User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Siphoning gas from an Aquatrax?

Ok, so I have an 04 Honda Aquatrax and need to siphon the gas from the tank. I have tried two different size hoses (plenty small enough) and can't seem to get them pushed down the hose running from the to the opening where the cap screws on to the tank to siphon. Anyone else have this problem before or can anyone provide some input?

TIA!
    ~LET'S GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!!!~

2004 Honda Aquatrax R-12X
    2002 Honda CBR 954 RR

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home nightrider05's Avatar

Re: Siphoning gas from an Aquatrax?

A bit of an easier way to do this, is to pull the reserve line off of the fuel sender and simply hook into that line. Granted it is a very small tube and will take you a while to siphon all of the fuel..but that will allow you a direct hook in.

yeah..I attempted it before I posted, the line is pretty snug on the adapter it's on and was hoping there was an easier way....I may have to do this though. Thanks.
    ~LET'S GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!!!~

2004 Honda Aquatrax R-12X
    2002 Honda CBR 954 RR

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider05 View Post
    A bit of an easier way to do this, is to pull the reserve line off of the fuel sender and simply hook into that line. Granted it is a very small tube and will take you a while to siphon all of the fuel..but that will allow you a direct hook in.
    Hate to dig up such an old thread, but it is the only one I could find concerning this. I am having the same problem of not being able to siphon through the fuel filler opening. I guess I should try the fuel sender line like you stated, but want to make sure I am pulling the correct line off. Is there anyone that has a picture or diagram of this?
    Last edited by nathandarby67; 06-06-2010 at 12:11 PM.

Frequent Poster

You could do a gallon at a time with the fluid evacuator you use to change the oil...

PWCToday Newbie

I too hate to post to such an old thread but I also have been completely unsuccessful in siphoning gas from my AquaTrax R12-x through the fuel filler opening no matter how small a hose I use. I realize siphoning from the the fuel sender line might work for some folks, but I want an emergency solution where I can siphon gas while on the water from the fuel filler opening should I ever need to from one ski to another. Has anyone ever succeeded in siphoning from there, and if so, what size tube did you use?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home nightrider05's Avatar

I never looked into the reason why I couldn't get a tube in, but I would assume there is something in there blocking the way...rather it be a flap, or a screen I dont know. Or, it could just be the bends in the tube.

Remove front compartment, reach in and mess with the 90 degree bend that goes into the tank, I just got a 1/2 inch ID inch vinyl tube into mine, I put an extremely light coating of grease on mine too, you can't even see the grease it's so thin.

old thread I know, but the info is relevant.

Thread Information