» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hellwoman Moderator

GPS based watercraft tracking device

BlackLine GPS Intros GPS-based Watercraft Tracking Device
    By Rajani Baburajan
    TMCnet Contributing Editor

BlackLine GPS, a provider of location-based awareness and tracking solutions, has announced the introduction of Harpoon, a GPS-based watercraft recovery and tracking device, to its portfolio of products.

Harpoon, the company claims, is the boating industry’s first active recovery solution. It is powered by Global Positioning System (GPS) technology, by which it can continuously monitor the automatically configured GPS security perimeter and detect any unauthorized activity within the perimeter.

For example, if anyone moves the watercraft outside the security perimeter illegally, Harpoon instantly alerts the BlackLine Recovery Service, triggering recovery procedures, BlackLine said.

At the core of Harpoon is BlackLine Aura technology, a wireless detection service that detects the proximity of the supplied MyPass keyfob to automatically arm/disarm its security function. When a genuine user enters proximity to Harpoon, it automatically disarms, and as soon as they leave the proximity, Harpoon automatically configures a GPS security perimeter and enters its armed security mode. Harpoon is the first product to feature Aura technology, the company said.

Another important feature of Harpoon is BlackLine’s UltimateSense GPS antenna technology, which provides optimum satellite tracking for the entire system. Because of the efficiency of this system, Harpoon may be installed in a discreet, hidden location and does not require a costly installation similar to other marine electronics systems. Harpoon is enclosed in a compact weather-sealed pack (IP67).

“Harpoon is designed to provide peace of mind for watercraft owners that their watercraft is secure. If their vessel is ever stolen, the BlackLine Recovery Service works with the authorities to quickly recover the watercraft for the owner,” said Patrick Rousseau, president of BlackLine.

BlackLine’s product line includes GPS Snitch, Blip, Harpoon, LonerGPS, LonerMobile, and LonerPortal. Harpoon is compatible with BlackLine’s user account and supports GPS Snitch auto security and tracking device and Blip application for BlackBerry (News - Alert) smartphones. Users can log on to their account from an Internet browser and track Harpoon in real-time with the help of a location scheduler that automates GPS tracking.

Harpoon requires a two-wire power connection and is compatible with both 12VDC and 24VDC power systems. The system can be wired to watercraft’s battery system and the battery level can be remotely monitored online by logging into the user account. Also, an automated messaging system notifies owners by sending an email or a text message (SMS) to the mobile phone when the battery level becomes low.

To further ensure functionality in case of total failure of power supply, Harpoon is provided with internal rechargeable 2-day battery backup system, which will automatically get activated upon power disconnection after notifying the owner about it.

Harpoon also features BlackLine’s sharing technology to allow users to share their watercraft location with others and share their journey with their friends and relatives in real time.

http://satellite.tmcnet.com/topics/s...ing-device.htm

Re: GPS based watercraft tracking device

At least someones making it tougher on the thieves!! I got to have a couple of these babies!!! Finally some smart technology for security and safety !!!! Great post Shawn!!!
    MACKZILLA JETUNLIMITED

Sounds great!

I can't find any price info other than $19.99 a month for service...

Anybody?

-Paul

Shawn great !

i will add something alse from my self for all ocean riders,big lakes,even big rivers.....riders

this is just from my long time experience in open water around the glob

as we know Jeremy story ....... here is very simple thing - SPOT Personal Satellite Tracking

Here is some short info...

Introducing SPOT - The World's First Satellite Messenger.
    SPOT gives you a vital line of communication with friends and family when you want it and emergency help when you need it. SPOT is compact, rugged and easy to use. And since SPOT uses 100% satellite technology, it works virtually anywhere. Even where cell phones don't.

SPOT is the world's first satellite messenger. In the event of a minor mishap, SPOT lets you request non-emergency help from friends or family. Or if things get truly out of hand, you can call in the cavalry via 9-1-1. In additions, SPOT lets you send a message to friends and family so they know you're okay, allows them to track your progress and even saves your waypoints for later - all with virtual views provided by Google Maps™.

And since it's all handled with satellite technology, you get coverage wherever you roam. Even where cell phones don't.

Functionality
    The Ultimate Outdoor Messenger - 100% Satellite technology.
    SPOT is the first device that can communicate a message and your exact GPS coordinates to the people you need to contact from virtually anywhere around the world. With SPOT, you can keep in touch no matter what your outdoor activity may be. Whether you're just checking in, allowing others to track your progress or calling for help - SPOT can give you and your loved ones assurance that your next adventure will be a safe one.
    Works where cell phones don't
    SPOT utilizes 100% satellite technology, so SPOT works around the world, even where cell phones don't. SPOT coverage including virtually all of the continental United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe and Australia, portions of South America, Northern Africa and North-eastern Asia, and hundreds or thousands of miles offshore of these areas. Backed by one of the world's leading mobile satellite companies, the SPOT network has provided reliable service for over 50,000 governmental and industrial clients.
    Communicates like GPS devices can't - Transmitting messages and exact coordinates.
    Unlike traditional GPS devices, which only receive a satellite signal indicating your location, SPOT uses dual satellite networks which allows for an outward communication of your coordinates to be sent to friends and family, or to request emergency assistance when you need it.
    Product and Service Features
    • Communication Functions
    o Alert 9-1-1 dispatches emergency responders to an exact location
    o Ask for Help sends a request for help to friends and family with your location
    o Check In lets contacts know where you are and that you are okay
    o Track Progress sends and saves your location and allows others to track your progress using Google Maps™

• Battery Life
    o Power ON, unused: Approx. 1 year,
    o SPOT casting continuous tracking mode: Approx. 14 days
    o 9-1-1 mode: Up to 7 consecutive days
    o HELP mode: up to 1900 messages
    o SPOT check OK up to 1900 messages

• Service subscription required (Online After Delivery)
    o Messaging: $99.99 USD/YR - Unlimited basic satellite messaging service subscription
    o Tracking: $49.99/yr (Optional Service)
    o Rescue insurance: $7.95/yr - GEOS Search and Rescue Benefit (Recommended Service)

• Product Specs
    o Weights: 7 ounces.
    o Waterproof to a depth of 1 meter for up to 30 minutes
    o Operating Temperatures: -40?F to +185?F
    o Operating Altitude: -300 ft to +21,300 ft
    o Humidity and Salt Fog Rated
    o Powered by Google Maps ™

There is life after cell phone signals die !!!

ps. this is no comercial Advertising !!!
    this is just information for all of us to back home safety
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by evomax; 10-31-2008 at 09:33 PM.

This sounds like a great product. I truley wish jeremy and his group were equiped with thease devices.

SPOT does not work in Hawaii. I emailed them several months ago and asked them to get on with the program... It ALMOST covers hawaii... They gave me a generic response along the lines of "maybe some day."

I originally wanted to get one for my free-diving float since I swim a ways out often and that's how I started researching these. I will probably just end up with a regular EPIRB instead.

-Paul

Hellwoman Moderator

Heya All,
    Great responses by everyone, thanks again Dom..
    Yes I think its really important to further investigate all products I have heard good/bad reviews on all of them.
    I suppose like cell phone service, it can be on/off levels of relability, things fail, but its cheap insurance for the value of our lives.
    Thanks again, very informative responses.
    Shawn

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home sxr951's Avatar

location-based awareness<<<<<<

You got to be kidding! Is that like politically correct..lol

Bros before HOES!!!!! Moderator
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

i tried to market one of these devices with all of the same features over a year ago, with no interest when it came to actually purchasing it.

why does it take the theft of another ski to all of the sudden have interest?
    the laws of physics and the principals of the mechanics can not change. One can only manipulate them to the point of failure.

X2 BUILD THREAD: http://pwctoday.com/f72/finally-my-x2-build-137749.html

WWW.RONNYMAC.COM
    WWW.SKISHOPRULES.COM

PWCToday Newbie

i think i may look into one of these

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information