• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gtxman
    PWCToday Guru
    • May 2008

Oil injection pump adjustment

Since the manual is no help I figured I'd ask yall. I see Bill is online so I hope he can answer me. I got my carbs back on last nite. I noticed that the oil injection pump isn't where it is supposed to be. I ran out of room on the cable trying to adjust it. Any ideas? Do I need to set idle first? If I do set the idle, will it hurt it if there is no oil? How do I know if it is injecting oil in? You know what? The pump was not straight up and down. Maybe I was looking at it wrong. HMMMMMMMMMMM...................................... .............
  • gtxman
    PWCToday Guru
    • May 2008

Re: Oil injection pump adjustment

No, I wasn't looking at it wrong. Just took a peak at it. This is gonna cause me more problems now. Why can't this thing work like it is supposed to. Please help me? I'm on my knees begging you.

Comment

• Watercraft Magic
      Tech Guru
      PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
      • Feb 2004

I do not understand what you mean when you say it is not where it should be or that it is not straight up and down ?

There is no reasonable reason your oil cable is too short to get it adjusted. Is the cable laying in the groove of the oil pump drum ? Is the cable end properly seated at the tab at the far end of the cable drum on the oil pump ?
      Is the throttle cable in the correct hole on the carbureator throttle linkage drum ? There are two holes to choose from.

Final oil injection cable adjustment must align the marks at idle speed, So back off the idle adjuster and get the alignment marks close, then start motor, set idle speed, then recheck oil cable adjustments. Typically if you never moved the idle speed adjuster when rebuilding the carbs, the oil cable adjustment will be very close to perfect.

This is why we do not remove the cables from the carb bracket, we remove the bracket from the carbs, cables attached.
      Last edited by Watercraft Magic; 06-30-2009, 02:30 PM.
      email Chris at Watercraft Magic [email protected]

Comment

• gtxman
        PWCToday Guru
        • May 2008

Ok. I did that. I just took off the cable bracket from the carbs. Still had to come out of the drum. They are in the correct drum. It is all correct. Cables are where they are supposed to be. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong. I noticed that the pump isn't on the motor straight up and down. It doesn't look that way. Kinds tilted to one side. I'd have to go look again. It is hard to see the alignment marks. The manual is very vague about this other than it needs to be done. My wife is starting to get mad at me. We leave to go on vacation friday and I'm still not done. I want to set idle speed today.

Comment

• Watercraft Magic
          Tech Guru
          • Feb 2004

The oil pump does not need to be straight up and down on the mag cover. It is only possible to have it two ways, upside down or rightside up.

Comment

• gtxman
            PWCToday Guru
            • May 2008

Ok. I see what you are saying about that. From the picture in the manual, it looks like it is supposed to be. Maybe it was right. I don't think it is cause of the tremendous amount of oil that was on the RAVE valves. I don't know if this is normal or not. I need to go and get a bolt for it. Not the oil pump. For the ground cable. It broke and the cable was still attached to the block. Weird?!. Then I'll get my head down in it and really give it a look and take a picture. If I can upload a video in here.

Comment

• Watercraft Magic
              Tech Guru
              • Feb 2004

2000 Sea Doo Service manual page 07-03-5 is a good opicture of the alignment of the 787 RFI oil pump, As this oil pump is very similiar to the 947 oil pumps, it gives you a very good idea of where to look for alignment marks on the oil pump and oil pump drum. They are at the end of the arrow in the picture.

This picture can be found in many of the manuals with 787 and 947 motors.
              Last edited by Watercraft Magic; 06-30-2009, 03:03 PM.

Comment

• gtxman
                PWCToday Guru
                • May 2008

Will that work for the 98 seadoo? Yes it is the same as mine. Ok. I'll go out and mess with it some more and see. It is sooooo hot here. I need to find a fan. I'll get back w/ you later. Or tomorrow. Thanks for your help Bill. Those jets and springs worked real well.

Comment

• gtxman
                  PWCToday Guru
                  • May 2008

I got a mirror and put it in like yall all say to do. Now I can see the marks. Only problem is it is storming here. I'm not allowed to pull it out in the storm. Mommy will spank me. Lightening is real bad right now. I got some pics of it. It was hard to get to. Those marks look nothing like what is in the pic. in the manual. I will set everything tomorrow when I get home from work.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by gtxman; 06-30-2009, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X