• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ang4th
    Resident Guru
    • Aug 2003

JETMATE owners thread ...

we could start by posting a few pics of our own jetmates and could also post lincs to other jetmate specific threads here ,,,

here is mine .. dropped a 750 into and SS impeller .. some cavitaion issues but not too bad now .. if you load it down too heavy you have to turn while getting up on plane to get it on plane ( with 4 on board ) with one or two on board no real caviation issues .. kids love the little boat .. so do I
    bought a second one .. its for sale ..
    Attached Files
    "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Hamilton Ontario Canada . need old school Kawasaki 650 , 750 or some basic superjet parts and you are within Canada ? message me I may have parts available
  • fhhuber
    PWCToday Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: JETMATE owners thread ...

No pics of mine yet...

SBT rebuilt 650, 28 mm pull-down carb, feeding it pre-mix 40:1.

Seats reupholstered white with blue trim. Stuck an ancient trolling motor on the nose. hooked up lights and installed a fish finder...

Its now a mini fishing boat.

Its only rated for 3 people... 4 is unsafe by definition.

I'll have to try the turning to get on plane trick though... with a second heavier guy in back all mine was doing was raising the nose higher and higher. I figured it was time to let off the throttle when water started comming in over the back.
    Sold it

Comment

• nyjetmate
      PWCToday Newbie
      • Jul 2008

I would like to see the pictures i am setting mine up to fish with rodholders ,fishfinder,gps and i am going to make a flat platform to fit the rear seat area as a fishing platform.this boat is going to be great for flats fishing!
      Attached Files

Comment

• #4 Unapproved

here is mine.
        Attached Files

Comment

• ang4th
          Resident Guru
          • Aug 2003

here is the one I just bought .. I will be selling now or in the spring with a 650 with fresh top end .. seats were recoevered just before prev owner discovered rainwater filled up the engine .. that has to be the biggest flaw in these boats .. they look like a bath tub .. and act like one .. they realy need a better drain plug the damn water is halfway up the engine with the one they have designed ( if on the trailer and unpluged, and not clogged )
          Attached Files
          "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Hamilton Ontario Canada . need old school Kawasaki 650 , 750 or some basic superjet parts and you are within Canada ? message me I may have parts available

Comment

• fhhuber
            PWCToday Guru
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by ang4th
            here is the one I just bought .. I will be selling now or in the spring with a 650 with fresh top end .. seats were recoevered just before prev owner discovered rainwater filled up the engine .. that has to be the biggest flaw in these boats .. they look like a bath tub .. and act like one .. they realy need a better drain plug the damn water is halfway up the engine with the one they have designed ( if on the trailer and unpluged, and not clogged )
            First line of defence from them filling up is to add a float switch which can turn on the bilge pump even if the master switch is off. Then check the battery charge regularly. (because that pump might pull the battery down if you ignore it all winter)

The bilge pump leaves about 1/4 inch of water in there... so store it nose high and allow for good airflow to let it dry if you don't want to be going out with a shop-vac after every rain. (even if it has a tarp over it...) Nose high also tends to flow the water back to the deck level drains

If the seal between the doghouse over the engine and the deck is good, then most of the water should drain out the gravity drain. (if the correct deck drain plug is open and the transom plug is out) But these are so old now that most will need the weatherstripping replaced by now. I just ordered some from JC Witney. If it is the right stuff (hard to tell without actually seeing it...) then I'll post the catalog number. 13 ft for $27 including shipping. One kit shold do the doghouse with maybe enough left over for the engine hatch.
            Sold it

Comment

• Sarge707
              Resident Guru
              • Jan 2006

They look Great for a young family or Fishing and you probably can,t beat the fuel cost!
              "The Hull Makes the Difference"
              89SP, 91XP, 93XP, 93WBlaster 94XP, 95HX, 95XP-L, 96GSX, 97XP, 98XP-L, 2002GTX, 2003 GTX-SC, 2008 RXT-X Superski , 09 Spyder Can Am Roadster.The End!

Comment

• ahavnaer
                PWCToday Newbie
                • Jul 2007

how big is the engine compartment, has anyone converted to a larger displacement engine with more horsepower.

Comment

• fhhuber
                  PWCToday Guru
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by ahavnaer
                  how big is the engine compartment, has anyone converted to a larger displacement engine with more horsepower.
                  There's LOTS of room in there...
                  Maybe 4 inches more height.
                  Eliminate the oil injection tank and the bracket its mounted in and do a little glasswork to extend the bilgewell forward and you could alnost stick two 650's in in tandem...

Width is an issue due to the exhaust...

There have been reports of 750's being dropped in with essentially no modification.

The way mine performs... the first place to go to improve it is most likely the impeller. Maybe the entire pump should be upgraded.

75% throttle it gets up on plane.
                  60% throttle will hold it on plane.
                  Going past 80% doesn't do enything except make the engine spin faster.. the boat actually slows down if I go above 90%. (positive indication of cavitation)
                  Sold it

Comment

• tweeker
                    Resident Guru
                    • Apr 2003

The 750 upgrade is more than enough power with the correct pitch like a 14/19 solas and u got a rippin jetmate
                    1987 wetbike silverstreak
                    1987 Yamaha exciter 570
                    1988 wetbike silverstreak
                    1989 x2 750 superstock
                    1991 SC Piped 750
                    1994 Kawasaki SC piped 750
                    1996 Yamaha Vmaxx 600
                    2005 SXR stock
                    2006 SXR1100
                    2006 grizzly 660
                    2015 fzr sorta stock
                    2015 FX SHO
                    2016 FZR sorta stock

Comment

• fhhuber
                      PWCToday Guru
                      • Nov 2007

Which would be the correct impeller if keeping the 650?
                      (maybe upgrading carb to 38 mm I know where to get one cheap)
                      Sold it

Comment

• h20rocket
                        PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
                        • Jul 2002

here's a video of me and trailbikepete's jetmate

I got pics but there on a disc somewhere

Comment

• ang4th
                          Resident Guru
                          • Aug 2003

that seond jetmate i have I added a picture of the engine bay fullof water to show the level water will get to even with drain plug out .. on the trailer .. if the bilge is off ..
                          on my other jetmate i have a 750 dual carb engine installed runs great and fast ( fast for a jetmate these things are not made for speed ) I also have a flat switch installed so water auto matically is drained out .. i still dont trust it though as it once becake blocked by a small stick .. i just reversed polarity and spun pump backwards to get it going after putting in a new fuse ..
                          for winter i raised the nose a bit tarped it up AND added a weak battery that has plenty of power for a bilge ( not enough to rely on to start the boat though ) so just as a precation .. i didnt want to leave my good battery in all winter ,,

Comment

• BlueBreadTruck
                            • May 2006

those things are really pretty cool

not for a serious performance ski, but I bet they are great for fishing, and cruising, exploring creeks....

I have to keep my eyes open for one of those,,,

The one with the fishfinders, rod holders is BADASS!!!

Where did you find that bikini top?
                            Last edited by BlueBreadTruck; 11-15-2008, 11:49 PM.
                            86' Kawasaki X-2 800cc
                            Sm pin 750 at 83mm, 40mm bored SXR carbs, FPP B pipe with Blaster chamber, Skat 14/19 Swirl
                            89' Kawasaki X-2 1100
                            ZXI 1100 triple, 96' carbs, OP f/a's, Skat 16/22 C-75 Swirl
                            95' Yamaha Waveblaster 1
                            Reliable stock backup ski

Comment

• 'Crockett
                              • May 2004

Believe it or not they used to race them ! . . . . . Just ask Harry Klemm of Group K !

Comment

Working...
                              X