCToday Guru

open your flywheel cover and look if those guys actually grinded the front bit of oil pump..... and check if oil intakes in carbs were blocked..........dont trust anyone

PWCToday Newbie

Thanks for the help. I will look into those things.

One other thing. The power trim doesn't work. What's the first couple things to look for on that?

PWCToday Guru

open the box..........bet it is full of rust get it off....i mean the trim box.........U probably have to short circuit two wires to make it work.......and loose your dash
    Last edited by glukasil; 10-08-2009 at 05:48 PM.

PWCToday Regular

make sure the trim wire is connected to the negative side of the battery

PWCToday Newbie

Thanks guys. I'll check it this weekend when I go to the lake.
    I think I'll take some pics. Thanks again.

block off plate.forst in the list, neew gasket for the magneto cover, second on list, remove the oil tank if still in there, trim box.????? i don't think but take a look. just to make this story short i had a similar problem and i found that i had a 1/4 gallon 2stroke oil container half open under the front storage box..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information