Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sassy Boy! PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Looter's Avatar

Re: Makes a guy wonder !

Quote Originally Posted by mcurcio1989 View Post
    We have to pay for everybodies health care.
    We already do that now... out of the 16 or so people transported to the hospital each day from my fire station response area, maybe two of them are emergencies. The rest are people using 911 as their primary healthcare... and we all pay for that.
    Dave "Looter" Hardenburger
    Firefightermedic.com - Finally, an easy answer!

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Super Pro's Avatar

Lets face it Obama and the democRATS are a disgrace to this country , they are screwing everything up ! and doing it faster than any other adminastration has done it in the history of this country they are pure poison !!!

The payback is coming they the RATS will be voted out by the independents, the republican are all against them , and now most of the independent voters are also against them !

This is a big lesson for this country ! do not put a AMUTURE COMUNITY AGITATOR / MARXIST IN POWER !
    Last edited by Super Pro; 08-02-2009 at 04:09 AM.
    1987 pro x2 western united states champion overall, 1991 california pro freestyle champion, 2006 region 3 sport class champion using an x2!! against the blaster an hx , Dan "Holditonhanson" the first and last of the old school pro x2 mohicans !!

x2 mod 800 Stroker race !
    X2 Mod freestyle !
    Lamey 1200pluscc Mod Raider old school
    SXR stock spec race ski
    SXR 951 GP RACE SKI
    SXR 951 race ski testing video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJTeN...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kalisch View Post
    IF SO MANY people are buying new cars, the economy can't be THAT BAD right?

This is just another form of Govt getting involved and coercing people into buying cars they can't afford. It was the same damn thing with houses.
    Just curious, can you please explain how you were "coerced" into puchasing a car you can't afford. So far I have not heard a knock on my door from two official looking government types demanding me to purchase a car. Please explain, I want to be prepared.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Scott Kalisch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonriverrider View Post
    Just curious, can you please explain how you were "coerced" into puchasing a car you can't afford. So far I have not heard a knock on my door from two official looking government types demanding me to purchase a car. Please explain, I want to be prepared.
    No one is demanding anything, but all I see on TV is how this program is so great and everyone needs to buy a new car.

IMO more of the financial struggles in this country need to acknowledged that the buyer is just as much at fault as the banks, lenders etc.

No one forced anyone to buy homes, cars, use credit cards etc.

Banks and lenders are an easy target, but caveat emptor has to come into play at some point, right?

PWCToday Guru

as defined by Websters dictionary coerce: to compel to an act or choice. by offering 3500-4500 it compels people to trade there car in so to say they are coerced is appropriate.

on a side note i agree. the government is failing to run every thing they touch and they want to run health care? medicare is fine? Social security is fine? Amtrak ? how about the post office? will be able to add GM and health care to the failure list soon to.

i love how people would lead you to believe that the majority of this country doesn't have health care. in reality over only 46 million (number is fron NCHC) people in this country dont have health care out of over 300 million people (cia says in 2008 around 303+). that means only 16-18 percent of the poplulation doesn't have health insurance. out of the 46 million how many people are illegal alliens or dont want coverage? so we should wreck 80-85% of americans coverage and raise taxes across the board to pay for a few people? I mean its not like if you dont have health care a hospital turns you aways and what about all the free clinics?
    Last edited by stingray152003; 08-03-2009 at 08:02 AM.

You left out the part where the dictionary implies that if you are coerced into doing something, you are doing it against your will; same with the word "compel." You're being deceptive and disingenous. Dont' beleive me? Here I'll copy and past it for you; from Websters:

Main Entry:co·erce
    Pronunciation:\kō-ˈərs\
    Function:transitive verb
    Inflected Form(s):co·erced; co·erc·ing
    Etymology:Middle English cohercen, from Anglo-French *cohercer Latin coercēre, from co- + arcēre to shut up, enclose — more at ark
    Date:15th century
    1 : to restrain or dominate by force <religion in the past has tried to coerce the irreligious — W. R. Inge>
    2 : to compel to an act or choice <was coerced into agreeing>
    3 : to achieve by force or threat <coerce compliance>
    synonyms see force

Main Entry:com·pel
    Pronunciation:\kəm-ˈpel\
    Inflected Form(s):com·pelled; com·pel·ling
    Etymology:Middle English compellen, from Anglo-French compeller, from Latin compellere, from com- + pellere to drive — more at felt
    Date:14th century
    1: to drive or urge forcefully or irresistibly <hunger compelled him to eat>
    2: to cause to do or occur by overwhelming pressure <public opinion compelled her to sign the bill>
    3archaic : to drive together

Webster also suggests that the synonym for Coerce is Force.

So once again I ask you: please explain to me how anyone was coerced/compelled to purchase a car by the government?
    Last edited by hudsonriverrider; 08-03-2009 at 09:00 AM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

You left out the part where the dictionary implies that if you are coerced into doing something, you are doing it against your will; same with the word "compel." You're being deceptive and disingenous. Dont' beleive me? Here I'll copy and past it for you; from Websters:

Main Entry:co·erce
    Pronunciation:\kō-ˈərs\
    Inflected Form(s):co·erced; co·erc·ing
    Etymology:Middle English cohercen, from Anglo-French *cohercer Latin coercēre, from co- + arcēre to shut up, enclose — more at ark
    Date:15th century
    1 : to restrain or dominate by force <religion in the past has tried to coerce the irreligious — W. R. Inge>
    2 : to compel to an act or choice <was coerced into agreeing>
    3 : to achieve by force or threat <coerce compliance>
    synonyms see force

Main Entry:com·pel
    Pronunciation:\kəm-ˈpel\
    Inflected Form(s):com·pelled; com·pel·ling
    Etymology:Middle English compellen, from Anglo-French compeller, from Latin compellere, from com- + pellere to drive — more at felt
    Date:14th century
    1: to drive or urge forcefully or irresistibly <hunger compelled him to eat>
    2: to cause to do or occur by overwhelming pressure <public opinion compelled her to sign the bill>
    3archaic : to drive together

Webster also suggests that the synonym for Coerce is Force.

So once again I ask you: please explain to me how anyone was coerced/compelled to purchase a car by the government?
    I believe that all he was saying is that government is trying to get people to buy things they cannot afford. It is possible that after reading through webster he may have not used the perfect word in your opinion, but the basic point is true!

looter, so your saying that just because right now some people are taking advantage of the system that we should make it so everyone can do that and make it just be easier? That really doesn't make sense to me. Are you saying that people taking advantage of the system is a good thing??
    Yes, i don't spell check or grammar check and i make frequent grammatical errors. If anyone wants to tell me that why don't you just bite your tounge. Were on here to share our knowledge of the great invention that is the jet watercrafts and lets keep it to that!!

Quote Originally Posted by unclefire View Post
    I didn't say anything wrong... I never said I agreed with what they did, but what I stated was correct.

No, that's wrong. If I switch employers, I can take their coverage if I want. Show me in the bill where it states I have to take ANY public plan -- assuming it even makes into the final legislation. The other options, assuming they stay in the bill, is the health insurance exchange which will be primarily private insurance where YOU pay the premiums. Their MIGHT be a public option-- that remains to be seen. And there may be some subsidy for those who meet certain income requirements (which I don't buy into unless its for people that are near the poverty level).
    At this point everyone is talking about what might happen since no one knows for sure. There is no final version of the bill anywhere.

If there is a true public option much like medicare/medicaid then there will be no private insurnace companies within a few years. They cannot compete with the mandated costs from the government. Much of the costs of those programs are already paid for by the private insurers. The government says it will only pay $10 for a $15 service so the health provider rasises the costs to the private insurance comapnies to cover that.

Why would a company want to assume the cost and responsibility of healthcare when they can just pawn it off on the government anyway? They are already paying for the service through taxes so they might as well take advantage of it. Anyone that doesn't see that is blind.

You won't have a choice since your employer will make it for you.

Don't take my word for it. You can listen to Obama's plans from his own mouth.

http://www.breitbart.tv/uncovered-vi...ate-insurance/

Please explain how the government is "trying to get people to buy things they cannot afford?" His use of the word "coerce" implied that the government was imposing some sort punishment if one did not take advantage of the program. Using an incentive to get people to do things and using coercesion to get people to do things are two totally different things. As an example, the government uses tax incentives to get people to purchase their own homes by giving them tax breaks; the government uses coercsion to get people to file income taxes by threatening to jail them. If you can't or refuse to see and comprehend the difference, then you're not interested in having an intelligent conversation but only interested in blowing your anti Obama horn and ignoring facts.

So explain how his basic premise is true that the government is trying to coerce people into purchasing cars they cannot afford?
    Last edited by hudsonriverrider; 08-03-2009 at 02:01 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information