Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home cyrillefrenchy's Avatar

rxt ride plate question

hello sea doo gurus
    i tried today to help a friend who wrapped a rope around the drive shaft on his 07 rxt 4 stroke, we tried to remove the ride plate which is glued to the hull but we did not see the plate was part of the cooling system, the engine coolant is going thru the ride plate by 2 plastic fittings and we broke one, we broke the plastic fitting enclosed inside the plate.
    the fitting is the piece below # 16 and 17 on the diagram, the 16 is screwed onto this piece

i tried to find the part# but i could not, it seems like this fitting is not sold separatly, it is comming with the $ 200 plate.
    any idea where to find on like that or mybe making one?
    thank you
    frenchy

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JasonZE's Avatar

Re: rxt ride plate question

its part of the plate an i guess you now know that removing the plate wouldnt even help in removing the rope as simply removing the pump by the 4 main nuts will get access to the shaft.

for some reason seadoo changed the rideplate desing as the fitting you broke used to just screw into the top of the plate and was available seperate but now the threaded piece is just an insert that sits inside the plate and the fitting screws onto it.
    currently riding sxr or what ever has gas in it!!

PWCToday Regular

i have as plate that has one of those fittings that are good....i think if you take all those screws on top of the plate it will split giving access to the part you need to change. whats it worth to you PM me and make me an offer and ill take my plate apart and see how it comes out.

hello
    thank you guys for the answers, ordered the fitting # 16 a few days ago, will pick it up tomorrow morning and i will se how it comes, complete with the part i need or not.
    i will keep posting and let you know.
    if it does not come out good, i will pm you, tkrules 19 and will buy you this insert.
    thank you again
    frenchy

PWCToday Regular

Quote Originally Posted by cyrillefrenchy View Post
    hello
    thank you guys for the answers, ordered the fitting # 16 a few days ago, will pick it up tomorrow morning and i will se how it comes, complete with the part i need or not.
    i will keep posting and let you know.
    if it does not come out good, i will pm you, tkrules 19 and will buy you this insert.
    thank you again
    frenchy
    Yea let me know also if #16 comes with that piece i will buy a replacement for my ride plate to have it complete.

hello
    the # 16 does not come with the insert, too bad ...
    pm sent to" tkrules 19"
    thank you all
    frenchy

update
    i found the part # on the insert, it is :293710114 the price is $2.25....
    thank you all for your help
    the ski works great now
    frenchy

PWCToday Newbie

I have very similar problem on my 2003 3-tec SC. We tried removing to work on steering cable and when trying to pull plate for better access something began leaking from ride plate. When you removed yours did you have to access the coolant lines from inside the hull or were you able to make all the connections from under the boat? Also how hard was it getting the ride plate off with the sealant they use? What did you use to reseal the ride plate when you reinstalled? Thanks for any input you can offer.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Inside the hull are the two cooling lines from the water pump. You need to remove the spring clamps from the inside first or you will break the fittings from the ride plate. You are able to order the fittings separate but the part numbers are not listed and you either need to get the part numbers here or have the dealer call SD and get them. Be sure to remove the drain screw from the rear of the ride plate and open up the catch bottle to save the antifreeze.

Use "The Right Stuff" by permatax to seal the plate and fittings.

Also do not use the spring clamps they will rust and fail. Use a stainless worm gear clamp insted.
    Last edited by dank; 06-22-2009 at 08:30 AM.
    Providing service to all model Ski's in the Charlotte, Lake Wylie area.

PWCToday Newbie

Thanks Dank
    Great info. Will tackle the removal tomorrow and see if I can determine where the leak is coming from. Thanks again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information