pxctoday

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

Alternative for Expensive Honda Spark Plug - NGK 6544 IMR9D-9H

Recently the original factory battery was on its last leg and from the multiple failed attempt to restart, it fouled all the original factory plugs. Actually the plug came out looking normal, slightish tan. However, it was impossible to keep running at cold start unless the throttle was opened and once warmed up, idle was as rough as can be.

I went to Advance Auto and bought 4 plugs for my F12. (9.99 each compare to the Honda dealer, they wanted 16.99 a pop) Anyway, the cross-reference plug on Advance Auto's inventory was "Autolite 4302." (1.79 each)

I did not want to be the gineau pig for testing out if these cross-referenced plug would actually work properly. So of course, I bought the expensive NGK. Now she is purring again as usual. This was @ 85 hours.

Fast forward to today, searching the forum, found that this cross reference was available since 2004.
    http://pwctoday.com/f18/spark-plugs-f12x-24951.html
    http://pwctoday.com/f18/copper-plugs-214130.html

The REAL question is? Have anyone attempted to used these alternative plugs? What was the results?
    Last edited by UaVaj; 07-30-2009 at 10:41 PM.
    05 R12 Blue

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home C-LO's Avatar

Re: Alternative for Expensive Honda Spark Plug - NGK 6544 IMR9D-9H

Haha I volunteer to NOT scrimp on plugs for my $10,000 jetski's
    Last edited by C-LO; 07-30-2009 at 11:17 PM.
    IF YOU HAVE HATERS, THEN YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yamanube View Post
    This is hardly a PWC site, it is a loosely moderated sh*t show with a for sale section, a handfull of PWC enthusiasts, a few hundred people who own jetskis and a few dozen people who like to hear themselves talk.
    This is the internet: Where boys are men, women are men, and little girls are FBI agents...

R12X Macsboost Stage II ++
    R12X Stock
    SXR Stock

Quote Originally Posted by C-LO View Post
    Haha I volunteer to NOT scrimp on plugs for my $10,000 jetski's
    yeah. they are fine for the non turbo (if they fit).

for the turbo you may end up with ceramic in your jug..risk not worth it at all.
    jdavid.sharp@yahoo.com
    02 honda F12x big IC, 17.5psi boost, 04 pump, 130hrs, fun!
    06 rxp quick and fun, rude1 charger
    95 B1 blaster, red pipe, not enough hrs in the day...

I know this is old but I can't find any other Information about this, I know that NGK has to have the same plug under another number, does any one know's? my friends ultra also uses NGK 18$ plugs, but he call a friend of his that works at the kawi dealer and he was able to tell him the cross reference on NGK plugs for his ski same plug brand and all for about 2$ each, this is just not fair that Honda want's to still from us the consumers on a freaking plug! after we buy their product...
    FAST 08 F 15 X GPS

H20XTREME

they are around 11 bux from orielly's etc.. you wont find iridium for $2 and we stopped using autolite in our boosted cars because the ceramic broke under boost.
    jdavid.sharp@yahoo.com
    02 honda F12x big IC, 17.5psi boost, 04 pump, 130hrs, fun!
    06 rxp quick and fun, rude1 charger
    95 B1 blaster, red pipe, not enough hrs in the day...

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home C-LO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hondarrr View Post
    I know this is old but I can't find any other Information about this, I know that NGK has to have the same plug under another number, does any one know's? my friends ultra also uses NGK 18$ plugs, but he call a friend of his that works at the kawi dealer and he was able to tell him the cross reference on NGK plugs for his ski same plug brand and all for about 2$ each, this is just not fair that Honda want's to still from us the consumers on a freaking plug! after we buy their product...

Brokeazzhonda knows the plugs you speak of. I cant remember the number he told me..
    IF YOU HAVE HATERS, THEN YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yamanube View Post
    This is hardly a PWC site, it is a loosely moderated sh*t show with a for sale section, a handfull of PWC enthusiasts, a few hundred people who own jetskis and a few dozen people who like to hear themselves talk.
    This is the internet: Where boys are men, women are men, and little girls are FBI agents...

R12X Macsboost Stage II ++
    R12X Stock
    SXR Stock

I end up with this, just so you guys know, it's not 2$ but at least it's not 18$..LOL
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by k_warrior45
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...d=360064728713
    $9.25 a plug with $1.50 shipping. Not bad i would say 4 plugs for $38.50, rather than $47.52 ($11 per plug and 8% sales tax). Only difference is you have to wait for them to get to you.

Thanks guy I just Oder them, they came out to about 10.65 each with shipping and tax because they are in florida I had to pay tax for a total of 42.59, not bad if I compare to about 80.00 at the dealer....
    FAST 08 F 15 X GPS

H20XTREME

Quote Originally Posted by hondarrr View Post
    i end up with this, just so you guys know, it's not 2$ but at least it's not 18$..lol
    quote:
    Originally posted by k_warrior45
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eb...d=360064728713
    $9.25 a plug with $1.50 shipping. Not bad i would say 4 plugs for $38.50, rather than $47.52 ($11 per plug and 8% sales tax). Only difference is you have to wait for them to get to you.

thanks guy i just oder them, they came out to about 10.65 each with shipping and tax because they are in florida i had to pay tax for a total of 42.59, not bad if i compare to about 80.00 at the dealer....
    we all have to think green, save the planet, so we have to save money....lol
    FAST 08 F 15 X GPS

H20XTREME

PWCToday Guru

sorry to bump an old thread but can someone help clarify for me what the deal is with plugs?

I needed plugs in my R12x earlier this year and was told the correct model was NGK-IMR9D9H. They are 10.49 each on amazon so I think these are the right ones...

I called around looking locally and only advance auto parts could get them. They said NGK on them so they were the actual ones I was looking for and not a cheap replacement (AFAIK) so I got them but they were only like 3 dollars each. Now my other ski (F12x) needs plugs (I think) and so I called AAP. they looked up the IMR-9d9h and found an autolite cross reference at 2.09 a piece and a NGK cross reference at 14.99. I asked if maybe the NGK was for a box of 4. He wasnt sure but he looked up my last transaction and used the item number I bought then...when he put that in it came back to both the autolite and the NGK, and when he added the "one" NGK for 14.99 it added 4 individual plugs (for that price)....so thats what I bought...again. Am I buying the wrong plugs?

PWCToday Newbie

NGK IMR9D-9H are correct plugs, they are specially made for Honda, you can buy, mail order at www.race-mart.com for $9.82, plus S&H, it may take awhile, but order a spare set.

I've posted this before, but everyone seems to go to Advanced Auto, at higher cost, but possibly quicker delivery.

I've ordered from Race Mart, and no problems.
    2004 R12X Aquatrax
    XLT1200
    650SX

Thread Information