Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    PWCToday Newbie

Re: Hawaii Introductions

Quote Originally Posted by SpearoPaul View Post
    No problem JD. I did email them several weeks ago and their website said they would get back to me within 3 days. Still has not happened...

What does the Coast Guard do with a 378' ship out at sea from Hawaii? Are you patrolling the NW islands? I've been wanting to go spearfishing up there but can't quite figure out if it would be legal or not.

-Paul
    Hmm. Well I don't know what would take them so long to reply to you.
    Hawaii is a great homeport for a 378' ship since it is in the middle of the pacific. Being out of Hawaii we get sent everywhere. We do a lot of south patrols down around the equator and around a lot of the small pacific island nations the US Govt. has aggreements with. Last patrol we were doing a lot of fisheries enforcement around the Samoas. Patrol before that we were around the Marshall Islands. Before that we were up in the gulf of alaska and the Bering Sea during the winter crab seasons...so we go all over. The smaller patrol boats do regular patrols around the local islands.
    05 SX-R

"Breakage is natures way of telling you its time to upgrade."

PWCToday Newbie

lol sounds like a Skiers Anonymus Meeting
    Everett Pestana
    new to this forum
    started riding back in 95, when i was 14.
    stopped for a few years and just starting to get back into it.
    i have a 95 waveraider ra700t, same ski i started out riding,
    jus decided to try and fix it now that i have the time and money.
    90% wave jumping, 10% around the island
    mostly launch from Haleiwa or Sand Island

Hey Guys!
    Jim here. Live in Ewa Beach. I launch most times at Hickam, or Sand Island, a few times out of Hawaii Kai. Mostly cruising around, some tow-at surfing (when flat and no one else out of course),Dive,Surf, Get Wet.
    04 Yamaha FX140

I look forward to meeting up with you all some time.

PWCToday Regular

Howzit guys,

The name is Joe and I'm a sign / graphic artist at sign shop in Kalihi (One Day Signs & Graphics).

I own a 2005 Honda Aquatrax R12 non-turbo with an HSA rescue sled.

Originally bought it for recreational riding. Then the sport of spearfishing fell onto my lap.

Hopefully Paul can take me out and show me the ropes some day (hint, hint).

Shoots, Joe

PWCToday Newbie

Sup Everyone,

This is Pat here....I'm actualli Joe's (jhip) cuzin. Got a Honda 3 seater Turbo, which I use to fish, dive, ride, jump waves, and whatever else there is to do on a ski, besides crash. New to this webs site because of jhip.
    And for those of you who can't make it to "Joe" at One Day Signs, come check me out at "Aloha Signs & Graphics" in Pearl City
    Sorry Joe....I had to stick my own plug in too

C-ya! Pat

PWCToday Newbie

Aloha everyone,

My name is Kel and I'm an Assistant General Manager with Fujifilm Hawaii. I don't have a PWC yet but have gone out with some of my friends that tow in on the Westside and I've rented PWCs while on vacation. I have a maxed out fishing kayak but have been thinking of selling it and getting a PWC so that I can spend more time with my kids. I know that they would have a blast and I can still get my fishing fix in. I'm just checking out the various sites to gather as much info as possible before deciding what to get. I still have a ton of questions so it may be a while, but I hope to see you guys out there soon!

Mahalo,
    Kel

Hi Kel,
    Welcome to the site. I used to have a maxed out fishing kayak myself. There's no going back after getting a PWC! I see that you're on the west side which is good since that area isn't as restrictive as the rest of Oahu on PWC use. Lucky you.

-Paul

PWCToday Newbie

Mahalo Paul. I'll let you guys know if and when I get a PWC and maybe we can get out there one day. Any recommendations on which brand of PWC to get? I was thinking of a Seadoo because of the closed loop cooling system but there are no dealers in Hawaii right? Is South Seas the only PWC dealer around? Don't know if service and repairs would be a big problem and outweigh the benefits.

Kel

Based on my research and what I was going to use the ski for (tow-in, long distance open-water riding to FADs for diving, and local wreck diving) I went with the Yamaha FXHO with the MR-1 engine. Has the best reviews/feedback for reliablity/endurance and decent gas mileage. Not as powerful or snazzy as some of the newer big-engine or forced induction models, but does the job just fine. It will go 55-56 MPH with a passenger while dragging a large HSA sled loaded up with dive gear. Also the hull shape/size gives a smoother ride than Honda at the expense of a higher planning speed.

Gotta figure out what you will use it for and go from there.

-Paul

PWCToday Regular

Hey Westside,

I used to own a Honda R12 Aquatrax non-turbo. It started up and ran great.

My cousin also owns one and wants to sell it since he rarely takes it out.

PM me if you want more details.

- Joe

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information