Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Hellwoman Moderator

911 Revisited: Where were you?

911 Revisited: Where were you on 9/11?

I was teaching a PWC water rescue class to Huntington Beach City Lifeguards. I will never forget the images on television as we watched in utter horror and dismay. Our world essentially shifted from normal day to day activity to empty American streets, no aircraft in airspace, no humans milling about, empty freeways and phones lit up. It was the first time since the 1940's that America stood still.

Those infamous numbers are etched in our generation. Like all erosion of time, memories will fade, dates will slowly erode and fail the shadows of mankind. The shock wore of quick, replaced with the 'War on Terror' and lingering on the invasion in Iraq, little connection remains to the 3 planes in US airspace on terrorist missions. Now it is celebrated on the Anniversary, but I am sure that every day it is real to the families involved and those serving in our war zones.

On the first anniversary I participated in a charity race. I chose the New York City Police Department Emergency Services Unit (NYPD ESU) to support those I had trained prior to the attacks. One year had passed, but the wound was still agape, America held its breath as the date neared. My daughter Kyla and I ended up on 9/11/02 in the 'Pit' where the Twin Towers stood for their last salute exactly one year ago. We were with the families who lost their loved ones, our US President Bush and staff. It was a day I will never forget.

NEVER FORGET FDNY

NEVER FORGET NYPD

NEVER FORGET 911

LIBERTY CHALLENGE

Date: September 6-11th, 2002 - Key West Florida to New York City NY, 1600 miles on Personal Watercraft.

Mission:

To honor the personnel trained by K38 in NYPD ESU Widows and Orphans Fund on the Anniversary of 9/11

Photo Album: http://flickr.com/photos/k38shawn/se...7604927529066/

Yamaha SUV-2 additional fuel tanks installed for long range riding.

http://flickr.com/photos/k38shawn/24...7604927529066/

Re: 911 Revisited: Where were you?

Shawn,

That is great what you guys did. And 1600 miles is a long journey. It is sad to think about what happened that day. But I think that we will all remember. At least I will.

You do a lot of nice things for people and you try to keep them safe. That's all we can do.

Paula and Tom

i was in Middle school in Coach Ellingtons class listening about history, we had to go to the math teachers class to watch it on the tv until they cut it off.

Kinda weird how you remember things like that.

AKA: Resident Smart Azz };-)~ PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Hurricane249's Avatar

Was at my office which is in the flight path of the Nashville airport. When I say flight path I mean flight path, runway was exactly one mile from our building and our building was lined up with the center of the runway. It was eerily quiet after about 10:00 or so with the exception of fighter jet traffic. I was doing real estate closings at that time and of course all of the lenders shut down so we didn't do anything but sit and watch TV all day. It still seems very surreal.
    ACMC

TABOMPR

Quote Originally Posted by PrickofMisery
    Sprinkle it with as much powdered sugar and gold leaf that you want... It is still, and always will be a PoS Turd Ski. No hard feelings.

Hellwoman Moderator

God Bless America. Never Forget. I know I cannot.
    And many well wishes and good rides to all of you and yours!
    Ride on!

school....

Man of Steel PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home davidw's Avatar

I was on my way to work ( I worked as a fund raiser for the Nj chapter of the IAFF. Inernational association of Fire Fighters as well as other agency's including law enforcement ). I stopped at my mother in laws for something and on her TV was the whole thing unfolding on live TV. There was a show on it last night that replayed alot of footage. Totally sickening........
    Last edited by davidw; 09-10-2009 at 09:51 PM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

1st grade, we we're actually watching channel 5 when they cut in the show wit breaking news.

my teacher was so shocked she couldn't change the channel.(even tho she was supposed to)

Hellwoman Moderator

2009 remeberance of 9-11

Media Release

September 10, 2009

THE PWC COMMUNITY RALLIES ON BEHALF OF OUR NATIONS BRAVE

United Warrior Survivor Foundation Personal Watercraft Awareness and Fundraising Ride: LA Harbor to San Diego Harbor and Back

Dates: Saturday September 12, 2009

Locations: Los Angeles Port to San Diego Harbor, and back. California USA

On behalf of United Warrior Survivor Foundation, the United Warrior PWC Freedom Riders will launch from Cabrillo Beach, San Pedro and ride south to the Naval Amphibious base located on Coronado Island, California, and back again. The open ocean ride of 280 miles along the California Coastline will be a memorial fundraiser on behalf of UWSF surviving spouses of our fallen Special Operations Warriors since 9-11.

The United Warrior PWC Freedom Ride commences on September 11, 2009. On the anniversary of those who lost their lives in the terrorist attacks against our nation. We Will Never Forget.

PWC Community

The fellowship amongst Personal Watercraft owners crosses all waters and causes! In support of the UWSF, American Watercraft Association club members, PWCtoday.com, Greenhulk.net, SocalWatercraftClub.com, PWCoffshore.com and other caring riders will be welcoming the UWSF PWC Freedom Riders as they depart and enter ports along the Southern California Coast.

Safety-Kindness-Integrity (Bonkow-SKI) Reminders

-Abide by all Harbors and Navigation's Code - Boat Smart From The Start!
    -American Flags treated with utmost respect
    -Prudent Mariner and good Seamanship skills while underway
    -Safety communications and required federal equipment stored on
    board
    -Buddy system- Never Ride Alone!
    -Take a safe boating course. Know Before You Go

Please make a minimum donation to the UWSF of $10
    https://www.givedirect.org/give/givefrm.asp?CID=11226

STOPSInterviews available at these fuel docks and waypoints along the route. These are approximate times, check with Pirate/Spot Adventure to locate the Freedom Riders. You can track on the SPOT Adventure link listed below:

Depart SAN PEDRO – Cabrillo Beach at 0600 - return approx 2:30 PM[ at the beach inside the breakwater in the Park]

DANA POINT Harbor boat launch – approximately 0800 - return 12:30 PM

OCEANSIDE Harbor boat launch - approximately 0900 - return 11:30

POINT LOMA

SAN DIEGO BAY Coronado Island Boat Ramp on the Silver Strand (harbor side) approximately 1000[turnaround point is the Naval Amphibious Base refuel then retrace route to San Pedro
    Departure approximately 10;30 AM
    __________________________________________________ _________

Land Logistician (Safety Contact) David “Pirate’ Tew - 310 350 2464

Homepage: www.UWSF.org

Follow the UWSF on Twitter: http://twitter.com/UWSF

Blogger: http://uwsf.blogspot.com

Join us on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?to...id=22066153230

Complete Press Releases: http://www.k38watersafety.com/forum/...ead.php?t=2091

Follow the PWC Freedom Ride on the SPOT ADVENTURE website!
    You may leave notes of encouragement and support to the riders and families.

http://www.spotadventures.com//trip/...9f1f2ebfa785bf

UWSF Contact: Kelly Chott - UWSF Executive Director
    (619) 437-1137 Office (413) 677-1143 Fax Kelly@UWSF.org

I was in second grade getting ready to go to school.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information