Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hellwoman Moderator

Remembering our Nation's Veterans

PWCtoday.com and Our K38 Family would like to extend our gratitude and thankfulness for the men and women in our Nation's Armed Forces who sacrifice their personal lives on our behalf in order for we, the citizens of the United States continue enjoying the Freedom that our Forebrears scripted in the US Constitution and our Bill of Rights.

We salute the collective honor of our nation's service personnel and warriors and on this day of reminders, we celebrate your dedication.

K38 Family

Picture of my Daughter Kyla at the age of 1 1/2

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...ag1yearold.jpg

Re: Remembering our Nation's Veterans

Home of the FREE

BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE
    50 50 chance ! try. "Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes!"

resident guru

My father, nephew, and I went to the Veterans day parade. It was beautiful and very moving. As we waited for the parade down McCulloch, a very kind lady walked up to my dad and said "Thank you for serving our country". My dad and I looked at each other and just started to smile. He was not wearing anything that remotely looked like he was a veteran. It must have been the proud smile he had on his face anticipating the start of the parade. (My dad did serve in the Army as an MP during the early 60's)

As the colors paraded in front of us we stood tall and placed our hands over our hearts. My dad saluted, and I waved my little flag. I began to cry....I was so over whelmed with the pride that these ladies and gentlemen carried with them, knowing the pain, suffering and sadness that they had to go through to get to where they are today. Thankful that they were carrying the flag and shedding a tear for the ones that will never have that opportunity. Small children were being pulled in wagons waving their flags and saying "Thank you Veterans"

The parade continued with the High School band playing some old time favorites in memory of those who have served in peace time and war time. I was so proud.

After the parade there was a ceremony at Wheeler Park (Small grassy park across from Kmart) it started at exactly at 11:00 am on the 11th day of the 11th month. I never knew the significance of those numbers until yesterday.

Every Tuesday night I go to the VFW to play bingo with my parents. I have come to know and love many of the post members. One 82 year old gentleman has become a very good friend and a strong example of life and moving on. He started the ceremony with a prayer of love lost and hope yet to come. Once again I wiped the tears from my cheeks. He served in the Navy and fought tooth and nail for our country and endured bombings on his ship that could have cost him his life. He stood up there very frail looking, but proud to have served his country.

I saw him this past Tuesday night at bingo and told him how much I appreciated him and his kind words of love, hope and prayers.

Lee and I know that it does not take a lot of effort to pick up that phone, open up and email, or send a letter by snail mail to the people in our lives, and tell them how much they are appreciated. Those few words will last a lifetime.

Hellwoman Moderator

Kay, thanks to you and yours for your sincerities and Patriotism.

Let a Vet know you care, like you say, it doesn't take much effort to be and show thankfulness.

America-Home of the Brave
    Shawn
    Last edited by Shawn Alladio; 11-13-2008 at 11:59 PM.

Thanks to all of our vetrans

I love to here from the people that support us. I would just like to thank all of you for acknowledging the hardships that my fellow service members and I endure to fight for the freedoms we as Americans often take for granted. Its things like this that really keep me going, that make me hold my hold my head high every time I see our flag flying. Once again, thank you for all of your support.

Serving Proudly,
    Johnson, Anthony D. Petty Officer. USN

I also really appreciate all the support, it means more than most realize. When **** gets rough for us, it gives us a place to go mentally if that makes any sense. Thank you all for not shunning us like many from my home area!
    - Corporal Parvin, Brett USMC

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home The Greygoose's Avatar

God bless them all.

PWCToday Newbie

Thanks very much

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home sxr951's Avatar

USA home of the paper tiger led by president pantywaist bama and Bush stand by and watch missles fly closer and closer by north korea and soon Iran. China has been building war ships like their going out of style. Those other countrys see we have never been weaker. They laugh at obama and gave him a rapper gold chain as he bowed and lowered his head to accept it. Our military today isnt the great killing machine it once was, now people join just so they can have their babys delivered for free. Russian soldiers as part of their training punch each other in the face! We are in trouble.. big trouble.
    Last edited by sxr951; 06-12-2009 at 08:08 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information