• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • graepaep
    Top Dog
    • Jun 2007

Re: standup roll call

Depends.

Dog River is real close and convenient. There are some pretty big boats cruising through there so the wakes can be good.

Presley's Landing is not too far from me and its a really nice place. You can beach and set up in the shade between rides. Plenty of boats but they are mostly smaller.

Alabama Point (the gulf) is a little bit of a drive and takes some planning but when the waves are good it is well worth it. We beach under the bridge so we're in the shade and the water there is pretty protected. You have to either launch a bit away, idle over and have someone drive your vehicle or use a beach dolly.
    CCC

Originally posted by fastlife23
    Just as long as you got protection f it!

Comment

• Brad_P
      PWCToday Regular
      • Mar 2010

Id be down to do something once i get my boat back after world finals, i met up with justin in pcola and we rode a bit, but it was like 2 weeks after i got my sxr so i was kinda ****y.

Comment

• doubled
        I dream skis
        • Feb 2004

back on again....

it's been a while I know. I'm Lafayette, working in Lake Charles now. Brad P hoping you can show me where to ride out here in LC. I'll PM ya, finally got that sxr you were talking bout...

later yall
        A bad day skiing is ALWAYS better than a good day of work! I've had plenty bad days.

03' 800sx-r port matching on aft carb intake mani, electric bilge, tinytach, boat launch mishap induced hull chine modifications....lol.

650sx
        44mm mikuni w/vortex f/a, solas peller, ocean pro rideplate & grate, electric auto bilge w/overboard discharge
        and lots of corrosion!

1100zxi
        pretty much stock cept for the electric bilge and now a r&d scoop grate.

and a 14ft shuttlecraft

Comment

• kevo621
          PWCToday Regular
          • Dec 2007

i'm in lafayette. just finished putting one of the 550's back together. i'm going to be taking it out at lake dupleson ( north of opelousas) this weekend.
          The only thing consistant is change.....

84 Kawi JS 550
          78 Kawi JS 550

Comment

• DTA108
            PWCToday Newbie
            • Aug 2011

Hey guys new to riding just got 06 sxr live n lake Charles.

Comment

• pipsr09
              PWCToday Newbie
              • Jan 2011

i have a 550sx. im from pierre part and ride in lake verret and belle river. Anybody familiar with hydroturfing these skis. i have all supplies and will pay to have it done lol.

Comment

• 83Gator
                Frequent Poster
                • Mar 2010

If you're a young fellow and have a place on the Belle (near Settoon's), I've saw you out wake jumping last summer. I might even have taken some pix of you having fun. If it's not you, welcome to the forum all the same. Sorry, but I can't help you w/re-turf job; never done it before. BTW, I'm a couch rider...
                sigpicLooking for a new place to ride that PWC of yours? Follow me to PWCTrailFinder.com We're adding new
                trails every week with miles of water worth exploring -check us out today!

Comment

• pipsr09
                  PWCToday Newbie
                  • Jan 2011

yeah i rode up and down around there. i have a white ski with a red life jacket, didnt meet up with any other stand ups yet. i love it.. gets a lot of stares too

Comment

• 83Gator
                    Frequent Poster
                    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by pipsr09 View Post
                    yeah i rode up and down around there. i have a white ski with a red life jacket, didnt meet up with any other stand ups yet. i love it.. gets a lot of stares too
                    I'd gamble you're the only one in the area. At least there can't be too many others... I'll go through my archives and see if I can't find those pix...
                    sigpicLooking for a new place to ride that PWC of yours? Follow me to PWCTrailFinder.com We're adding new

Comment

• 83Gator
                      Frequent Poster
                      • Mar 2010

Does this guy look familiar?
                      Attached Files

Comment

• pipsr09
                        PWCToday Newbie
                        • Jan 2011

havent checked this in a while but i do know him. im actually related to him. he sold it after our friend broke the steering plate. it was fun and super light

Comment

• 83Gator
                          Frequent Poster
                          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by pipsr09 View Post
                          havent checked this in a while but i do know him. im actually related to him. he sold it after our friend broke the steering plate. it was fun and super light
                          LOL... small world. Have a great riding season.

Comment

Working...
                          X