Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Warning MI riders - THX MotorSports

I just wanted to warn everyone of this shady business these people are running;

here's the back story -

About 3 weeks ago, I contacted THX MotorSports located in Clarkston MI, about a craigslist add for an X2 hull. He stated that he was not sure if he wanted to sell it any longer as a customer had recently dropped of another X2 will a bad hull, and he was going to use the pristine one to build himself a ski. I said - OK, no problem - just let me know if you do decide to get ride of it. He said he'd let me know by the weekend.

Well, the weekend passed without a word from him. I decided to take incentive and call him (Tuesday after that weekend). He didn't answer so I left a voice mail inquiring about the hull. NO RESPONSE. Ok, must have used it. no biggie.

Three weeks go by, and I get sick of seeing my broken down X2 sitting at home and don't want to work on it. I decide to sell it as I cannot find a good hull for a decent price. I sell it to 'UPTHERE' who is a member on this site - I tell him my dilemma and he laughs and agrees it's bs, but what are we to do.

NOW - day after selling said ski to new owner, Craigslist add pops up for 'pristine X2 hull' - and you guessed it - same guy, same number, same location, same company. Awesome. SOB. I call - and get a response of ' Oh...yeah... sorry, I lost your number and WAS looking for it, but couldn't find it - you still want it?' - I respond with 'Um yeah'. Well he also jacked the price up 100%. he was asking 50.00 (awesome deal right) then he wanted 100.00, shady. New owner wants nice hull, so I said I'd pick it up and he could come get it anytime - (UPTHERE - Nice guy to deal with BTW)

He said we'd talk about it when I pick it up - I agreed. We agreed on 6pm last night at the shop - I drive a subaru wrx so I had to have my buddy with his truck drop his evening to help me out. We get out there, and no one is there. Called his phone numerous times (4) and he finally answered and said he was just getting off the lake and he'd be there shortly. I obliged. Sat there waiting for 45 mins, with a no show. Tried calling again - and got no answer. Piss on it - I'm outta here.

It's been nothing but headaches dealing with this guy - I don't know where he learned how to run a business - but he's doin a ****ty job and does not have good communication skills at all -

Thank you THX MotorSports - for showing me that People really CANNOT trust other people.

Kind regards

Re: Warning MI riders - THX MotorSports

Thats the biggest load of SH!T I have ever heard. I saw the ads you speak of cause I am thinking of getting an x2 soon as a second ski. The fact that the guy raised the price isnt too bad if he misgauged the value in the first place but to never show is BS!

I will never buy anything from them. I live in White lake just south of there so I will be sure to pass on word that they suck!

Officially Boycotting THX Motorsports!
    Last edited by Joyryda; 06-24-2009 at 11:34 AM.
    89' Kawasaki 650sx

Quote Originally Posted by Joyryda View Post
    Thats the biggest load of SH!T I have ever heard. I saw the ads you speak of cause I am thinking of getting an x2 soon as a second ski. The fact that the guy raised the price isnt too bad if he misgauged the value in the first place but to never show is BS!

I will never buy anything from them. I live in White lake just south of there so I will be sure to pass on word that they suck!

Officially Boycotting THX Motorsports!
    Thanks for joining the Boycott!! That was my first attempt and last time ever dealing with them. I believe they are a 'newer' shop also, but that does not justify the **** he pulled.

great job THX

If they are indeed a new biz, in this economy they ought to treat each customer like gold, cuz our word of mouth on the lake is golden! I rarely go to a shop without hjearing spmething good about them froma friend, cuz there are too many scamsters out there these days.
    89' Kawasaki 650sx

Bump to get the info around...

I used to ride the lakes in your area for many years. Did a lot of business w/the local shops too. Who is this guy and where is the shop located?? You can PM details if you want.
    "Taste like chicken....keep on lickin',
    Taste like trout...throw it out!"
    Author Unknown

"You should never smoke in pajamas,
    You might start a fire and burn your face,
    Maybe you'll return to Manaugua,
    You could go un-noticed in such a place"
    FZ

WANTED: Westcoast Dual Plug Ignition. Kaw 650. Inquire within.

Quote Originally Posted by Maico View Post
    I used to ride the lakes in your area for many years. Did a lot of business w/the local shops too. Who is this guy and where is the shop located?? You can PM details if you want.
    Might as well get it all out in the open - I cannot recall the guys name, however The business number is his personal number - he uses his cell as the business line.

The shop is located on andersonville rd. between the two portions of White lake Rd. It's directly next door to a little party store.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&rl...image&resnum=1

Thats a prettty chitty thing to do. I live and work just a few miles from that shop. I will let it be known that this shop is garbage!
    Matt Tedder
    mtedder22@hotmail.com

1994 FX1

1986 18ft Donzi (still looking)

HE HAS A CRAIGSLIST AD DETROIT BOATS SECTION

LookinG for an honest reliable affordable PWC/Jet Ski mechanic?? Well look no further, you found one THX Motorsports new to Clarkston Mi. We service all make and model PWC's and jet boats. Factory certified mechanic!! Our prices are over %35 less than most dealers and we do it rite the first time guaranteed.

-New and used parts
    -Complete Engine Rebuilts
    -Short Blocks Installed
    -Jet pumps rebuilt
    -Carbs rebuilt
    -Eletrical diag and repair
    -detailing
    -fiberglass repair
    -Pick up and delivery service
    -@ home services and oil changes
    -Shrinkwraping
    -winterization
    more more more

248-464-XXXX

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1250089026

* Copyright 2009 craigslist, inc.
    * terms of use
    * privacy policy
    * feedback forum
    Last edited by markmarvin30; 07-02-2009 at 11:01 AM.

I know exactly where that shop is located..... he sounds like a real shadester, he guarantees it will be done right the first time but what if it isn't, what does the guarantee get us...... more costs in labor? And his personal cell phone for business.... might as well be working out of his garage.
    89' Kawasaki 650sx

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information