User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Angry Engine wont start without Starting Fluid..? HELP

i'm having a little problem with my ski, it would not start without giving it a shot of starting fluid, this is a new motor. i changed the spark plugs, the spark plug wires already checked the pressure of all four pistons, already checked the injectors and the are all fine, the fuel filter is pumping the right fuel. "but the engine would not start without a shot of staring fluid sometimes it wont even start ooh by the way i already checked the entire wire harness so can some one please tell me what can be causing this problem. 2005 Kawasaki STX 15F.

Re: Engine wont start without Starting Fluid..? HELP

Do you use ethanol blended gas? Has the ski sat for a long time? sometimes the gas separates and has a hard time getting through the pump.
    Mike

02 900 STX
    07 Ultra 250 (the Ali'i of Hilo Bay, Baby)

PWCToday Newbie

Today what i did was pumped out the entire gas tank and filled it up with super to see if that could solve the problem but no, same thing over and over.... I also put a little bottle of fuel injector cleaner..

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmi03 View Post
    i'm having a little problem with my ski, it would not start without giving it a shot of starting fluid, this is a new motor. i changed the spark plugs, the spark plug wires already checked the pressure of all four pistons, already checked the injectors and the are all fine, the fuel filter is pumping the right fuel. "but the engine would not start without a shot of staring fluid sometimes it wont even start ooh by the way i already checked the entire wire harness so can some one please tell me what can be causing this problem. 2005 Kawasaki STX 15F.
    Do you spray the air filter with the starting fluid??

I also have this kind of problem

Thread Information