User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Wet Jet Duo 300 '95 - zx Kraze Question

Hi, I am a newbie to the site and not a mechanic. We just bought a used Wet Jet ('95 Wet Jet Duo 300 ZX Kraze) from a friend. It ran great twice! This past week-end we took it out, it ran great for 10 minutes then it cut out. It would start and then cut out. Then, we were able to "nurse it" back to shore. We didn't know not to idle a jet ski - it had idled about 8 minutes but ran after that. We changed the spark plugs. We did find it had sucked up some fishing line. I think we got it all out but not sure. My husband can put his hand up and turn it just a bit but then it gets stuck. I don't know if this is normal or not. It will run - but it doesn't get any power. Starts fine. Any idea on what to look at would be so appreciated! Am I right to think it can't be anything to major if it still runs? Thanks in advance!

Pooski

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Laserman's Avatar

Re: Wet Jet Duo 300 '95 - zx Kraze Question

Not many people are familiar with your ski - I don't think I've ever seen one...

But here's some general info: It doesn't take much debris\fishing line\etc. to kill a skis "get-up-and-go".

You should be able to get underneath there and inspect the front side of the pump.

You can remove the intake grate if it helps with access.

You can also inspect the rear of the pump by looking through the steering nozzle with a bright flashlight.

If there is even the smallest amount of fishing line around the shaft, it will affect the ski.

Hope this helps!
    1985 JS 550/750 Stand-up: http://www.pwctoday.com/f72/smileys-...50-114680.html
    1984 JS550 TYPHOON 750 conversion: http://www.pwctoday.com/f72/laserman...ct-186297.html
    1992 Sport Cruiser "Sportscar" Conversion: http://www.pwctoday.com/f72/laserman...-a-173049.html
    Here's a helpfull thread on 550\650 conversions: http://www.pwctoday.com/f72/just-ano...on-133898.html

The wetjet 300 duo kraze had the yamaha 701 motor in it and they are very reliable, you may have carb problems if it has been sitting as it should idle for long periods of time if the carb is set right, any debris in the pump can make it cavitate and not get on plane properly, make sure pump is clean and clear then get someone who knows the yamaha 701 motor to ride and tune it, Matt
    SOLD! HONDA AQUATRAX 2 SEATER
    1987 JS440 SUPERSTOCK
    198? JS440 FREESTYLE
    1987 JS550 LIMITED
    SOLD AND MISSED VERY MUCH, 1994 WAVEBLASTER LIMITED
    WWW.HONDAOFWINTERHAVEN.COM
    1987 AM. WORLD CUP CHAMP
    Photobucket

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home tjmonsen5's Avatar

wet jet with a 701? woah!! Isnt this the ski that looks kind of like a snowmobile?
    If You're Not Running PJS Parts, You're Chasing Someone Who Is.

The old ones did the new ones looked like most out there, the duo's with 701's were very nice units, the brute and cyuna powered ones were junk, the kraze would run 47 on radar, pre-production they were running over 50 this was in the 90's which was pretty quick back then, Matt
    1987 JS440 SUPERSTOCK
    198? JS440 FREESTYLE
    1987 JS550 LIMITED
    1987 AM. WORLD CUP CHAMP
    Photobucket

Last edited by matt888; 05-27-2009 at 03:43 PM.
    1987 JS440 SUPERSTOCK
    198? JS440 FREESTYLE
    1987 JS550 LIMITED
    1987 AM. WORLD CUP CHAMP
    Photobucket

PWCToday Newbie

First post here ... The Wet Jet was manufactured by Mastercraft Boats and the first Brute
    models ,,, well yeah, they stunk!
    Their next offering was actually a decent machine powered by a stock 701 Yamaha. Nothing super by today's standards but it rode two seated and was fairly reliable.
    They used the same hull for the Duo 300, ZX, and Kraze - just hopped up the power some and changed the graphics.
    Slow sales and a limited number of dealers to combat increased advertising from the competition caused Mastercraft to pull the plug in the late 90's. Parts are still available for them but not many people want to feed a dead breed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information