Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wildwood Area

PWCToday Newbie

Re: Wildwood Area

DId anyone notice the multiple inflatable toys a couple hundred yards left from the Stone Harbor bridge launching area. It's a big trampoline, climbing wall, a few slides. I wasn't sure if anyone can use these or if they are private. I only ask because some kids with me were begging to go on.

Frequent Poster

im not sure but one time a few years ago i decided to check it out and hit the sand bar and yea it wasnt pretty so be careful when you go over to it.

I believe it's owned by Island Watersports on 97th St in Stone Harbor. They charge a fee for kids to use it. Not trying to promote them, but for the sake of conversation, their site is http://www.jerseyseashore.com/islandwatersports/
    Last edited by MikePags; 07-03-2009 at 09:52 PM.

Yea he's right... IWS does own that. The owner is actually a buddy of mine. I am sure if no one was around and your kids want to get a quick jump in, GO FOR IT! But if you happen to see some Carolina Skiffs coming at you just get on your way. lol

PWCToday Newbie

yeah looks like Island Water Sports is a few blocks up in Stone harbor. Neat idea and looks like fun.

Frequent Poster

any stand ups riding this weekend around herferts inlet?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Kcmasterpiece's Avatar

i wish i joined the forums a couple months ago. im in wildwood also and go jet skiing every weekend during my summer break. im in daytona beach florida right now for school. i just bought a stand up and wanted to find some people to ride with. i used to do the sit down thing but got bored. and now that i have a stand up, the guys i normally ride with still have the sit downs and always want to cruise the ocean leaving me to jump the waves myself. i was able to bring my ski down here fortunately and in daytona you are allowed to launch your skiis from the beach and jump the waves. definatley makes things convinent. ill be around next summer though. maybe i keep up with this forum. oh and by the way, lets keep the launching site near the stone harbor bridge to us. its too crowded as is...just kidding i dont really care. but there are some pain in the a$$es there. sorry for the long post. im just excited and love talking jet skiis.

Frequent Poster

JS. i know exactly what you mean about people at the ramp overcrowding it. If there are any people that like to park next to the opening of the ramp where people like me who have big trucks cant make the turn with a trailer please stop asap. I have a blue superjet and waveblaster. so keep an eye out for me in the summer. im usually there every weekend work permitting. its nice to hear a fellow stand up rider that rides there. i met a few this summer but its mostly the big 4 strokers thinking they are getting big air in the inlet when they are really getting 2 ft. keep in touch man

Yeah, the guys with the 4-strokes have to be more considerate, not only at the ramp, but riding too. I was out this year with my brother and a couple other guys and this guy with a black and green Sea Doo with numbers on the back seat (I think a number 004, but I may be wrong) comes up jumping waves with us. No problem, the more the merrier...then all of a sudden I feel a splash and realize that the guy landed 5 feet from me. The guy has the whole ocean and he has to ride 5 feet away from me. I was pissed to say the least and gave him a WTF? Then the guy immediately goes over to jump in the shallow surf area in front of Champagne Island...rediculous. Aside from that though, everybody else has been great to talk to and hang out with. This year the ramp seemed more crowded than usual, not only because of the number of people, but because the tides were especially high some weekends, regardless of full moons.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Kcmasterpiece's Avatar

ive seen the guy with the seadoos. im not a fan of him. but about the ramp issue; i usually unstrap my ski on the shoulder of the road then get the ski in then pull out as quick as i can. i hate it when people hang around the ramp getting ready and taking up time when all that can be done off the ramp. i especially hate it when people park on that area we use across the street as a u-turn. i think next summer im going to open my mouth a little more and make things easier for all of us.

funny thing, we have a boat also and we launch it at the 5th street marine. i love seeing people launch there skis there, i just laugh because theyre spending 10 bucks a ski and im putting mine in for free and much closer to where the action is. its definately worth getting bit by a few more green heads.

lastly and unfortunately, i will be here in daytona until july, so im going to get a late start next summer, but when i get back i hope to see that superjet there!!
    Last edited by Kcmasterpiece; 09-29-2009 at 01:55 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information