» wallpapers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PWCToday Regular

Re: Poor Stewards of Our Trust

what?
    New to the site, Not the sport.

Hellwoman Moderator

SEEMS like you(hellwoman) need another outlet to channel some negative energy, I haven't called you any names, or put you down personally, yet you continue to try and belittle me for my own Fu$king OPINION!!! YOU DON'T KNOW ME!!! I'm NOT A POSER!! Bi^@#!! So, I'm dropping this thread since you think your opinion is the only one that matters. GOOD LUCK SAVING THE WORLD, MAYBE YOU CAN CALL ON YOUR PRESIDENT ELECT! HE'S GOING TO HELP EVERYONE!!! MAYBE HE'LL CHANGE THE LAWS SO YOU CAN RIDE 5000 NAUTICAL MILES OF NOTHING!!!! HERE'S AN IDEA, WHY DON'T YOU MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE!! GO PICK UP A BAGFULL OF TRASH!! and I'm out.

I'm not negative, but that is your opinion, seems you are more interested in bashing your community and problems it faces than you are doing something constructive about it. That's your call, not mine.

If you have an opinion that is relative and intelligent to solving problems, post it, if not please do leave the thread and this website or get active in our community and channel your energy into something positive that will make a difference.

We don't need posers on this forum that just spew their mouth on threads because they can hide behind an avatar and yes, that includes you and anyone else.

Quote me.
    Last edited by Shawn Alladio; 11-25-2008 at 03:03 AM.

resident guru

Whether it be Local, State, or Federal, if the government tells us to act in a particular way, it can jeopardize our freedom to ride.

There are many locations across the United States that are only accessible by a PWC.

I am not a surfer, nor do I pretend to be one, but belive surfing comes from the soul. The freedom to be one with the wave.

Now, as far as personally attacking a woman of great knowledge of rules and regulations that pertain to the use of PWC is a bit beyond my comprehension. Do you know who Shawn is and what she stands for? Do you take the time to research before you type/speak? Do you really find it appropriate to use profanity when posting on public forums? What is your profession? I am just curious.

Knowledge is power, and God has put me on this earth to learn as much as I can about everything that crosses my path.

Shawn, I praise your tenacity to protect what is right. Has anyone ever looked at government studies as to the harm a PWC does to the environment? I have read studies on my local lake that have knocked my socks off. I was educated and a bit wiser...

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Alladio
    Whining?

Have you not looked around at how many waterways have closed to PWC access? How long you been riding? I've seen 2/3 of my original water access slip away since I began.

This is 5,000 miles of water access. There are 13 sanctuaries. Each one can adopt and use the restrictions in one and apply to another.

You need to get more involved in truths and accountabilities if you own a PWC and ride. And if none of you should be selfish enough to think it's only about you, its about all of us. This is suppossed to be a community.

Posts like that just reinforce the stereotype of operator attitude.

This is Federal. Federal supercedes State, which overlays Local.

You better be scared and think twice about the ramifications for access across America.

It's not what government does, its what WE THE PEOPLE like youself allow government to do.

When was the last time any of you wrote a letter on behalf of another fellow PWC owner in another area or state?

Divided we fall, united we Stand, I think that statement is used somewhere here isn't it?

Are you willing to give up the place you ride tomorrow because everyone is losing priviliges? Are you willing to stay weak minded in thought and apathy or are you willing to stand up and fight for something?

I think you already answered that.

You are a poser.
    The major problem here is that many Federal, State, City and local agencys are looking to restrict use of our waterways in one way or another to everyone.

We the people are the trustees of those oceans, rivers, lakes, ponds and other bodies of water in the world.

If it was not for the effort of people like Shawn, Chris Mantos and thousands of others we will wake up one morning not having any rights to use any waterway. I have not studied this issue, but the federal courts have ruled time and time against the closure of waterways for one type of water use. The problem comes when ruling bodies make rules that have not done the proper impact studies and conducted countless public forums. Those studies take 5-10 years.

Thank you Shawn for caring.....Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny//414\\
    SEEMS like you(hellwoman) need another outlet to channel some negative energy, I haven't called you any names, or put you down personally, yet you continue to try and belittle me for my own Fu$king OPINION!!! I'm NOT A POSER!! Bi^@#!! So, I'm dropping this thread since you think your opinion is the only one that matters. GOOD LUCK SAVING THE WORLD, MAYBE YOU CAN CALL ON YOUR PRESIDENT ELECT! HE'S GOING TO HELP EVERYONE!!! MAYBE HE'LL CHANGE THE LAWS SO YOU CAN RIDE 5000 NAUTICAL MILES OF NOTHING!!!! HERE'S
    Shawn has a fleet of people behind her supporting the cause, she is not alone - she just happens to be the most knowledgeable and articulate on this matter. Therefore many of us look to her for wisdom and direction. Why? because she's right the vast majority of the time. Most of us understand the magnitude of the situation, specifically that they intend to continue South with their bans.... and they are going after Florida and Michigan as well. Then, where next?? This is an issue of precedent and they struck a major blow against us last week. On some of the "surfer" sites they laugh and taunt about how they will take out Southern Cal as well. We must continue to fight them on every front and do so in a professional and ethical manner. They will not stop until they have us off the water. None of us should take any of this lightly - I suggest we take this as a wake up call and all work together to protect our right to ride.
    Last edited by SoCaloffshore; 11-25-2008 at 11:54 AM.
    www.pwcoffshore.com
    Long Beach To Catalina and Back Offshore National Championship DVD
    R&D Racing Products, Hydro-Turf, Fly Racing
    www.jetskioffshore.com
    www.pwcoffshoreforums.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/31192104@N04/

Hellwoman Moderator

PWIA (Personal Watercraft Industry Association) position letter on the MBNMS PWC ban...
    Attached Images Attached Images

The sins of PWC past are the reason for all the trouble. They do not care about the environment when enacting these bans. They are more worried about their budget and not having to add extra patrols to police PWC use. There is no way someone can tell me a water jet can damage a reef or bed or an animal in the water more than a rigid metal fin moving at same speed with a open exposed propellor. This, as it has always been is nothing more than a witch hunt perpetrated by wealthy waterfont owners to get rid of something they see as a nuisance. They are leveraging the unfortunately negative side of our sport and using it as a way to prove their point with words only, not science. Kind of a "soft terrorism" if you will. IF we loose one area of any signifigance, it will only add fuel to the fire and we could loose areas that we actually do want to ride. I agree there are areas where PWC's should not be, but those areas should be off limits to powered boats as well. I personally know some "extremists" on this issue and believe me, PWC's are only a small part of what they are after. If we fuel their fire and give a victory to closing alot of PWC areas, they will get bored and come after motorcycles, fishing, hunting, and yes, Surfing too. I was told to my face once that I was nothing more than a piece of S**T for riding one of these. Funny, I am the one who designed all the fiber optic telecom lines that they use to spew their rhetoric, the guy with me who also was chastised is an attending ER surgeon who works at the hospital for the area. We did nothing more than ride up to the ramp at idle speed and tie up. Prior to that we were crusing from one end of the lake to the other.

Not the answer to the problem but a great start!

All who have real concern for these matters should send letters to the City of Monterey, County of Monterey, The Monterey Bay Aquarium", The California State Tourism board AND Surfrider. In the letter you should state how you have canceled your plans to visit the area because of the restrictions on PWC. Let them know what kind of budget you will be spending in Las Vegas or Havasu now that your plans have changed.

The new reg's are in place because The Aquarium, with financial help from Surfrider, have agreed to spend the dollars to "Maintain" the area. The bottom line is EXACTLY that, the bottom line.

Also,

Those in the area should let their elected officials know that the NOAA is making the decisions we elected them to make.... that'll p*** em off !
    Last edited by NV 05; 12-01-2008 at 01:22 PM.

Hellwoman Moderator

Feds Ban Jet Ski Surfing In Northern California

December 2, 2008 7:34 a.m. EST

David Goodhue - AHN Reporter
    San Francisco, CA (AHN) - The sport of tow-in surfing in central California is about to be dealt a blow.

The sport revolves around surfers being towed into waves by personalized watercraft because the waves are too big and fast for traditional padel surfing.

But environmentalists have long criticized the sport because they say the PWCs pollute the ocean.

The federal government this year agreed and the practice is being banned in much of the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary. This will affect surfers at beaches from Monterey to Half Moon Bay.

The only exception will be at the popular big-wave spot, Mavericks, where tow-in surfing will be allowed on days the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration issues high-surf advisories.

The surfing community is divided on the issue. Some surfers agree with environmentalists that PWCs are too polluting, and others consider themselves traditionalists who don't see the challenge in being towed into a wave.

The ban goes into effect on Feb. 1, 2009.

Feds Ban Jet Ski Surfing In Northern California | AHN | December 3, 2008

Not only do they ban jet ski surfing, they BAN all PWC related activity, and do not seclude other boats, this is a biased attack on our community without fair data or representation on behalf of NOAA and Surfrider.

Shawn is a stand-up hellwoman and her involvement in protecting the PWC community and our right to ride is nothing short of amazing.

Sonny.... Beach clean-up... "Go and fill up a trash bag" huh? That does make a nice, albeit rather microscopic impact. Even better, why don't you organize beach-clean up events? I started out with Surfrider and a few plastic bags. I eventually moved on to organizing my own events which is even better.

We're comparing apples to oranges here though. You're about cleaning up a beach. Shawn's about our rights, what's right and wrong, and the American way.

I will not renew my surfrider membership. Instead I signed up the wife and myself for AWA memberships.

http://www.awahq.org/

-Paul

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information