Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hellwoman Moderator

Jet Skier still missing in Keweenaw

Folks, please wear your life jacket! It doesn't matter what you do in life, it all has risk, but you can use the safety and security devices and The better prepared you are, the better the outcome, for life has no guarantees. If you do not know how to swim, take swimming lessons, every year purchase a new lifejacket. They lose their flotation capability over time. Take a safe boating course, there is a lot you can do for yourself and others, and you only have to ask yourself one question? How much are you worth?
    Yours In Water Safety
    Shawn Alladio

Jet Skier still missing
    Crews comb Torch Lake cuts

By Jeni Jewell
    Thursday, August 14, 2008 at 6:15 p.m.

TORCH LAKE TOWNSHIP -- Nearly 24 hours after a Laurium man went missing on the Torch Lake cuts, crews are still searching for him on land and in the water.

Police aren't sure what happened to 19-year-old Brian Buschell Wednesday night. He was last seen around 6:30 p.m., riding a jet ski north on Torch Lake.

Although authorities don't have much information to go on, they do know that Buschell wasn't wearing a life jacket. One friend of the teen reported Buschell doesn't know how to swim.

When he didn't return by 10 p.m., the owner of the jet ski called 9-1-1, prompting the multi-agency search for the teen. Bootjack First Responders and the U.S. Coast Guard were called to 49139 Bootjack Road.

Bootjack First Responders found the jet ski a few hours later. It was about a mile from where Buschell borrowed it. A marine officer inspected the jet ski, which still runs. It had a quarter tank of gas and appeared to be undamaged.

"We don't know if he's in the water or not," said Houghton County Undersheriff Roy Britz. "We're doing some contact searching also."

Bootjack First Responders searched until 1 a.m. when heavy fog rolled in. The Coast Guard stayed, along with a Coast Guard helicopter from Traverse City.

Around 11 a.m., the Coast Guard suspended their search, and the Houghton County Sheriff's Department took over with the help of Bootjack First Responders. The search continued into the afternoon, but murky water and seaweed obstructed visibility.

A Michigan State Police dive team was also activated Wednesday morning. They plan to start diving Friday morning around 7 a.m.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Grumpy Old Guy's Avatar

Re: Jet Skier still missing in Keweenaw

the number of fallen skiers keeps going up. All though stup in this case still sad.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home The J-ROD's Avatar

Bad people bad! Wear your life jacket

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home tfergusonracing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Alladio
    Buschell wasn't wearing a life jacket. One friend of the teen reported Buschell doesn't know how to swim.
    It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. I am not a big man.

Darwin at work
    '94 Blaster, Protec pipe, protec intake grate, UMI bars, vortex flame arrestor

'96 Seadoo XP 787, Rossier exhaust, milled head cover, R&D nozzle, R&D intake grate, Solas impeller

this is scarly close to me! havnt heard much about it surprisingly and unfortunately, the Olympics have all but put a halt to the news.

hopes for a happy resolution.....

PWCToday's first Tigershark owner Moderator
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
    I can hold up my hand and point to where I live. Can you?

wow, aweful news. I don't understand why people don't wear pfd's. I hope this story has a happy ending.
    Region 6

Shark Bait
    My race boats:
    1999 Tigershark 1100R (ret.)
    Novice 1200 Stock
    1996 XP
    800 Limited/2 Stroke Limited

2015 Achievements
    1st Place Overall 2 Stroke Limited on the CWA CanAm Tour
    7th Place at World Finals Am R/A 1000 SS
    7th Place at World Finals Pro-Am 1000 SS
    Thank you to my sponsors: GoPro, AMSOIL, Riva Racing, Incase, Shorai, ODI Grips, and Ryno Power.
    Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TripleLRacing/

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home 1goofball's Avatar

I have forgotten to put a life vest on just once. A 10 year old boy was hollering at me and I'm saying, "why is that kid yelling at me", so I drove closer to him. He said, "dude, you don't have your life vest on"
    I told him thanks for hollering because I simply forgot. I was only on ski about 3 minutes before he hollered, but I'm sure glad the kid had some sense!

The guy couldn't swim, but was riding a jet ski alone without a vest? Hmmmmmm.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information