Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Mach 6 X2 build

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

Re: Mach 6 X2 build

Really busy getting Seadoos out the door but I got some spare time today and slipped the RFI engine in the ski and the alignment tool, the good news is that it's close and it is low, that means it will shim into place(no more grinding) and that it will create some clearance in places I was having issues with, WIN, WIN.

I also got in a Skat Trak 16/23 impeller, whoever said the impeller inserts were the same as a Kawi were wrong it didn't fit the Kawi Shaft, so I did some measuring the splines are basically the same what is different is the diameter of the driveshafts, the Seadoo is slightly smaller, so I broke out the belt grinder and made the diameter slightly smaller and with the help of some needle files I got the impeller to fit the shaft splines, with full engagement.

Now I need to install the impeller in the pump and see how it all fits up.I will throw up some pics tomorrow.
    Last edited by WFO Speedracer; 05-30-2020 at 07:13 PM.
    Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

WWSRD , What would Speed Racer do ?

That is a big win.

So today was the day I found out what was what. impeller is in the pump, new wear ring in the pump, driveshaft in, dampner in, engine in and it doesn't all line up, but it's close. It needs to go back about 3/8 -1/2 of an inch, so I start looking for places I can cheat, a spacer behind the rear engine mount bracket , that picks up an 1/8 inch, I machined about 1/8 off of the engine coupler .

I say machined , I use that term loosely as I don't own machining equipment , but I do have a table saw with a carbide blade, it may or may not look like something a beaver chewed up .

Next I removed the coupler from the driveshaft and removed the shoulder off the back of the coupler with the magic eraser on the angle grinder making the back flat.

, I rethread it back on the driveshaft and reinstall everything and there it is. I am taking the couplers to my machinist to true up and maybe get a smidge more clearance, but I think I have it pretty much whipped.

It is hard to tell from the pic but the driveshaft ends up pretty much dead center of the driveshaft tube.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by WFO Speedracer; 06-01-2020 at 08:46 PM.
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

Quote Originally Posted by WFO Speedracer View Post
    I say machined , I use that term loosely as I don't own machining equipment , but I do have a table saw with a carbide blade, it may or may not look like something a beaver chewed up .
    If it gets the job done, and the product works then who cares.
    80 SurfJet 9ft White Build Here: http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=492092&p=4550438#post4550438
    82 JS440 / 550 Swap Build Here:
    http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=491239&p=4543624#post4543624
    '92 750sx Barn Find Build Here:
    http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=493981&p=4561610#post4561610
    '95 Yamaha Wave Raider 700
    '97 Yamaha SuperJet Build Here: http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=494510&p=4564967#post4564967
    '16 Yamaha VXR

It will defiantly need to be trued up in a lathe, I found a local guy with a lot of toys, he should be able to handle this easily

in the rickters they use a spacer on the threads of the midshaft in your case the driveshaft to make up the distance, this could be eaisly done to save you some complication
    95 HX 951 Mod Rossier exhaust, MSD TL, BlackJack 48's, Skat 148
    98 XPL limited COffman, 48mm Novi's, Skat pump 148
    91 X2 Mod 805 HPE, COffman Dry Pipe, Pixy and Unicorn dust

So I found the original rear engine bracket and on a hunch I installed it and rechecked everything, now everything is spaced properly , no additional machining will be needed .

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
    Blog Entries

Awesome build!
    triceps are the biceps of the back of your arm.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread Information