User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

This is the real star right here...

My little brother is 14 years old. He is 5'5" 115 lbs. Doctor explained to us that because of the medication he has been taking for his asthma, he will not grow much more. He has been riding dirt bikes since he was 5 and has been doing Jr. Lifeguard for about 4 years and is a good surfer. I put him on my FX1 and explained.."don't try and stand up right away, get a feel for it on your knees." He launched off the beach standing up, he also did 4 complete turns and went through a boat wake. FIRST TIME EVER ON A STAND UP SKI! That is incredible....

Re: This is the real star right here...

I think lighter people have a huge advantage when starting on standups. I know i picked it up quickly, and my brothers girlfriend (small) hopped on mine the other day and stood up right away. But good for him, keep him in the sport, we need guys our age to keep this sport form dying.

Quote Originally Posted by krickon View Post
    My little brother is 14 years old. He is 5'5" 115 lbs. Doctor explained to us that because of the medication he has been taking for his asthma, he will not grow much more. He has been riding dirt bikes since he was 5 and has been doing Jr. Lifeguard for about 4 years and is a good surfer. I put him on my FX1 and explained.."don't try and stand up right away, get a feel for it on your knees." He launched off the beach standing up, he also did 4 complete turns and went through a boat wake. FIRST TIME EVER ON A STAND UP SKI! That is incredible....
    thats good let him ride it more! get him racin
    '95 SeaDoo 800
    '96 Blaster for sale

PWCToday Guru

I second the idea lighter that people have an advantage. The second time I let my cousin ride my 650sx (he only weighed about 75 pounds) he was able to stand in the tray and not even hold the handle pole, he just let it idle forward with no hands. Then again this kid has incredible balance, he can stand those exercise balls lol. Definitely keep him riding though, yankeeboy is right, we need to keep interest in the sport alive
    Last edited by Dmcastino; 01-26-2009 at 01:14 PM.

resident guru

I agree, the lighter the person the easier it is for them to stand up but makes it harder for them to throw the ski around. Keep him riding. We need more Juniors racing. Donald started on a squarenose when he was around 9 and at 12 he could still stand in the tray without the ski even running now he is one of the best Expert Ski riders in the Nation at 17. And yes, I am very proud of him and all of the time we spend together.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Father- what ever he isn't riding
    Son- Limited Class 03 SXR #891
    Freestyle 96 SJ
    Junior Ski Region 7 2005-2007
    Expert Ski Region 7 2008-2010

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home IceRocket1286's Avatar

That is awesome!

Donald is a great rider, he's fun to race with.

I started when I was 7 and I think starting everyone young is the best way to go!
    See the all new BAM Hull and test ride for yourself!

http://www.crazyjoescustoms.com/

resident guru

Donald will probably wnt to kill me when he finds out I posted the old picture of him but it is a funny picture. He wore that same life jacket all 3 years of the Junior class. I think he finally out grew it.
    Father- what ever he isn't riding
    Son- Limited Class 03 SXR #891
    Freestyle 96 SJ
    Junior Ski Region 7 2005-2007
    Expert Ski Region 7 2008-2010

Quote Originally Posted by JetSkiMobile1 View Post
    Donald will probably wnt to kill me when he finds out I posted the old picture of him but it is a funny picture. He wore that same life jacket all 3 years of the Junior class. I think he finally out grew it.

I have a few pictures of Andrew just like that one. Donald is a great kid and we enjoyed competing with him the last few years.
    Best of luck this year.
    Gary
    Father of

#90 Andrew Harris
    2007 3X World Champion
    2007 3X National Champion

That is awesome. I hope he sticks with it. Light weight is a great advantage in jet ski racing and motocross. Racers pay thousands just to shave off a couple of pounds on their ride.

i race against blazen blake wicklund in reg 1 and that kid is a rocket! he puts it down! im 195 and that kid might be 75 lbs wet with all his gear on . the weight thing is a big factor in racing . keep the kid riding my friend

Thread Information