• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • photo4286
    PWCToday Regular
    • Aug 2009

96 Seadoo XP 800 Problems

I just picked up two 1996 XP 800's and they run fine but there are a few problems.

1. The VTS doesn't work, from what I read on here that seems common. I replaced the 7.5 fuse in the electrical box next to the battery (they were blown on both skis), but still it doesn't work. If I press the button, nothing happens. Any Ideas?

2. None of the gauges work on either ski, Is that just a fuse? or something else?

Thanks ahead of time for any help.
    Sorry if ask alot of questions, I am trying to learn

1999 Seadoo Speedster SK (stock) - In running, but not Great shape
    1996 Seadoo XP 800 (stock)
    1996 Seadoo XP 800 (stock)

FOR SALE AS A PACKAGE (PM ME):
    1990 X2 (needs engine)
    1987 X2 - Complete / Stock / Not Running
    1986 X2 - Complete / Stock / Not Running
    1987 X2 - Keihin 40 mm Carb, Mariner Pipe, Ocean Pro Flame Arrestor, Primer, Stainless Prop, JetLyne Ride Plate, etc.
  • lametec
    I dream skis
    • Jun 2007

Re: 96 Seadoo XP 800 Problems

Do the skis start and run at all? If yes, read on:

1. Your VTS module is broken. Like you said, common. Replace with a good one.

2. No fuse for just the gauges. I'd look for something disconnected under the hood and under the storage box.
    '97 SPX
    '94 XP

Comment

• Acecool
      • Jul 2009

If you dont want to spend money on a module, you can wire the motor up directly to the switches, if the motor works... It is only a car window motor! 1 wire goes up, 1 wire goes down when power applied, and 1 wire is ground or the casing is the ground

EDIT: Check the PURPLE wire for power - it supplies all the gauges with power when the lanyard is hooked up, or when the button is pressed - likely you arent getting power to that one, or the gauges are bad!
      Last edited by Acecool; 08-21-2009, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• getwet76
        PWCToday Guru
        • Feb 2009

also you can by-pass the module with a dei 451m relay. if you search on here you will find a theard all abought it. i have a coulpe of the relays pm me if you are interested in them.

Comment

Working...
        X