» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JR IN JAX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: turbo lubrication

Quote Originally Posted by adb1028 View Post
    This stuff is thick as hell. Its like this silvery gray extra thick paste with the consistency of peanut butter. There's no chance of corrosion ever happening with this stuff on it. Its much better better than spraying a $10 can of CRC on the damn thing every week
    If you use the CRC Corrosion Block [not 656] you will only have to spray it once a year. It is a very thick brown waxy film and stays put unlike the non-drying 656 [which I use to spray the rest of the engine].
    You also might read my post about on exhaust elbow removal above.
    Honda Pilot NAVI
    F150 4x4
    3 '06 F12Xs
    CR250
    2 CR80s
    1 XR100
    2 PW50s
    1 Vento Phantom 150
    1 Honda SHI 150
    '98 Allison Grandsport/Merc 2.5 SS
    Jax. Fl.

"Confidence is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation"

"The automated aircraft of the future will have a crew of two; a pilot and a dog".
    The pilot is tasked with feeding the dog. The dog is to bite the pilot if he touches the controls.

"Any ship can be a minesweeper,,, once".

If Honda has it written in the manual to use CRC 6-56 then I would trust that stuff. Order the 1 gallon jug and use a spray bottle.

Great info guy's, thanks.
    06 R-12x (stock inside the hull) ODI Rouge Grips

EVERY HUMAN BEING NEEDS WATER TO SURVIVE. RIDE AN AQUATRAX, AND YOU'LL KNOW WHY!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cdylanpwc View Post
    If Honda has it written in the manual to use CRC 6-56 then I would trust that stuff. Order the 1 gallon jug and use a spray bottle.

Great info guy's, thanks.
    Whatever.....it's your ski.
    Honda Pilot NAVI
    F150 4x4
    3 '06 F12Xs
    CR250
    2 CR80s
    1 XR100
    2 PW50s
    1 Vento Phantom 150
    1 Honda SHI 150
    Jax. Fl.

"Confidence is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation"

"The automated aircraft of the future will have a crew of two; a pilot and a dog".
    The pilot is tasked with feeding the dog. The dog is to bite the pilot if he touches the controls.

Top Dog

I have been thinking about taking some of the Green Grease that I use to pump into the grease fitting and smear it on the turbo and actuator. This seems similar to what you guys are taking about. The other option I have been toying with is removing the turbo and getting at least the actuator power coated and maybe power coating the whole turbo. I wonder if this would work. What temp is the turbo while it is running, ect?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thomasdjames1 View Post
    I have been thinking about taking some of the Green Grease that I use to pump into the grease fitting and smear it on the turbo and actuator. This seems similar to what you guys are taking about. The other option I have been toying with is removing the turbo and getting at least the actuator power coated and maybe power coating the whole turbo. I wonder if this would work. What temp is the turbo while it is running, ect?
    The cold galvanizing spray is a sacrificial coating of 95% zinc and 5% epoxy [to hold it in place]. Any other coating can continue to rust/corrrode underneath the coating. The zinc will have to slowly deplete before the steel can go back to rusting again.... Clear as mud?
    The CG spray is also the best thing going for your boat trailer/trailer hardware too for the same reason.
    Honda Pilot NAVI
    F150 4x4
    3 '06 F12Xs
    CR250
    2 CR80s
    1 XR100
    2 PW50s
    1 Vento Phantom 150
    1 Honda SHI 150
    Jax. Fl.

PWCToday Newbie

Hey JR or anyone else, How do I go about lubing the throttle cable and steering system? I've done the throttle body and the turbo after everyride... I also grease my pump every month with a squeeze or 2 of green grease. I ride in salt and been noticing my turbo turning a brownish color is this something to worry about? All the clamps and screws look very clean, other than the actual turbo turning that color i see nothing else wrong with it. I follow all these procedures after every ride. I also wash my ski with turtle wax soap and wipe it down clean. Should I be cleaning the inside of the hull with anything??

Top Dog

As long as you are not developing rust then you are fine. The wastegate acuator is part you really do not want to rust. I think you are in good shape. Just as long as you keep spraying it down you should be fine.

Blog Entries

If I ride in salt, I flush on the way home by stopping at a self-serve car wash and sticking the wand into the hose I stuck on the flush fitting [with soap]. I then rinse the inside of the engine bay [with soap] being carefull not to spray the intake filter on the turbocharger inlet. Once it has a chance to dry, I spray it with CRC all over the turbo assembly.

I also spray my steering and reverse cable/bendix with CRC heavy duty corrosion spray to keep the salt out of all the threads/bolts.
    Honda Pilot NAVI
    F150 4x4
    3 '06 F12Xs
    CR250
    2 CR80s
    1 XR100
    2 PW50s
    1 Vento Phantom 150
    1 Honda SHI 150
    Jax. Fl.

PWCToday Regular

Quote Originally Posted by JR IN JAX View Post
    If I ride in salt, I flush on the way home by stopping at a self-serve car wash and sticking the wand into the hose I stuck on the flush fitting [with soap]. I then rinse the inside of the engine bay [with soap] being carefull not to spray the intake filter on the turbocharger inlet. Once it has a chance to dry, I spray it with CRC all over the turbo assembly.

I also spray my steering and reverse cable/bendix with CRC heavy duty corrosion spray to keep the salt out of all the threads/bolts.
    Isn't your engine still hot on your way home? I wait quite awhile before I feel the engine is cool enough to douse it in cold water .........................

Top Dog

It does not matter. Honda PWC engines do not get too hot. No thermostat. They flip over all the time and get water in them with hurting cracking anything,

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information