Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home 'Crockett's Avatar

Re: B-pipe vs Limited vs Pro tec

The Factory pipe head pipes for Yamaha's are stamped "B" pipe like the picture above . . . . . contrary to other statements made here all Factory Pipe head pipes are not the same.

Some early Kawi models I've seen did not have the "B" pipe marking nor did they have the three adjustment screws.

The SXR "Wet" pipe, though it looks the same is also different than the Yamaha head pipe and does not carry the "B" pipe markings. The SXR head pipe is actually longer that the Yamaha head pipe, the extra length is on the mounting flange end where it bolts to the exhaust manifold. I don't know if this is also true of the SXI, SXI Pro and sit down versions of the Kawi wet pipes . . . . . as I've only had experience with the SXR pipe.

There are actually about 8 different chambers that have been produced by Factory Pipe at one time or another that work with the basic Yamaha "B" pipe set up as well as 3 that were made by aftermarket companies. There are 3 different versions of Factory Pipe exhaust manifolds for the basic Yamaha "B" pipe set up also . . . . . .

Last edited by 'Crockett; 01-07-2009 at 09:15 AM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home FLWAVEBLASTER's Avatar

dont quote me but i had my chamber welded by a local machine shop once and they told me the thing is made from some sort of stainless/aluminuim/moon alloy. in other words either they were yankin' my chain and didnt know what they were doing or wanted to sound cool..... this was a place that makes roll in docks so they weld aluminum all day. they said it took a few tries to get the weld right because they couldnt find out what kind of metal it was....i thought it was just plain ol' aluminum

Quote Originally Posted by Fox
    B pipe actually refers to the head pipe that goes from the exhaust manifold to the chamber. It is not yamaha specific, In fact the term B pipe refers to the part of the pipe that is universally interchangable between MOST of their pipes. The B pipe goes from a a kawi to a yama motor with no changes. It has the 3 water tuning screws to really let you fine tune the pipe. However B-pipe is the common name that is used to refer to the entire system

As for comparison to riva red pipe to a b pipe... the FPP pipe will blow the bottom out of the riva red. Mids and tops will be similar, but the bottom end there will be no comparison, the riva wont touch it. I know this because Ive used them on my boat back to back.

The superjet chambers are aluminum, the blaster chambers are stainless steel.
    Limited gives a bit more low end, and the mod chambers give more peak power.

I have a blaster mod chamber if anyone wants it.
    1994 WB1 Speedwerx boat
    1997 GP1200 stage 1

WWW.THEFLPROJECT.COM

WWW.TCJETPILOTS.COM
    WWW.USEDBOATWORLD.NET

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home 'Crockett's Avatar

I believe that there have been Stainless and aluminum versions of the Blaster mod chamber, I don't know that they were any odd ball types of stainless or aluminum though . . . . so your chain yanking theory may be correct ! . . . . . . .

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home FLWAVEBLASTER's Avatar

some times i yank my own chain
    1994 WB1 Speedwerx boat
    1997 GP1200 stage 1

WWW.THEFLPROJECT.COM

WWW.TCJETPILOTS.COM
    WWW.USEDBOATWORLD.NET

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    B pipe actually refers to the head pipe that goes from the exhaust manifold to the chamber. It is not yamaha specific, In fact the term B pipe refers to the part of the pipe that is universally interchangable between MOST of their pipes. The B pipe goes from a a kawi to a yama motor with no changes. It has the 3 water tuning screws to really let you fine tune the pipe. However B-pipe is the common name that is used to refer to the entire system

As for comparison to riva red pipe to a b pipe... the FPP pipe will blow the bottom out of the riva red. Mids and tops will be similar, but the bottom end there will be no comparison, the riva wont touch it. I know this because Ive used them on my boat back to back.

The superjet chambers are aluminum, the blaster chambers are stainless steel.
    Limited gives a bit more low end, and the mod chambers give more peak power.

I have a blaster mod chamber if anyone wants it.

Hey I'm only a few years late but... still got that chamber?

Quote Originally Posted by GooseChkn View Post
    Hey I'm only a few years late but... still got that chamber?
    Last edited by Saltwater n premix; 12-31-2018 at 12:24 PM.
    2017 GP1800
    98 Super Jet
    96 WB1
    91 Super Jet
    93 WB1

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information