Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Top Dog

Re: turbo lubrication

For lubrication use CRC 6-56 to spray everything (spray the whole motor down for saltwater use and make sure to get the turbo really good). Use Green Grease (http://www.greengrease.net/) for the grease fitting. Change the oil after the first ten hours then every 50 hours or once a year whichever come first after the first 10 hours oil change. For oil use http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/...4T_10W-40.aspx which is great stuff and meets all the Honda requirements. Both the CRC 6-56 and Green Grease are available at Advanced Auto Parts.

PWCToday Regular

is anyone spraying crc inside the turbo housing.asking this because my wgs is getting water in it i assume thru turbo housing as i have uni air filter and do mostly surf riding ?can forsee future problems with turbo.

PWCToday Guru

Your solenoid should not be getting water in it.
    Water coming from your housing at the uni filter is hitting your compressor blades, which can turn at 100k RPM. 100K RPM + water = bad.
    Spraying into the turbo housing is the same as spraying into your intake.. Probably not a good idea for sensors long term.

PWCToday Newbie

hey guys just got my box of crc from the mail order company. i sprayed the wastegate mechanism, turbo, and inside the throttle body tubing as described above...

I realized after spraying the living hell out of both those things, that the 9 oz bottle said "CRC general purpose water displavcement lubricant" or something similar... turns out it is crc 5-56.

i just orderd the 6-56 (it was my mistake ordering the 5-56).

can i stilluse the 556 or did i create an issue?

Also... should i be routinely just spraying the hell out of the entire engine? plug wires, harnesses, engine top, nuts/bolts/ etc?

PWCToday Newbie

Не могу понять назначение этого устройства (механизма) (изображение внизу), для чего оно предназначено, и что с ним делать? Я его вскрывал, там чисто и ничего нет.
    I can not understand appointment of this device (gear) (the image below) for what it is intended, and what with it to do? I opened it, there is pure also anything was not present.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Valeha; 08-27-2009 at 07:31 AM.

PWCToday Newbie

So is this required even in fresh water, for riding inland lakes and not rough waters? Do these skis really require that much maintenance? My old Kawasaki only required topping off the oil (2 stroke) about once a month and changing plugs once a season plus normal maintenance during winterizing.

So to be sure I understand after every ride (even short ones under an hour) you need to lube the throttle body through the cable and spray the out side of the turbo and the wastegate.
    Chuck P
    2006 Honda AquaTrax R12X (since new)
    1998 Yamaha Waveraider 1100 (wifes)

If riding in fresh water then the frequency of spraying it down can be reduced. It will still be in a watery enviroment so lubrication and protection is needed. I would tell you to just follow the manual for maint. and you will be fine.

BTW the salt water guys need to keep it soaked down with CRC for the obvious reasons and mainly because the turbo housing likes to rust easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightngsvt View Post
    So is this required even in fresh water, for riding inland lakes and not rough waters? Do these skis really require that much maintenance? My old Kawasaki only required topping off the oil (2 stroke) about once a month and changing plugs once a season plus normal maintenance during winterizing.

So to be sure I understand after every ride (even short ones under an hour) you need to lube the throttle body through the cable and spray the out side of the turbo and the wastegate.

PWCToday Regular

Hey guys,
    I came across this thread and I just wanted to throw something out there. Correct me if Im wrong, but wouldn't it be more efficient to use Pro Honda Anti-Seize Lubricant? Thats what Ive been using. I just paint it on the turbo and waste gate once a season. Its very thick and keeps everything very well protected. I have had no issue with corrosion or rust even though I ride in brackish water.

Pro Honda Anti-Seize
    Last edited by adb1028; 04-04-2010 at 07:00 PM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JR IN JAX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The never seize is more for painting shafts and bolt threads to keep them from seizing. The best I have found for turbo protection is CRC Heavy Duty Corrosion Block but it is an awful brown and looks like wax. Most Never Seize compounds will wipe off and get all over the place....
    Honda Pilot NAVI
    F150 4x4
    3 '06 F12Xs
    CR250
    2 CR80s
    1 XR100
    2 PW50s
    1 Vento Phantom 150
    1 Honda SHI 150
    '98 Allison Grandsport/Merc 2.5 SS
    Jax. Fl.

"Confidence is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation"

"The automated aircraft of the future will have a crew of two; a pilot and a dog".
    The pilot is tasked with feeding the dog. The dog is to bite the pilot if he touches the controls.

"Any ship can be a minesweeper,,, once".

PWCToday Regular

Quote Originally Posted by JR IN JAX View Post
    The never seize is more for painting shafts and bolt threads to keep them from seizing. The best I have found for turbo protection is CRC Heavy Duty Corrosion Block but it is an awful brown and looks like wax. Most Never Seize compounds will wipe off and get all over the place....
    This stuff is thick as hell. Its like this silvery gray extra thick paste with the consistency of peanut butter. There's no chance of corrosion ever happening with this stuff on it. Its much better better than spraying a $10 can of CRC on the damn thing every week

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information