Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 951 Carbs ??

PWCToday Newbie

951 Carbs ??

The fuel inlet on the carb that recieves fuel from the other carb seems to be clogged should that flow as easily as the main fuel inlet when i blow through with my mouth. It is the fuel inlet that looks like the pulse line on the carb with the inlet from the fuel tank. I have the plate off of the carbs and when I try to blow through it it seems clogged but not completely..

Thanks for any thoughts

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home SeaDooSource's Avatar

Re: 951 Carbs ??

I believe the line is restricted to the second carb and although I sell quite a few oem dual kits for those, I don't wrench on those often so hopefully others will chime in.
    OSD JetPump Rebuild Service here
    Heavy Duty RFI & DI Rectifier Upgrade here

Everything you ever wanted to know about Mikuni carbs here
    Complete Single & Dual Carb Rebuild Kits with OEM Mikuni Parts here

PWCToday Newbie

The line is designed to be restricted or it sounds like mine is restricted>> thanks

Tech Guru PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Watercraft Magic's Avatar

Just be darned sure it is NOT clogged. A piece of wire and some carb cleaner is a very good idea here.

Typically, restriced lines are those LEAVING the rear carb, not going into it.
    email Chris at Watercraft Magic cdofixr1@live.com

PWCToday Newbie

So I guesss what I am asking is if the fuel in to the PTO carb or (Back) Carb is supposed to be restricted or should it flow freely like the other one ??

Thanks

I got to wondering about this myself so I went out and checked two old 947 46 I carb plates, one that has "pulse" on it and one that goes to the rear carb that says "fuel" on it.

The pulse fitting blew through easily, the fuel fitting was more difficult to blow through.
    I sprayed carb cleaner into the fuel fitting and poked it with a wire and found some goop in it. I am now soaking it in carb cleaner and I plan to blast it out with 110 psi from the air compressor.

It makes no sense to me to restrict the fuel inlet fitting. Mikuni uses a restricted outlet fitting on most of their rear carbs on the "out" fitting to maintain even fuel pressures in both carbs.
    Last edited by Watercraft Magic; 04-21-2009 at 03:50 PM.

PWCToday Newbie

Well Mine is soaking in Carb cleaner also.. I rebuilt my 951 and cleaned the carbs, Replaced the fuel lines, cleaned the fuel selector valve and it just wont run right like it is missing in one cylinder. It will run but idles very odd. Both plugs have strong spark. I am puzzled so I went back to the carbs and found that inlet clogged or so I thought..

Hopefully thats it. Its starting to frustrate and about to got to a shop ??

Thanks for the help

You know, I kinda doubt it. If that fitting passed any quanity of fuel at all, it should run on both clyinders, at least until that carb got drained and became starved for fuel.

Anther thought I had is that we are comparing a fuel inlet with a pulse inlet. Whoever said they should flow the same volume ?

When I blew into the fuel inlet fitting on the fuel pump block, it flows easily.

I could easily see where that rear carb inlet fitting could collect the goop from the rotten oem fuel lines.

PWCToday Newbie

I blew through the main fuel inlet with the carb apart and it flowed very freely but the inlet that looks like the pulse to the back carb was what seemed to be clogged. I could get air through but took quite a bit of pressure. so I srayed some carb clean through and tried but still seemed clogged.. I dont know I am gonna soak in carb cleaner overnight and see what happens..

Thanks

what the heck are ya'll talking bout???

the pto carb front cover "that looks like a pulse line" is the return line of that carb. the fuel flow on pto carb goes into side at throttle linkage and out front cover. it is restricted at body of carb at inlet and return fitting on mag carb..

remember the 951 carbs have plumbing that messes everyone up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information