User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    PWCToday Guru

Have you ever had a jet ski sink on you?

Just wondering if anyone has ever been unfortunate enough to have a ski sink?
    Last edited by Kucz; 06-21-2009 at 01:29 PM.

Re: Have you ever had a jet ski sink on you?

Yeah, sunk my sxi pro but it wasn't totally sunk the top of the back sidewalls was the only thing up in the water. I swam the thing over to the beach and took off the hood and just turned it upside down to get the water out. Then took the spark plugs out and fired her over and watched the show
    GP1300R
    2 SQUARE'S!
    & TONS OF TRAILERS!

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

I have only ever heard of a ski actually sinking once during riding. Usually they just get most the way full of water before the rider notices. I have heard of people having them sink overnight at a dock. I have had my sea doos fill 1/3 of the way up with water and had a stand up go up to the top of the carb. No real problems though just had to let them dry.
    Last edited by mcurcio1989; 06-21-2009 at 02:47 PM.
    Yes, i don't spell check or grammar check and i make frequent grammatical errors. If anyone wants to tell me that why don't you just bite your tounge. Were on here to share our knowledge of the great invention that is the jet watercrafts and lets keep it to that!!

Top Dog

jet skis are designed to stay floating even when completely full of water. like tmetz said they will barely float when complete filled with water. But if your foam is wet or you have removed the foam, that is when the ski has a chance of sinking on you.
    You're better off searching than listening to me.

PWCToday Newbie

I nearly sank my uncle's old Waverunner a few years ago. The battery had come loose and knocked off one of the hoses leading to the outside of the ski. It stayed mostly afloat until we got it to shore. I got *****ed at by my uncle "That thing isn't meant to be jumping waves and spun around on!". Ok...what the hell IS it for then?
    Last edited by hardwire; 06-21-2009 at 05:15 PM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Quote Originally Posted by hardwire View Post
    I nearly sank my uncle's old Waverunner a few years ago. The battery had come loose and knocked off one of the hoses leading to the outside of the ski. It stayed mostly afloat until we got it to shore. I got *****ed at by my uncle "That thing isn't meant to be jumping waves and spun around on!". Ok...what the hell IS it for then?
    Old people always know more right. Reminds me off when my dad told me not to carry his laptop upstairs because "these things aren't meant to be moved all around like that." i see the point it does cause more wear but they were designed to do that.
    Yes, i don't spell check or grammar check and i make frequent grammatical errors. If anyone wants to tell me that why don't you just bite your tounge. Were on here to share our knowledge of the great invention that is the jet watercrafts and lets keep it to that!!

A buddy of mine almost sunk my 650SX, only the last piece of the tray was out of the water, we took it back to the shore, turned it upside down, pulled spark plugs out, turned it over a couple of times, cleaned the plugs and we where back on the water
    after 15 minutes!

formally known as seadookid PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home starter kill's Avatar

i have sunkin my HX two times. once was in waist deep water, and the other was out in the open. working on the motor/fixing electircal box with the hood open is a BAD idea.

Quote Originally Posted by r_jacksontrucks View Post
    If u end up banging the room mates mom, call her her sons name.
    Quote Originally Posted by SJmullet View Post
    Never treat a women like a b*tch, and NEVER treat a b*tch like a women!
    i kill starters
    95 seadoo HX w/factory pipe
    98 yamaha superjet w/tons of goodies =)
    08 yamaha superjet stock roomate's ski
    90 yamaha superjet w/psi pipe loaner ski

Quote Originally Posted by seadookid84 View Post
    i have sunkin my HX two times. once was in waist deep water, and the other was out in the open. working on the motor/fixing electircal box with the hood open is a BAD idea.
    Yeah I am always scared of that happening, my battery cable on my sj came a little loose and I took the hood off in about waist deep water and a yacht came by and I hurried as fast as I can to put that hood back on before it sinks right there
    GP1300R
    2 SQUARE'S!
    & TONS OF TRAILERS!

haha i did it about 3 days ago. the carbon seal on the shaft was shot and the dealer didnt check it. well about 10 minutes into the test ride i was left stranded with a ski that was 3/4 of the was submerged. thank god some guy was coming out and he was like "hey, it looks like you need some help bc id say your sinkin"...no **** buddy lol. thank god i didnt buy the ski so i didnt have to pay lol
    The Garage-
    • 98 gtx limited-TDR "Silencer" Waterbox
    • 2006 Sea Ray 225 Weekender-economy forced me into downsizing
    History-
    • 2005 30 sea ray sundancer
    • 95 xp-Rossier pipe and Ocean Pro flame arrestors
    • 95 xp-R&D head
    • 1997 Tiger Shark Monte Carlo
    Riding is more than just a passion. Its a ****in way of life!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information