User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cheapest GPS to record speed in jetski

Hi guys i want to get the cheapest GPS just to record the real speed of my jetski i was looking at this one for $129 but i don't know if its worth it ???? would this GPS take me to places if i put the coordinates anyone has any experience with this.
    06 Nissan Titan
    02 Honda F-12X: Stock
    02 Yamaha FX140: Mods: 63 mph, Pump Seal Kit, Solas Impeller performance from impros, Riva Intake Grate, R&D Velocity Stack kit, R&D Power Air Filter, Custom Free Flow Exhaust, Modded R&D rideplate, rideplate bolts filled with silicone.

PWCToday Regular

Re: Cheapest GPS to record speed in jetski

e-trex is a grea litte unit, if you're just looking for a speed reading. It will also do coordinates, ect. I don't think it's waterproof, though

I have that one or one similar to it. I was under the impression it was waterproof and i've taken it out but never dunked it. That one with the color screen is better then mine but mine will chart speed and you can plot out your course and record spots for the future. It's a good little basic unit.

Here's what my employer has to say about it..
    http://www.rei.com/product/761620 And 129 aparently is a good price.
    My small fleet...[90 SN SJ 650 w/mariner factory pipe] [90 SN Groupk Formula 800] [90 SN SJ] [94 WB1 w/riva red pipe] [95 Raider] [90 X2]

basspro.com has a couple could deals on cheap gps's.

PWCToday Newbie

lowrance ifinder great inexpensive unit. then use a ziplock bag or 2 and it is water proof. in fact i have one ill sell you for 60 +ship its missing the battery cover though...

ive got an etrex legend wateproof...the light blue green one i'll sell you for 80...

would these GPS work on the streets or just to save coordinates on the water ?
    06 Nissan Titan
    02 Honda F-12X: Stock
    02 Yamaha FX140: Mods: 63 mph, Pump Seal Kit, Solas Impeller performance from impros, Riva Intake Grate, R&D Velocity Stack kit, R&D Power Air Filter, Custom Free Flow Exhaust, Modded R&D rideplate, rideplate bolts filled with silicone.

PWCToday Newbie

ifinder has main highways pre loaded and has some airports plugged in from me but not like a true street gps

I got a Garmin Foretrex 101. Its wears like a big wrist watch and has everything including a Max Speed that you reset after each speed run.
    It was the cheapest I could find and works great because you wear it then put it in your storage after. Google It?
    "The Hull Makes the Difference"
    89SP, 91XP, 93XP, 93WBlaster 94XP, 95HX, 95XP-L, 96GSX, 97XP, 98XP-L, 2002GTX, 2003 GTX-SC, 2008 RXT-X Superski , 09 Spyder Can Am Roadster.The End!

Frequent Poster

Quote Originally Posted by yuneir305 View Post
    would these GPS work on the streets or just to save coordinates on the water ?
    Yes, It will work on the street, but won't give you turn by turn directions. For example, if you put in a location to goto, it will just point straight to it and tell you it's 13.21 miles NW.

I have an older Etrex Legend that I use on my ski from time to time. It works good with the optional handlebar mount.
    06 SX-R
    94 X-2
    84 JS550

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information