Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Regular

anyone ever change the speed sensor?

well first ride out this year i noticed the speedometer was dead (not the lcd) but would come on every once in a while so I pulled it up on the trailer and found the wire fraid and gone so I check the other ski and notice 4 mice in the ride plate with one mouse hanging from the wire in the ride plate luckily her speed wire was only nicked and need only to be re coated mine was completely gone. I ordered the part it should be here thurs it only cost 60.00 for the sensor,wire and cannon plug it looks pretty easy to change 4 screws at the sensor then the wire feeds to a cannon plug it may take a oxygen sensor socket or crows foot to get at it without tearing up the wire. any tips? Im sorry i don't have a pic of the mice we flushed em out to the lake and let em drown they were already dead i belive
    Justin

Frequent Poster

Re: anyone ever change the speed sensor?

you can try a crows foot but i have always just removed the pump and nozzle this makes it a lot easier to get to.
    leaving the pump there makes it a tight position to get to

PWCToday Regular

yea prob going to have to remove pump ive done it before and i dont have a crows foot bigger than 3/4

PWCToday Regular

well i did it it was a pain if anyone must do this pull the pump and if u can use a pin and take apart the plug that way u can pull the wire out and screw the piece that goes in the bulkhead with a socket then fish the wire thru and plug it into the yellow plug near the fuse box i took too much apart to find the wire its right there
    Justin

Thread Information