Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PWCToday Newbie

Honda 2009 Aquatrax f 15x

Does anyone own the new f15x Aquatrax? Can I get a little feedback on the offshore handling, Pros and Cons?
    There appears to be little if no reviews on this ski and it has been out nearly 6 months.
    It is one of the most expensive skis on the market and the only place I have seen them is in the showroom.

Thanks

Re: Honda 2009 Aquatrax f 15x

offshore is many years away from others brands
    let me tell you how good is these ski on a single tank my autonomy is 120 miles
    super reliable on a open ocean i tested on many conditions here in hawaii
    and the other day in huracan guillermo over hawaii on the center of the storm i rode 2 f15 one turbo and the other non
    helmet on and 60 to 70 mph winds 30 to 40 feet seas run oner 30 miles on almost 2 hrs but the ski rode great
    i have 3 of them and my only complain is the price but is work every peny
    billcosca@aol.com

ijsba#19225 apba#71885

I dream skis

I agree with Bill completely. Honda got into the game very late so everyone automatically thinks there are only 2 brands that are contenders. Sea Doo and Yamaha. Honda started off slow with the F12's but they are blowing away both Yamaha and Sea Doo big time with the intruduction of the F15X. The funny thing is that most people have no clue. I picked up my Yamaha FX HO Cruiser a few months back and I had a dual trailer, my F15X was sitting on it waiting for them to drop the FX on it. Well the dealer who was the nicest guy but TYPICAL Yamaha Sea Doo dealer started telling me how superior my new Yamaha is to my Honda and how surprised you will be in the differences in quality, design, handling, etc. etc.
    He pulls the seat off the Yamaha and proudly shows me engine's "quality construction" and the brilliant location of the oil filter in term of easy access. The filter is located halfway down the engine block and "accessible".
    I had enough so I bring him over to the Honda and tell him to pull the seat and check out the Honda. First thing he "complained" about was the fact that the seat was double the weight. It is because it was designed and built to last unlike my Yamaha seat. I then pointed out the engine which is truly a piece of art and then showed him that Honda places the oil filter on TOP of the engine. Poor guy felt like a moron so I left it at that.
    So I now own a Yamaha and a Honda F15X. What is my opinion between the two? The Honda BLOWS AWAY Yamaha in every single aspect except for the lack of the following: No Cruise Control, No Cruiser Seat, No Adjustable Handlebars. Frankly the build quality of the Yamaha is Extremely Poor compared to Honda. In fact after the way everyone raves over Yamaha I had to laugh since they truly are built Low Budget.
    As for handling the Yamaha rides like a barge loaded with crude oil and the Honda feels like your sitting on top of a razor blade but under full control and stability. As Bill said the ski blows away the Yamaha in moderate and heavy chop. Fuel Consumption: The "Great Yamaha Fuel Consumption" is a joke. My 197 HP Turbo Honda that weighs MUCH more sucks LESS gas than the Normally Aspirated Yamaha engine. IMO there basically is no comparison unless your pushing 50 like me and want comfort over Quality, Handling, and Performance. I ride the low budget Yamaha for comfort.

wow thats a good write up,since you own both thats a valuable insight. Bill's is cool too , with the storm surge experience.
    jdavid.sharp@yahoo.com
    02 honda F12x big IC, 17.5psi boost, 04 pump, 130hrs, fun!
    06 rxp quick and fun, rude1 charger
    95 B1 blaster, red pipe, not enough hrs in the day...

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ExCon View Post
    I agree with Bill completely. Honda got into the game very late so everyone automatically thinks there are only 2 brands that are contenders. Sea Doo and Yamaha. Honda started off slow with the F12's but they are blowing away both Yamaha and Sea Doo big time with the intruduction of the F15X. The funny thing is that most people have no clue. I picked up my Yamaha FX HO Cruiser a few months back and I had a dual trailer, my F15X was sitting on it waiting for them to drop the FX on it. Well the dealer who was the nicest guy but TYPICAL Yamaha Sea Doo dealer started telling me how superior my new Yamaha is to my Honda and how surprised you will be in the differences in quality, design, handling, etc. etc.
    He pulls the seat off the Yamaha and proudly shows me engine's "quality construction" and the brilliant location of the oil filter in term of easy access. The filter is located halfway down the engine block and "accessible".
    I had enough so I bring him over to the Honda and tell him to pull the seat and check out the Honda. First thing he "complained" about was the fact that the seat was double the weight. It is because it was designed and built to last unlike my Yamaha seat. I then pointed out the engine which is truly a piece of art and then showed him that Honda places the oil filter on TOP of the engine. Poor guy felt like a moron so I left it at that.
    So I now own a Yamaha and a Honda F15X. What is my opinion between the two? The Honda BLOWS AWAY Yamaha in every single aspect except for the lack of the following: No Cruise Control, No Cruiser Seat, No Adjustable Handlebars. Frankly the build quality of the Yamaha is Extremely Poor compared to Honda. In fact after the way everyone raves over Yamaha I had to laugh since they truly are built Low Budget.
    As for handling the Yamaha rides like a barge loaded with crude oil and the Honda feels like your sitting on top of a razor blade but under full control and stability. As Bill said the ski blows away the Yamaha in moderate and heavy chop. Fuel Consumption: The "Great Yamaha Fuel Consumption" is a joke. My 197 HP Turbo Honda that weighs MUCH more sucks LESS gas than the Normally Aspirated Yamaha engine. IMO there basically is no comparison unless your pushing 50 like me and want comfort over Quality, Handling, and Performance. I ride the low budget Yamaha for comfort.
    Great Review and feedback my friend...
    I appreciate your comprehensive analysis. I do wish they did something with the handlebars... Honda, if you are reading this as you should be keeping an eye on this web site, wake up and address this please, for a high priced higher end ski, this is an important feature and should be easily remedied.

Hey and thank you also Bill for the feedback. By the way Bill, wish you Posted some Pictures, 30 to 40 foot seas, sounds like TV's "Deadliest Catch".

Any issues with Porpoising as mentioned by either one of you? I know I read that in a different review and my friend with the f 12 mentioned it.

Thanks
    Last edited by hawkeye23; 09-02-2009 at 01:16 AM.

sorry was huracan felicia not guillermo
    i have a camara mounted in my friend helmet but on the first few waves move and point only the front of the ski
    the other camara was on my front storage but if i slow downd to opened was to risky
    i catch the storm in few directions first the eye the storm at my 2 oclock these was the easy part the waves on front and wind coming from 10 oclock after 10 miles i turn to my left and now the waves are on my 4 oclock and the wind on my 2 oclock these was real hard since the rain increase and the visivitity drop the ski open i litle but the worst part was the waves at 6 oclock you have to kept the speed over 25 or the waves from behind will make the ski pitch pole (dive to the front and flip to the front )but if you dont get off the trodle will came back up but if you let of you done
    on the handle barr position is true dont have the tild but after many hrs still good not like the yamaha they have play after few hrs
    i node one of my to a regular handle bars so i can move front to back depending on the conditions
    no porposing the only strange thing is if i crose a small chop from the ski in front of my i lose same power and set me back
    but i notise only these at full trodle and not in any other ocations
    billcosca@aol.com

ijsba#19225 apba#71885

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by BILL COSCA View Post
    sorry was huracan felicia not guillermo
    i have a camara mounted in my friend helmet but on the first few waves move and point only the front of the ski
    the other camara was on my front storage but if i slow downd to opened was to risky
    i catch the storm in few directions first the eye the storm at my 2 oclock these was the easy part the waves on front and wind coming from 10 oclock after 10 miles i turn to my left and now the waves are on my 4 oclock and the wind on my 2 oclock these was real hard since the rain increase and the visivitity drop the ski open i litle but the worst part was the waves at 6 oclock you have to kept the speed over 25 or the waves from behind will make the ski pitch pole (dive to the front and flip to the front )but if you dont get off the trodle will came back up but if you let of you done
    on the handle barr position is true dont have the tild but after many hrs still good not like the yamaha they have play after few hrs
    i node one of my to a regular handle bars so i can move front to back depending on the conditions
    no porposing the only strange thing is if i crose a small chop from the ski in front of my i lose same power and set me back
    but i notise only these at full trodle and not in any other ocations
    Bill, are you saying in small chop the ski doesn't handle well? It pushes you back and is not smooth. I would have thought the ski handles the small chop the best being the way the front of the ski is configured.

Well at least you don't get the porposing effect, up and down motion as I heard about.

What is the top speed you have had it up to?

Thanks

crossing a boat wake.. not necessarily small chop. Big difference.
    jdavid.sharp@yahoo.com
    02 honda F12x big IC, 17.5psi boost, 04 pump, 130hrs, fun!
    06 rxp quick and fun, rude1 charger
    95 B1 blaster, red pipe, not enough hrs in the day...

yes crosing small ski wake 1 to 2 inches at top speed look like the ski touch the rev limiter
    i solve these to kep the trodle to 3/4 wen i pass and is not a problem and not lose of speed
    but i know these can be solve re ajusting the wasgate
    billcosca@aol.com

ijsba#19225 apba#71885

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home The J-ROD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExCon View Post
    Im sorry dude, but honda has been the slowest musclecraft manufactuer since they brought in turbos going 60. Yah they are good on gas, but blow away is not something I would say goes down when an F15X races an FZR or an RXP/T-X

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information