Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

To all the would be Owners of Bartlett Lake

This is just a little rant of my own, 4 of us riding stand-ups at bartlett minding our own business and as usual just railing the shoreline, we avoid anyone that is fishing or beached so as not to disturbe them. However when we are in the middle of the lake and not another boater in sight other then the 4 butt pirates in a wake boat that have no Clue on the rules of the water can't keep their mouths shut decide that they need to explain their view of what is legal ?
    These momma boy's decide to stop and start flexing there middle fingers while we are just floating and BS'n no where near them allthough a couple of us had just a few moments earlier crossed behind them by more than 100 ft from the wanna be wake boarder. This would be at least 150ft from the Boat itself.
    At first we laughed and said get a grip and move along, and they once again began with the threats, well the blood preasure went through the roof and I got up on the ski to explain my take on things. The big mouth in the water got a nozzel full in the face at five feet I don't think his helmet was much protection from the blast, and invited the rest to meet up on shore a few hundred yards away.
    I went to the beach and stood with another pal and waited.... do you think they came to back up their threats, of course not straight to the sherif station they went crying.
    Well to all the Owners of the water......
    Visit Our E-Bay Store
    http://stores.ebay.com/APS-JETSKI-and-ATV-Parts

Action Power Sports Inc.
    Extreme Motorsports Center
    CHANDLER, ARIZONA.
    http://www.actionpowersports.net

Attention ***** PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JonnyX2's Avatar

Re: To all the would be Owners of Bartlett Lake

They probably didnt want to get their blood all over Daddy's boat!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird A/C&Heating View Post
    OMG.....Rules for 550 vintage ski class...550 ski riders do not conform to any kind of rules. That is why you are riding a 550 ski in the first place. Rules suck....
    PS...the rule book will be in my 550 pump
    Quote Originally Posted by WB1994
    Listen , stop your cryin' , its only an X2.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home MrSki's Avatar

Yeah sometimes peolpe have no idea what they are doing or where the rule lines sit. I had some guy in a ski boat try to run down my Dad many yearas ago now at Folsom Lake in Cali. It was my dad's first time on a ski, 550 no less, and he was obvoisly not doing ell and certainly not standing on the thing. This ski boat made a bee line for him, cut away at the last second and then circle around for another pass. I cut him off on my ski and told him, yelled at him to pull over and let's settle this withf fists. The wimp just blasted out of there.

In your case Steve, I'm sure the Sheriff could do nothing to you guys. They need to wittness any event before they can proceed legally. But it does suck having leo harrassment due to some woosy in a boat...sorry I missed it.
    1993 Laser Jet F15 - Mild port to PJS Cylinder.
    1992 Laser Jet F14 - Raced in 1992 World Finals.
    1992 550 SX - PJS Secret Weapon Big Bore, Kind of fast, LOL.
    1989 JS 550 - PJS motor Dual 46's, 50 MPH on GPS.
    1989 Wet Jet - Upgraded 1994 50 HP motor & exhaust. 45 MPH, yee ha!
    1986 JS 550 - Engine built. Working on fiberglass!
    1976 JS 400 - Pretty much just a shell. Sure want to restore this some day!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveTec
    This is just a little rant of my own, 4 of us riding stand-ups at bartlett minding our own business and as usual just railing the shoreline, we avoid anyone that is fishing or beached so as not to disturbe them. However when we are in the middle of the lake and not another boater in sight other then the 4 butt pirates in a wake boat that have no Clue on the rules of the water can't keep their mouths shut decide that they need to explain their view of what is legal ?
    These momma boy's decide to stop and start flexing there middle fingers while we are just floating and BS'n no where near them allthough a couple of us had just a few moments earlier crossed behind them by more than 100 ft from the wanna be wake boarder. This would be at least 150ft from the Boat itself.
    At first we laughed and said get a grip and move along, and they once again began with the threats, well the blood preasure went through the roof and I got up on the ski to explain my take on things. The big mouth in the water got a nozzel full in the face at five feet I don't think his helmet was much protection from the blast, and invited the rest to meet up on shore a few hundred yards away.
    I went to the beach and stood with another pal and waited.... do you think they came to back up their threats, of course not straight to the sherif station they went crying.
    Well to all the Owners of the water......
    Sounds like my first trip to Saguaro lake back in the late 90's, don't get to close to those fools, they'll jump off the boat and try to capsize you and start a fight in the water.
    I also invited them to the shore, what do you think they did, all mouth, can't back up nothing they say.
    Being a complete noob at the time, I had no idea there was this kind of tension between boaters and jet skiers.
    That boater hated my guts, just because I was on a jet ski, I had no idea what the problem was at the time.
    Last edited by 800 Doo; 08-17-2008 at 08:06 PM.

Gilbert, Arizona, near a lake you can't ride on...

I almost had a boater drag his skier into me as I was in the middle of the lake doing circles (I was bored). We both ended up at the sheriff's office but nothing came of it. "Sounds like you guys just had a close call" was all they could say.
    I guess if he had been an illegal it would have been a different story!

Good job Steve, nice application of a fountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Submarine
    I almost had a boater drag his skier into me as I was in the middle of the lake doing circles (I was bored). We both ended up at the sheriff's office but nothing came of it. "Sounds like you guys just had a close call" was all they could say.
    I guess if he had been an illegal it would have been a different story!

Good job Steve, nice application of a fountain.
    LOL JR. Glad to see you're on top of your game!

Quote Originally Posted by Submarine
    I guess if he had been an illegal it would have been a different story!.
    The way they are taking over the city, probably wont be long before illegals are at the lakes in throngs, I went to SEARS of all places last week, guess what kind of music I heard playing in there. Casher checked me out in spanglish......SEARS.
    I went to the bank at fry's yesterday, I was the only none illegal mexican in the whole bunch of about 25 in line, all the tellers were spanish and speaking spanish.
    What a geat felling seeing this country get trashed by a third world county.
    If they are not in your neighborhood yet they will be soon.
    ...and if I think my central Phoenix neighborhood is bad, all I have to do is drive down to South Phoenix, where english is almost prohibited.
    Last edited by 800 Doo; 08-18-2008 at 12:41 AM.

...double post
    Last edited by 800 Doo; 08-18-2008 at 12:31 AM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home ZMANN's Avatar

Def no shortage of as.swipes in Ski boats /Last year I was towing a fishing boat in with my PWC and had some tools blast by me way to close so after I completed my tow and had words with the as.swipes I took off just to have them come up and start throwing full can of beer at me..( the Sheriff went after them ) Then Friday at saguaro a ski boat towing a skier going the wrong way forced me into the no wake zone to avoid a head on collision ! but anymore I just bite my tonger and ride away ! cause even if you kick their *** your the one who will lose in court
    http://www.pwctoday.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15348&dateline=1238301767

Come to think of it now Steve, when I was up there with you and Geoff the other week, after you left I think, I was out in the channel minding my own business and some butwad in a ski boat pulling his kid on a tube cut right in front of me at 35-40 MPH. I had to take evasive action, I'm talking a hard full speed bouy turn, to avoid a collision. I didn't think much more of it at the time except dumbarse boater. But had I been a less experienced jetskier, there would for sure have been an accident. So I guess it's good to talk about it and keep the word out there to be careful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information