Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Rides

PWCToday Newbie

Louisiana Rides

Ladies and gentlemen, several of the members, from from Greenhulk.net, are trying to organize some rides in Louisiana and surrounding areas. See the following link, and shoot me a PM if you are interested. The activity in Louisiana seems to be picking up and we would like to include all PWC riders from Louisiana and immediate surround areas.

We also have a website that is accessible by invitation only. See the following link, and shoot me a PM if you are interested. --Jeremy

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...268#post967268
    Last edited by jpeconsult; 02-25-2009 at 11:39 AM.

PWCToday Newbie

Re: Louisiana Rides

14 views and no interest? Come on guys. We are actually planning a ride this Sunday. --Jeremy

(Reviving an old thread here so as to not start a new one...)

I know most of y'all are stand-up guys, but I was wondering what everyone was doing? We've had no winter to speak of... you guys should be bragging about getting out and about. I know I'll be out all weekend carving up some water - Hello Spring and CDST!

Curious if any PWCT folks were coming to Mudbug which is about a month out...?
    Looking for a new place to ride that PWC of yours? Follow me to PWCTrailFinder.com We're adding new
    trails every week with miles of water worth exploring -check us out today!

I ride over in Lake Charles... Anyone else near there?

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by stredman View Post
    I ride over in Lake Charles... Anyone else near there?
    Hey man I went yesterday out by the 210 bridge.. I try to ride as much as i can on wed. and thurs. on my days off but always up for trying to ride before or after work

Quote Originally Posted by DTA108 View Post
    Hey man I went yesterday out by the 210 bridge.. I try to ride as much as i can on wed. and thurs. on my days off but always up for trying to ride before or after work
    Been launching at Prien Lake Park launch. Usually out Sundays and Mondays. Headed out this Sunday for sure.

SE LA Rider be Advised!

I know LA doesn't get a lot of PWCToday forum traffic, but for anybody that does cruise the swamps down here, here is some FWIW:

To all SE LA riders: A recent acquisition by the state of LA now puts the extreme bottom end of the Tickfaw river, as well as the majority of the north shore of Lake Maurepas into the Maurepas Wildlife Management Area: http://theadvocate.com/home/4860550-...ies-grow-by-10

In case you are new to the area or aren't already familiar w/our states laws, PWCing in a WMA, in general is off limits. There are rare exceptions that grant a limited riding seasons & rules for certain WMAs - Maurepas is one of them. As per the current hunting regulations:

Vessels: Type A personal watercraft, model year 2003 and beyond, which are 8 or more feet in length, may be operated on Maurepas Swamp WMA from April 1 until the Monday after Labor Day Weekend, from sunrise to sunset only. No person shall operate such watercraft at a speed greater than “slow/no wake” within 100 feet of an anchored or moored vessel, shoreline, dock, pier, persons engaged in angling or any other manually powered vessel.

You should also take from this that all 2-stroke, pre-2003 model PWCs are now off limits.
    Last edited by 83Gator; 01-08-2013 at 11:12 AM.
    Looking for a new place to ride that PWC of yours? Follow me to PWCTrailFinder.com We're adding new

visiting LA

just throwing this out there, would be fun to ride warm weather, i will be down visiting family this week, anoyone have a spare boat to ride, ill cover gas and what not.

Re: visiting LA

Quote Originally Posted by stonge219 View Post
    just throwing this out there, would be fun to ride warm weather, i will be down visiting family this week, anoyone have a spare boat to ride, ill cover gas and what not.
    It's a shame you weren't down this past weekend. It was Spring Mudbug and we had quite a few out-of-staters come down and blast the bayous: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post2138114

Of course the real deal happens in June - I'd guess near 50 couches minimum and near 100 on a good year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information