» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 279 of 279 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 2790
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
    Blog Entries

Re: JETMATE owners thread ...

Quote Originally Posted by rickpalen View Post
    I have a jet mate that starts and runs but sounds awful and is pretty doggy on the water. There are a few swollen places in the fiberglass. There are some water leaks in the hull where some of the lines pass through. Otherwise, it really looks pretty good. Several pieces were deleted by the previous owner like the bilge and the water box muffler and the reverse lever. My wife loves the idea of this little boat. We saw one running locally and it looked like a lot of fun. Does anyone know someone or somewhere I can take this to get a restoration and possibly even a larger engine swap done? I am in southeast Missouri but I have a trailer and am not averse to traveling.
    You are better off doing it yourself. These things are pretty easy to work on and lots of info in this thread. Or your best bet is to buy one already done and sell the one you have now.

Some solid advice here as well.

https://www.tiktok.com/@stretch715/v...urce=messenger

Quote Originally Posted by Quinc View Post
    You are better off doing it yourself. These things are pretty easy to work on and lots of info in this thread. Or your best bet is to buy one already done and sell the one you have now.

Some solid advice here as well.

https://www.tiktok.com/@stretch715/v...urce=messenger
    Great advice!
    MAGA 2024

From my post that started 6 years ago. I finally finished my STX bottom jetmate. Well... done with some tweaks left but its on the water and running. Here is a video of the walk around.

https://youtu.be/8f_dkrgCCKM

I dream skis

Quote Originally Posted by TMali View Post
    From my post that started 6 years ago. I finally finished my STX bottom jetmate. Well... done with some tweaks left but its on the water and running. Here is a video of the walk around.

https://youtu.be/8f_dkrgCCKM
    Damn, that looks good! Nice job....
    06 SXR Limited, a couple of modded RNs, and WAY too much other crap !!!!!!

Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blog Entries

Tried to squeeze in a kawa 750 bpipe headpipe and chamber, but no luck on the 701. Even without the water box I dont think it will line up right. Has anyone tried a yamaha blaster mod pipe? Will it clear the doghouse?

bpipe.jpg

Blog Entries

Pipe didn't fit so modded the stocker. Pipe went from cool to the touch to hot.
    288124502_5783674348331234_4722967992608286032_n.jpg
    289263592_5783674188331250_319902253648227968_n.jpg

Here's some updated odds and ends on my hot tub build.,
    Everytime that I took this thing out it overheated. To the point where I was melting hoses and warping the head, and snuffing gaskets. That was getting old, real quick...so, I dove into modding the cooling system, converting to dual 1/2" lines. My last 2 test sessions, lately, were successful, and I feel like my overheating issues are now in the rear view mirror. Also, I took the opportunity while the stern was opened up to redo the exhaust plumbing. I have to say that it was staggering how poorly Kawasaki built these things. The foam in the stern was completely saturated and the cheap pvc conduits and electrical tape connections was comical. I had read about all of this...but, it wasn't until I got inside this thing, that I saw firsthand how bad it was put together. It's no surprise at all, why these things ran hot and overheated left and right. The single water line that I pulled out of this thing was less than 3/8" to begin with. And, on the ends, the flare necked it down to about 1/4". The aluminum that kawasaki used was cheap pot metal and the line was rotted out. There were numerous holes in the water line that were pumping cooling water directly into the foam in the stern!
    IMG_5542.JPGIMG_5579.JPGIMG_5624.JPGIMG_6176.JPGIMG_6642.JPGIMG_6487.JPG
    Last edited by AAquaholic; 06-21-2022 at 02:54 PM.

Frequent Poster

Quote Originally Posted by AAquaholic View Post
    Everytime that I took this thing out it overheated. To the point where I was melting hoses and warping the head, and snuffing gaskets. That was getting old, real quick...so, I dove into modding the cooling system, converting to dual 1/2" lines. My last 2 test sessions, lately, were successful, and I feel like my overheating issues are now in the rear view mirror. Also, I took the opportunity while the stern was opened up to redo the exhaust plumbing. I have to say that it was staggering how poorly Kawasaki built these things. The foam in the stern was completely saturated and the cheap pvc conduits and electrical tape connections was comical. I had read about all of this...but, it wasn't until I got inside this thing, that I saw firsthand how bad it was put together. It's no surprise at all, why these things ran hot and overheated left and right. The single water line that I pulled out of this thing was less than 3/8" to begin with. And, on the ends, the flare necked it down to about 1/4". The aluminum that kawasaki used was cheap pot metal and the line was rotted out. There were numerous holes in the water line that were pumping cooling water directly into the foam in the stern!
    clean install!

Quote Originally Posted by AAquaholic View Post
    love your helmet!
    MAGA 2024

Page 279 of 279 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279

Thread Information