Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Ethanol proposal

Quote Originally Posted by teamzulu View Post
    Brazil also runs E100. If it was so bad for the vehicles why would they do this? Then there's that guy on TV that burns vegetable oil in his van. He had some crazy amount of miles on that thing, like 200,000-300,000. Still running strong. The more we run the less gas we have to buy from them commie countries spending our money on making bombs to destroys us .

Either way we are growing the corn. Instead of exporting it make ethanol out of it. Let china starve hahah.

And their E100 is made from Sugarcane not Corn......Yes it is ethanol,but it is not as corrosive.
    The only benefit to E85 over gasoline is the higher octane level.Now if you want to reap the benefits of the fuel then tear down your engine and put in custom pistons that will yield a 14:1 or higher compression ratio......if not the fuel is far less efficient....Not to mention very corrosive.
    1998 Yamaha GP800
    Mods: Carbontech Reeds,Riva Flame Arrestors, Riva Ride Plate,Pro-tec Intake grate, Primer Kit, Riva oil pump block off.

www.quickperformanceandconcepts.com

the alcohol absorbs water. my lawnmower will not run on alcohol gas if older than a month. My ninja 500 requires a complete carb brakedown and clean every 6 weeks if not riden daily because the jet holes are so small. my 1200 suzuki is not as bad as the nija but it does get the white crystal deposits from the alcohold too. My dodge hemi truck dropped 2.5 miles per gallon on the gasohol--in town and freeway. the extra gas i burn now far exceeds the 10% saved by the allcohol mixture. My wife is in the fuel sales business. She as paid big bucks to customers to have water removed from their vehicles. many of her underground tanks are brand new and pproven to have no leaks, but yet she must have water punped out of the gas regularly. ALCOHOL ABSORBS WATER. My motorcycle mechanic tells me that not only are the older carb bikes having major issues with the gasoohol, but the fuel injected bikes are taking an expensive hit too. The fuel must be pressurized for the injectors and the fuel pumps are going bad because of the gasohol. he said that he had never replaced a pump before the gasohol came around. so yea, the gasohol is creating lots of jobs--FOR MECHANICS!

PWCToday Newbie

As I said before, it's just an ADM/ government scam. Now they're talking about going to 15% ethanol. I wish more felt like us and make our voted representatives put a stop to this insanity.

why dont they just stop with the bs and keep it at 10%...this is starting to get annoying
    Yamaha 2006 VX- my couch
    2000 Superjet- my non-couch

Dont say it..i already have a SUPERJET!!!

www.pwcflorida.com

I have set up my skis to run E85 before with no problems. You can run a lot more compression and even the next hotter heat range spark plug. Guys that are running the same compression as me are paying $7-$10 a gal for race fuel when I go right down the street and pay $1.99 a gal. The only problem I have run into was if I let the ski set for a long time like over the winter without draining the fuel out of the carbs it would gum up the n/s but that is common even with regular gas. How I solved this is I just got a little squirt bottle with the same size hose as my fuel line and whenever I am done riding I will disconnect the feeding fuel line and squeeze some Marvels mystery oil in there till I see it come out the return line. I know a lot of people hate this fuel but I guess for my set up it just works out.

Quote Originally Posted by jetski9010 View Post
    I have set up my skis to run E85 before with no problems. You can run a lot more compression and even the next hotter heat range spark plug. Guys that are running the same compression as me are paying $7-$10 a gal for race fuel when I go right down the street and pay $1.99 a gal. The only problem I have run into was if I let the ski set for a long time like over the winter without draining the fuel out of the carbs it would gum up the n/s but that is common even with regular gas. How I solved this is I just got a little squirt bottle with the same size hose as my fuel line and whenever I am done riding I will disconnect the feeding fuel line and squeeze some Marvels mystery oil in there till I see it come out the return line. I know a lot of people hate this fuel but I guess for my set up it just works out.
    I think the same. Alcohol fuel is cool running, higher octane and relatively cheap. Also never seem to get any water in my fuel tank now. I dont leave my ski long enough to get any gumming problems. The fuel is great stuff.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information