Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    PWCToday Regular

Re: Replacing Fuel Lines in a 1997 Seadoo XP

The 97 XP only uses 5/16 on the supply side. 5 feet will doo ya. The 1/4 inch will take 10 feet if you replace the vent lines also.

PWCToday Regular

Hi Guys,

I hope some of you are still around because I decided to post some photos and ask a few more questions before I wrap up my carb rebuild and fuel line replacement project.

Looking at the top of my fuel baffle, is it a bad idea to use hose clamps vs the stock fuel clamps? It seems like it's easier to find hose clamps vs the stock fuel line clamps... not to mention i don't need a special tool to install hose clamps. What do you recommend?

Is it normal to have two different size of lines, 6mm and 8mm coming from the tank? One of my photos shows a little nipple in the line taking the size down from 8 to 6. Can I just run 6 or 8 mm everywhere?

One of the small carb lines has a green in line "something." Is this another fuel filter? Also, what size are the carb lines? I would like to replace them as well.

The last photo is a shot of my carbs. The book says to turn the low speed screw in until you feel resistance, then back it out one fuel turn. Should they screws be in the same position? When I back them off one full turn you can see that the heads do not not face the same direction. The book did not tell me how to set the high speed screw... does anyone know what this should be?

Lastly, can I test the pop off pressure with the carb fully assembled? I have never done this test, but just picked up a tool to do so.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to provide!

-Matt
    Attached Images Attached Images

PWCToday Regular

Two sizes off the baffle are normal. Large is supply, smaller is vent and return.

PWCToday Regular

Thank you! Do you happen to have any experience with the other questions as well?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information